Post here your Elvis' pictures

Hawaii March '77 - rare pictures

Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:06 am

The aerial pictures were shot some years ago, when the neighbours had plans to sell the house.
Though the pool area has been changed, everything else remains the same.
Even after 30 yrs.
Last edited by E-Cat on Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:17 am

Fantastic pictures E-cat, who has the house now, or what happened to it do you know?

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:08 am

Interesting shots. Every time that vacation is brought up, it makes one wish he'd just spent the entire year there, getting well. What a beautiful location.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:15 pm

I know!

And to think volcanoes / seismic activity did THAT.

Hawaii just looks incredible. It's one place I have to visit.

That bottom pic of E is quite flattering. A grossly overweight man (i.e. as THE MYTH suggests) ..... does not look like that. He should definitely have spent the year there.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:05 pm

Cryogenic wrote:That bottom pic of E is quite flattering. A grossly overweight man (i.e. as THE MYTH suggests) ..... does not look like that.

It's funny, when I saw the pic, I didn't think he was grossly overweight, but Elvis appears to be struggling or stumbling, and that it was not very flattering to see him that way. But, I realize that we're looking at a quick snapshot in time, and that I also have the "benefit" of knowing how sick Elvis really was at that time of his life.

It looks like he is having a great time, as are the people around him. Very cool pics. I love those big panoramic shots.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:16 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:51 pm

Great pics - E- cat . many thanx for sharuing them with us .

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:43 pm

sid wrote:Fantastic pictures E-cat, who has the house now, or what happened to it do you know?

The house is still there, occasionaly for rent.

drjohncarpenter wrote:Interesting shots. Every time that vacation is brought up, it makes one wish he'd just spent the entire year there, getting well. What a beautiful location.

It's a great place, close to Honolulu and not that far from the Polynesian Cultural Center. He had a great time - especially with Terry, Ginger's sister.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:57 pm

What are the chances that more of the photos from that trip will be published? IIRC, there are many of Elvis out and about, looking well-dressed and happy.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:28 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:What are the chances that more of the photos from that trip will be published? IIRC, there are many of Elvis out and about, looking well-dressed and happy.

Not sure John, I just know that Ed took some pics at the Polynesian and I know that Ginger has got 3 more pictures (probably through Rosemary): one at the beach and another one taken at the beach house and a group picture at the airport (it was Terry's birthday when they left).

There maybe more through other sources, like the neighbours, but I doubt it will be enough to justify publishing a book.

There is one thing however, which may be of interest: there are no pics of Elvis in short pants. Elvis must have been very aware of how he looked like those days, in fact it looks as if he was ashamed to expose himself even to his friends.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:03 am

E-Cat wrote:There is one thing however, which may be of interest: there are no pics of Elvis in short pants.

Nor are there any shots of him without a shirt. Both are likely due to his midsection, which was distended for reasons we all well know. He may have also been a little shy because, as a Memphis night owl, he didn't have any tan to speak of.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:15 pm

Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:29 pm

Here are a couple more from Hawaii, March 1977

And links to the rest;

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/hawaii77.html
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/terryginger0377.html
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/tan77.html

Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:39 pm

thanks all, here are some more:

Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:43 pm

Beautiful pics E-Cat, thanks again! God, I wish EP could have retired in Hawaii, just to have some peace.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:02 am

E-Cat

Beautiful as these pictures are, they make me feel very sad. It's obvious he was having the time of his life there and who knows, had he been able to stay there longer, would it have prolonged his life. A lot of ''if only's'' come to mind from viewing these photos. Please keep them coming.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:56 am

E-Cat

Beautiful as these pictures are, they make me feel very sad. It's obvious he was having the time of his life there and who knows, had he been able to stay there longer, would it have prolonged his life. A lot of ''if only's'' come to mind from viewing these photos. Please keep them coming.

Beautiful pics E-Cat, thanks again!

Gee, I thought my pic was rare.......oh well, looks like I may need a few more posts under my belt. :wink:

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:56 am

Duplication
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:57 am

Duplication

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:22 pm

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:27 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:04 pm

Steve_M wrote:
Lew Nyack wrote:Duplication

while your post is the last one in a thread you can edit it and tick the "delete" box.

Thanks Steve.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:42 pm

Lew Nyack wrote:Image

I've never seen this shot before. Who's the honey?

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:45 pm

Here's another pic of her (Terry on the left, Ginger at the right):

Last edited by E-Cat on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:48 pm

E-Cat wrote:Look likes Rosemary Alden.

Here's another pic of her (Terry on the left, Ginger at the right):

Had I stood in that man's shoes, and saw things through his eyes, and been given that trio to consider, I'd have taken Rosemary!