Post here your Elvis' pictures

Pointing a gun at himself

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:03 am

Las Vegas 1972

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:37 am

the first one catches an revealing moment of gun-craziness.
i had to study it for quite a while (comparing it with the 2nd) until i finally spotted elvis and discovered what he is doing.
a lttle help for those who don´t recognize him:
the "thing" on the right is elvis from behind, aiming his handgun right at his own reflection in the mirror(?)/wall in front of him.

fascinating ...

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:47 am

He always loves guns, typical southern style

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:36 am

Elvis spesifically asked the photographer to never release this particular photo, so obviously he was aware of what the public would say if they saw the photo. I guess "revealing moment of gun-craziness" would've been one of them. :D

Eivind

Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:52 am

Eivind wrote:Elvis spesifically asked the photographer to never release this particular photo, so obviously he was aware of what the public would say if they saw the photo. I guess "revealing moment of gun-craziness" would've been one of them. :D

Eivind

Then whe must keep this foto for our self :wink:

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:57 pm

The first photo is from a set of pictures. I think I previously posted this in a thread, but re-uploading it again. Some cropping.

IMHO it doesn't reveal gun craziness. How do you define that anyway? Is it a bad thing or not? He might have just gotten the gun and is checking his posture in the mirror. He had a firing range at Graceland, nothing crazy there, especially given his background. ROTC [Reserve Officers' Training Corps], Army training etc. Raised in a "gun" house. Most Southerners were (and are). He loved his collection of weapons. I think the earliest is a candid at Lauderdale Courts (or another location), where he is carrying a weapon. The only thing I find disturbing is that he sometimes pulled guns on people and held them to their head. The unfortunate Linda incident. Not so much the shooting at TV sets or chandeliers. Some of the MMM carried. Elvis in his boot, on stage.

Anyone know the location of this photo?

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:20 pm

Melanie,

I'm sure someone else will have a specific date, but I believe the bottom photo was taken at the Audubon Drive house in the summer of '56.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:43 am

[Anyone know the location of this photo?

Las Vegas at his suite i think its 1972

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:00 am

I think she meant the photo at the bottom, which was not Vegas in '72...

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:36 pm

Melanie wrote:IMHO it doesn't reveal gun craziness. How do you define that anyway? Is it a bad thing or not?

if someone has an armory, that could suit a complete museum and even conceals some in his boots, i call him gun-crazy.
if someone collects every little snippet of elvis related material, i call him elvis-crazy.
is it a good or a bad thing?
can´t answer that question.
every coin has a reverse/flip side (as we say in german - hope, it does make sense for the non-germans!).
i´d say, if no one gets hurt or has to suffer, i can´t see how it coud be bad.