Post here your Elvis' pictures

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:51 pm

The Aldens were all hot,...... and that was Elvis' problem.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:44 pm

sid wrote:Please keep them coming.

allright...

and my favourite:

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:42 am

elvisjock wrote:
Lew Nyack wrote:Image

I've never seen this shot before. Who's the honey?

This is 26 year old Rosemary Alden.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:03 pm

Beautiful photographs of our Man :D

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:15 pm

Fantastic pictures a few i have never seen before

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:31 am

First, i must say that this is a great thread. I love looking at these pictures and see Elvis trying to actually enjoy himself somewhere besides onstage during the last year of his life.

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:07 am

paulsweeney wrote:Here are a couple more from Hawaii, March 1977

And links to the rest;

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/hawaii77.html
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/terryginger0377.html
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/tan77.html
I scanned the top one! :)

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:04 am

And another rare one:

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:23 am

Hey I love that close up Etcat...is the original scan like that or has it been edited :?

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:45 am

Brad M wrote:Hey I love that close up Ecat...is the original scan like that or has it been edited :?

Condering the small close-up area, I asked myself the same question. However, since I managed to enlarge the original pic without too much quality loss, I'd assume it's pretty close to the original pic.

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:46 am

ok thanks buddy, wasn't sure...ethier way a great pic !! 8)

lovely pictures

Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:14 pm

[b]lovely pictures, i havnt seen them ones before , cool, i like it , thanks for showing them.

Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:57 am

Great pix.
Interesting too that he is on a public beach with people walking along with their feet in the water and it's no bother.
He should have spent more time enjoying it
rick

Last Vacation 1977

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:01 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:What are the chances that more of the photos from that trip will be published? IIRC, there are many of Elvis out and about, looking well-dressed and happy.

Very well (ie: uniquely) dressed (in keeping with EP's style, and very unlike your average tourist) ........... yet partaking in normal "touristy" adventures.

(In fact, I love the juxtaposition of EP in a very "normal" environment ............... but not in an entirely "normal" manner - as is often evidenced from pics from this vacation). On a number of levels, this was the story of EP's entire life. Very fascinating, indeed. This fact also lends some answers to some of the other other questions being discussed below.

Will they ever be published? As is always the case in The EP World, ........... anything is always possible.

E-Cat wrote:I just know that Ed took some pics at the Polynesian and I know that Ginger has got 3 more pictures (probably through Rosemary): one at the beach and another one taken at the beach house and a group picture at the airport (it was Terry's birthday when they left).

There are others as well (besides Parker's):

EP is flanked by the stunning Alden sisters, holding his trademark aviators due to the darkened arena, and protected by a MMM buffer zone (Joe E., Grob, Hodge, Dr. Nick, et al).

E-Cat wrote:There maybe more through other sources, like the neighbours, but I doubt it will be enough to justify publishing a book.

There are enough .............. out-n-about, at the Polynesian, ....... from other tourists / locals, at a dinner party, etc.

Any published book on this topic would be useless (IMO), without actual photos of the event(s). (Additional note: otherwise, many would not believe and chalk up to more embellished MYTH).

E-Cat wrote:There is one thing however, which may be of interest: there are no pics of Elvis in short pants. Elvis must have been very aware of how he looked like those days, in fact it looks as if he was ashamed to expose himself even to his friends.

Correct, but keep in mind that EP also did not have the privacy afforded to the average person / tourist (he was also very well aware). Generally speaking, taking private pics of E at any time, in terms of just snapping away freely, was an understood no-no to those around him. That said, this was a vacation, and cameras (of various sorts) were to be expected - just not pointed in E's direction too much.

EP's privacy was generally respected on this vacation, ..... but some pics. were inevitable (fortunately, for history, ..... & lucky for us, as fans).

N8

Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:18 pm

E-Cat wrote:And another rare one:

It is edited? How do I know? Well have a look ... and also two shots more.

Joern

Image Image Image

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:39 am

wow thank you

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:31 pm

That hat. Why?

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:04 pm

E-Cat wrote:And another rare one:

Thanks for posting!!!!!!

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:08 pm

I always look at these pictures and think what a mistake that eye op was.

The saddest one is a pic of EP clutching Joe Esposito's girlfriend indoors. You can really see the effect of it there. But the picture is also entrancing in other ways: he seems like a little kid, genuinely out of depth in the adult world somehow, what with his slightly goofy hat, police / federal badge almost adorned like a kid's party badge and his general demeanour. There's something about it that touches me. It's actually one of my favourites.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:46 pm

Cryo - i'm not sure the eye op can be blamed. In the weeks after the op, Elvis looked younger, and healthier than he had for ages.

I think his lifestyle, worry, depression and the other things that plagued him probably were more harmful to his appearance, and the reason the bags around his eyes came back so quickly.

I think the perhaps the biggest worry around this time was his finances. With the bodyguard lawsuits, the failed racketball venture, diminishing royalties etc etc, Elvis had very little money, and huge expenses. This, along with his poor diet, lack of excercise, and drug issues would have made any man look 10 years older.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:52 pm

Regarding that "hat":

You guys aren't gonna believe this, but ............ that hat has been around on the EP-Owned market for a very long time; it was one of the pieces that often never sold thru auction (it didn't help that the asking price was equally "goofy"). Provenance, I believe, by Billy Smith (off the top of my head, no pun intended, ......... but would have to double-check).

Seriously, though, ........ another endearing quality of EP's was his no hang-ups attitude about wearing regular ol' store bought off-the-shelf clothing items (even in '77). Don't forget, ..... this was a vacation and these very private photos with the "hat" were just that - private. A very intimate glimpse as to the real Elvis of '77 .... on a number of levels.

---------------------------

Incidently, ........... can you guys imagine EP window shopping, out in the open, like a regular ol' guy, at Ala Moana (which is a huge open-air mall in Honolulu near the beach) ............. and other local Mom-n-Pop type stores around Oahu ??!!?? Unbelievable stuff, especially for '77.

N8

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:59 pm

N880EP wrote:Regarding that "hat":

You guys aren't gonna believe this, but ............ that hat has been around on the EP-Owned market for a very long time; it was one of the pieces that often never sold thru auction (it didn't help that the asking price was equally "goofy"). Provenance, I believe, by Billy Smith (off the top of my head, no pun intended, ......... but would have to double-check).

Seriously, though, ........ another endearing quality of EP's was his no hang-ups attitude about wearing regular ol' store bought off-the-shelf clothing items (even in '77). Don't forget, ..... this was a vacation and these very private photos with the "hat" were just that - private. A very intimate glimpse as to the real Elvis of '77 .... on a number of levels.

Oh, now. Thanks for the info, but......

I'm just prejudiced against those damn hats.

I had one very much like it as a little kid -- and I hated it even then! It always seemed like I was putting a tough, oversized flannel on my head.

N880EP wrote:Incidently, ........... can you guys imagine EP window shopping, out in the open, like a regular ol' guy, at Ala Moana (which is a huge open-air mall in Honolulu near the beach) ............. and other local Mom-n-Pop type stores around Oahu ??!!?? Unbelievable stuff, especially for '77.

That would have been a sight for ............ sore eyes. (Pun aside).

And so would the bleedin' hat.

The hat especially, in fact. :twisted:

Actually ........ imagine if you were on vacation in Hawaii for the first time. That would be incredible enough -- and then suppose you happened to bump into Elvis Presley. The stars would have aligned for you that day!!!

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:12 pm

Cryogenic wrote:The stars would have aligned for you that day!!!

What a coincidence that you mentioned that, ............ Geller told E the exact same thing on March 8th during that same vacation ! :shock: !

N8

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

N880EP wrote:
Cryogenic wrote:The stars would have aligned for you that day!!!

What a coincidence that you mentioned that, ............ Geller told E the exact same thing on March 8th during that same vacation ! :shock: !

N8

RESPONSE 1:

Wow! That's amazing!!!

RESPONSE 2:

Any old excuse to tease us by letting a few more drips out that big ol' tap of yours. :wink:

(Unfortunate phallic connotations aside)

Yeah ....... I see how you highlighted the "8" there (i.e Jan 8th), too. He'd just harp on anything that would get Elvis' attention, wouldn't he?

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:45 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Cryo - i'm not sure the eye op can be blamed. In the weeks after the op, Elvis looked younger, and healthier than he had for ages.

I think his lifestyle, worry, depression and the other things that plagued him probably were more harmful to his appearance, and the reason the bags around his eyes came back so quickly.

I think the perhaps the biggest worry around this time was his finances. With the bodyguard lawsuits, the failed racketball venture, diminishing royalties etc etc, Elvis had very little money, and huge expenses. This, along with his poor diet, lack of excercise, and drug issues would have made any man look 10 years older.

Guys, years ago, in the seventies, I knew a girl who became addicted to a lot of heavy duty prescription meds, she was beautiful, within a year, her eyes and eye-lids looked identical to that of Elvis', late in his life. It had a lot to do with the meds, no doubt, sorry not trying to hijack this thread. Appreciate the pics fellas, thanks again!