Post here your Elvis' pictures

nice candit 1956

Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:33 am

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:30 pm

Rehearsing/warming-up/having fun with the Jordanaires by the look of it.

Bripet56 should be able to give us an exact date on this one.

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:39 pm

It was used, in slightly more detail,

for the cover of the talking only

CD Let's Take It On Home Vol.2.

8)

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:01 pm

Florida.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:10 am

There are a handfull of different images from this date. They were sold back in the 1980´s as being from Louisiana Hayride but I honestly don't know.

The shirt is one we see for the first time at the end of May 1956 and Elvis had stopped playing the Hayride at that time.

He is seen with the Jordanaires and they didn't start playing live with Elvis until May 1956.

I doubt if it's from Florida in August. We have seen so many photos from those 10 days (thanks Ger) and I believe we would have seen others in those clothes.

My guess is that they are from the summer of 1956, however, I can't say if it's May, June or July. BUt I think it's from this period.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:02 am

Looks to be circa July-August 1956. It might be from Memphis in late July -- he wore that shirt while Lloyd Shearer followed him around town to snap pics for an article in the September 30, 1956 issue of "Parade" magazine.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:01 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote: -- he wore that shirt while Lloyd Shearer followed him around town to snap pics for an article in the September 30, 1956 issue of "Parade" magazine.

Do we know if that Lloyd Shearer photo session (shown in full in Ger's book 'Memphis Lonesome') is from mid August before filming for 'Love Me Tender' began? Or was it after Elvis returned to Memphis towards the end of September?

Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:51 am

The Purple Gang wrote:Do we know if that Lloyd Shearer photo session (shown in full in Ger's book 'Memphis Lonesome') is from mid August before filming for 'Love Me Tender' began? Or was it after Elvis returned to Memphis towards the end of September?

As I wrote, they were probably taken in late July 1956.