Post here your Elvis' pictures

Johnny Harra in EP's own bed

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:14 pm

THESES PICTURES FROM "THIS IS ELVIS" NOT INCLUDE IN THE FILM.

Johnny Harra is at Graceland Upstairs in EP' bed with also his own pijamas. Look on the bedside table : Lot of cigars, gun, and the famous gold phone.

Pictures never seen , not include in the film.

Others pictures show front side of Ep' bedroom with Joe Esposito & Ginger Alden double.

Pictures filmed at Graceland "Upstairs" in 1981 for "This Is Elvis".

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:15 pm

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:15 pm

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:42 pm

There are not from Elvis bedroom.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:46 pm

Oh yes !! For sure. LOOK ALL DETAILS ON PICTURES AND COMPARE WITH EXISTING PICTURES !!

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:48 pm

You can see on colour picture : look on glasses, and see the sames details (amplifier, books, etc..)

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:54 pm

we hope thoses pictures will be add in the "New" 'This Is Elvis'.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:45 pm

E-Cat wrote:There are not from Elvis bedroom.

Errrrrrr.......yes they are.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:47 pm

The pictures with 'Ginger and Joe' do not match with the other picture you posted. Neither do they match with existing pictures of Elvis' bedroom. Those are really not from Elvis' original bedroom. Here is a real picture (Jean Lemay) from about the same angle:

...and an additional confirmation from Marty (AEK - Jan '97) :

To answer some questions and comments that have been posted recently, the TV movies, "This Is Elvis" and "Elvis & Me" did not show the real upstairs of Graceland.
Marty Lacker

Besides: when I met Ginger & Ron in Sag Harbor, she more or less said the same.

alstrada wrote:Johnny Harra is at Graceland Upstairs in EP' bed with also his own pijamas. Look on the bedside table : Lot of cigars, gun, and the famous gold phone

Though this picture is harder to judge, Elvis would normally not smoke long tipped Villiger Kiel cigars in his bedroom. This may give a clue that the picture is not from Elvis' bedroom but from a replicated bedroom. Also - for obvious reasons- it is not correct to assume that O'Hara is wearing Elvis' own pyama's !

The last picture, may be from Evis' bedroom. The wooden chest (left) looks like the one in Elvis' bedroom and those are very hard to reproduce.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:16 pm

The last picture is Elvis's room and that is Lisa on the bed.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:39 pm

E-cat,

The picture you add with the "white bed, come from late 60's.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:50 pm

Note : All pictures from J.Lemay are from 75's. It's a bite different of 77's

Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:36 pm

alstrada wrote:E-cat, The picture you add with the "white bed, come from late 60's.

No, they are from 1975 and have remained the same after his death.

chris c wrote:The last picture is Elvis's room and that is Lisa on the bed.

No, it's Ginger - from 'This is Elvis' (see pictures below)

However, now I have seen the footage in slow motion, I agree with Marty Lacker that the bedroom footage can not be from Graceland. After Ginger wakes up, she opens a door on her left, which should be the bathroom - however according to existing information there is no bathroom door on the left.

Here is the 'This is Elvis' footage - after Ginger wakes up she goes to the bathroom...

ImageImage

..and she tries to open the bathroom door on her left..

However, according to both the floorplan and the picture below - the bedroom goes straight into the bathroom...there is no door to the left...

ImageImage

Since, this clearly demonstrates that 'This is Elvis' - footage is not from Elvis´bedroom, this also implies that the pictures are not from Elvis´bedroom .

Marty and Ginger were right.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:48 am

However, on Joe's site he says the two black and white pictures, where he is sitting on the floor, are from the filming that took place in Elvis's bedroom.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:57 pm

Andrew Solt told me the upstairs scenes were actually filmed upstairs.

Elvis did smoke the brand of cigars that are scene in the photo. There are many photos of him smoking those cigars.

As for the presence of the wall unit in the bedroom photos, it would seem that the funiture was added after the Jeanne Lemay 1973 photos were taken.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:20 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:30 pm

E-Cat,

Watch the footage again. I'm not sure what you're seeing. "Ginger" wakes up, and looks over her shoulder to her right, which is where the bathroom is, not to her left, which is where you're suggesting the door is. Not only that, but she gets out of bed and walks around it towards the bathroom. It seems pretty clear to me.

As for the upstairs footage, I'm surprised to hear Marty say that. I don't think there's any doubt about it being shot upstairs. Unless he is referring to the bedroom specifically. That much I would not know.........

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:53 pm

chris c wrote:However, on Joe's site he says the two black and white pictures, where he is sitting on the floor, are from the filming that took place in Elvis's bedroom.

Perhaps you can post the link as I could not find it on his site.

elvisjock wrote:Andrew Solt told me the upstairs scenes were actually filmed upstairs.

Yes, I know this - but there is a difference between filming upstairs and filming in Elvis' bedroom. I've seen quite a bit of the unedited footage, but again...no footage from Elvis's bedroom.

elvisjock wrote:Elvis did smoke the brand of cigars that are scene in the photo. There are many photos of him smoking those cigars.

I never debated the fact that he smoked cigars, but questioned if he smoked in his own bedroom.

elvisjock wrote:As for the presence of the wall unit in the bedroom photos, it would seem that the funiture was added after the Jeanne Lemay 1973 photos were taken.

..unless the footage is just not from Elvis' bedroom.

Steve_M wrote:E-cat (hey, how you doin'?)

(Fine, thx..need to catch up sometime..)

Steve_M wrote:the film in TIE shows Ginger going to the other door to the bathroom. why i dont know as it's doubtful that it was the one she used on Aug 16th 77, but maybe for technical shooting reasons they used that.

Steve, according to the floorplan there is no other door. There is only 1 door which seperates the bedroom from the bathroom - and opens to the right if you enter from the bedroom. The door that Ginger is using opens to the left.

KHoots wrote:which is where you're suggesting the door is.

Not at all.

KHoots wrote:As for the upstairs footage, I'm surprised to hear Marty say that. I don't think there's any doubt about it being shot upstairs. Unless he is referring to the bedroom specifically. That much I would not know.........

I think he is specifically referring to the bedroom footage.

But there is more: the 'golden phone' as Al stated is different from the real one:

alstrada wrote:THESES PICTURES FROM "THIS IS ELVIS" NOT INCLUDE IN THE FILM.

Johnny Harra is at Graceland Upstairs in EP' bed with also his own pijamas. Look on the bedside table : Lot of cigars, gun, and the famous gold phone. Image

And the real golden phone from Elvis' bedroom:

.....again...not the same...

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:00 pm

For all answers, it will be better to send all questions to Johnny Harra.

But on his ownsite, his adress is remove.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:39 am

E-Cat wrote:
chris c wrote:However, on Joe's site he says the two black and white pictures, where he is sitting on the floor, are from the filming that took place in Elvis's bedroom.

Perhaps you can post the link as I could not find it on his site.

elvisjock wrote:Andrew Solt told me the upstairs scenes were actually filmed upstairs.

Yes, I know this - but there is a difference between filming upstairs and filming in Elvis' bedroom. I've seen quite a bit of the unedited footage, but again...no footage from Elvis's bedroom.

elvisjock wrote:Elvis did smoke the brand of cigars that are scene in the photo. There are many photos of him smoking those cigars.

I never debated the fact that he smoked cigars, but questioned if he smoked in his own bedroom.

elvisjock wrote:As for the presence of the wall unit in the bedroom photos, it would seem that the funiture was added after the Jeanne Lemay 1973 photos were taken.

..unless the footage is just not from Elvis' bedroom.

Steve_M wrote:E-cat (hey, how you doin'?)

(Fine, thx..need to catch up sometime..)

Steve_M wrote:the film in TIE shows Ginger going to the other door to the bathroom. why i dont know as it's doubtful that it was the one she used on Aug 16th 77, but maybe for technical shooting reasons they used that.

Steve, according to the floorplan there is no other door. There is only 1 door which seperates the bedroom from the bathroom - and opens to the right if you enter from the bedroom. The door that Ginger is using opens to the left.

KHoots wrote:which is where you're suggesting the door is.

Not at all.

KHoots wrote:As for the upstairs footage, I'm surprised to hear Marty say that. I don't think there's any doubt about it being shot upstairs. Unless he is referring to the bedroom specifically. That much I would not know.........

I think he is specifically referring to the bedroom footage.

But there is more: the 'golden phone' as Al stated is different from the real one:

alstrada wrote:THESES PICTURES FROM "THIS IS ELVIS" NOT INCLUDE IN THE FILM.

Johnny Harra is at Graceland Upstairs in EP' bed with also his own pijamas. Look on the bedside table : Lot of cigars, gun, and the famous gold phone. Image

And the real golden phone from Elvis' bedroom:

.....again...not the same...

If the film crew was allowed upstairs (and it would seem that it they were) it would seem illogical that they could film in the hallway, film Harra entering the bedroom, and then go to the expense to recreate the bedroom itself.

Solt also told me that crew members tore off sheets of toilet paper from the dispenser in Elvis' bathroom, to keep as mementos. It's hard to believe that they would be granted access to the bathroom if filming was prohibited.

Finally, notice the intercom phone on the wall next to the bed headboard. It's a match to the phones in the kitchen and elsewhere (I believe there's one visible in the TV room.) Would they have gone to that much trouble to recreate the scene, only to film in semi-darkness?

Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:51 am

E-Cat wrote:

Again, E-Cat, I have to disagree. I just watched the footage again, and the door Ginger opens goes to the right, as you go from the bedroom to the bathroom. It is hinged on the right side, and opens from the left to the right. (Interestingly, in looking at the floor plan on Jordan's site, it appears that the door swings into the bathroom, which doesn't seem likely, because it would hit the counter-top.) Geesh......

Really, when watching the footage again, keeping an eye on the background of the set, if that's not Elvis's bedroom, it is the most-authentic looking recreation you will ever see. To believe the footage was not shot at Graceland, you would have to believe they spared no expense in paying attention to the most minute of details, and that doesn't seem very likely, in my opinion.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:31 am

I agree completely with you, Khoots,

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:54 am

KHoots is most definately correct!!!!

Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:41 am

It was filmed in his real bedroom, never heard any different versions and it is a topic that comes back on many many forums.

Everything was authentic, the actor even wore the clothes of Elvis like his training suit, his pyamas and everything.

They filmed in Graceland and had access to the uppstairs rooms as well.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:41 pm

It's like a lot of the 'Elvis Mysteries' - why didn't anyone ask the questions at the time ?

The This Is Elvis Graceland scenes went by almost unnoticed for many years, until we realised their significance.

The fact is that they did shoot at the real Graceland location.

But it seems they also used a studio replica set for some footage.

But which bits are which ?

Bill E Burke once claimed the 'upstairs' filming was limited to the stairs alone.