Post here your Elvis' pictures

ABOUT MY AVATAR, is it Elvis?

Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:59 am

EDIT: I have now changed my Avatar as my former one maybe was not Elvis.

Some have asked me about my avatar, but I know absolutely nothing about it, just that I like it, so now I`ll have to know. Does anyone know where and when the picture is from??
I`ve surched the net to find one like it, but found nothing anywhere.
I got the picture from a friend who don`t know anything about it either, but we agreead that it `s from 70 or 71.(it`s size A4 in quite bad quality.)
Last edited by Guest on Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:26 am

Fairly sure it's August/September 1972. It looks like a suit style outfit to me.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:34 pm

Elvisa - is the pic defintely Elvis? The way the sleeves are cut, the fact the scarf seems very long, and not the usual shape, the fact the suit looks like it's fringed at the front, and the pattern on the top of the left (right as we look at it) of the sleeve all seem a little odd.

No chance it could be an ETA?

Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:29 pm

DarrylMac wrote:
Elvisa - is the pic defintely Elvis?

No chance it could be an ETA?

Well, I never thought about that, always thought that it was Elvis...hm... :?
I sure hope it`s Elvis, but if it turns out that it`s actually not him I`ll be :o

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:28 pm

joeroberts wrote:
Fairly sure it's August/September 1972. It looks like a suit style outfit to me.

Ok, thank you, now I looked out for pictures from that period, but still didn`t find anything that could match. I`ll just keep looking :!:

Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:21 am

Joe / Elvisa,

I first thought Feb / Aug 72, when he was wearing 2 piece suits and shirts, but that doesn't appear to be the case here. I haven't seen any "fringe" pcis from this period, and if you look at the cuff on the right side of the pic, there looks to be a fringe / tassell there too. Also, on the sleeve on the left of the pic, there's too much material - Elvis didn't have his jumpsuits cut with that much material in the sleeve. If it's a shirt, wheres the jacket with the cape attached?

It just looks to me to be a satin type material, and with the head bowed its tricky to tell, but I'm fairly sure it's not Elvis.

PS - the necklace - it looks like a dark, possibly wooden crucifix. I don't ever recall seeing Elvis wear a necklace like that.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:38 am

The belt looks similar to the one seen from August 69 that is white and black (the same design as that from the August 7, 1970 rehearsal in the red shirt). The rest of the suit seems stuck between the long fringe from the LA Forum gig and the short fringed suit only seen in 8mm footage).

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:37 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:56 pm

Well, now I have surged a lot of sites, but sadly I still found nothing that could match this picture. I`m comming to the conclusion that it`s maybe not Elvis, but still a little :?
Maybe I just WANT it to be Elvis!
Does anyone have surgestions for any sites with a lot of Elvis pictures, maybe I overlooked some :?:

Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:28 pm

I am not sure - but doesn't this look like your former avatar:
If so, it is Elvis, wearing the Light Blue Grass Suit with Gold Cape - June / Sept 1972
source: http://www.silvesterselvispage.com/j058-1.html

Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:38 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:32 pm

Nice of you to try E-Cat, but no it was not this picture in my former avatar,
Steve your right, the cape is shorter.
I`ll just put my old avatar up again for a while, just so you can compare.
Thanks again :D

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:07 pm

DarrylMac wrote:
PS - the necklace - it looks like a dark, possibly wooden crucifix. I don't ever recall seeing Elvis wear a necklace like that.

Well, I just found pictures from 77 on another thread where he is wearing just that, so he could have had it earlier on.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... hp?t=27729

elvis avatar

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:44 pm

Steve_M wrote:The cape in the avatar seemed much shorter to me
and me

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:58 am

Much better avator room3... :wink: