Post here your Elvis' pictures

McDowell Painting

Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:25 pm

This from singer Ronnie McDowell, who seems to have more talent,
than just in the music world!!!

He really captured the "early days" of tourning, with a gas stop somewhere in "da south" on the way to yet another gig!!

Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:34 pm

I find it odd that Elvis, Scotty, Bill, and D.J. look as they did in the 50's era, but the Jordainares look as they do today.

Shouldn't they also appear as they we're then? 2 of the 4 didn't even sing with Elvis.

RKS

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:23 am

O.K

I didn't say it was illegal or wrong. Just that it was odd to see. It just jumped out at me as being "odd".

Don't be so serious. :) :wink:

RKS

Re: McDowell Painting

Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:51 pm

Elton wrote:This from singer Ronnie McDowell, who seems to have more talent,
than just in the music world!!!

He really captured the "early days" of tourning, with a gas stop somewhere in "da south" on the way to yet another gig!!

I bought a copy of this in memphis back in 02.Roddy signed it for me along with DJ,Scotty and San Kesler who wrote Im Left Youre Right She's Gone.They were at one of the shops across from Graceland.Stan was just standing in the background.I guess he's friends with DJ and Scotty.I just happened to recoginize him and asked him to sign it too.He couldnt believe I recoginized him and wanted his autograph.When I was leaving the place some woman came running after me in the parking lot.It was his granddaughter.She thanked me for asking for his signature and speaking to him.She said he lived near there but he hardly ever goes out.It made him feel good to get noticed she said.She said I wouldnt believe the memorbilia stashed at his house.I guess he had become somewhat withdrawn and the family gets on him to get out more.He was a super nice guy as was his granddaughter.
Jak

Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:24 pm

Stan from Tintane wrote:here is another from him

he certainly has a talent for art

the guy on bass doesn´t look like bill black to me ...
can someone re-up both images on imageshack, please?
i´m sure, many would like to see `em bigger, as they are impressed of mcdowells talent.

@jak: i always follow your posts and appreciate your stories and experiences very much. that is a beautiful story, too.
could you please post a current pic of ronnie (if you posess one)? he must be at least in his fifties now ...

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:19 pm

Christopher wrote:
Stan from Tintane wrote:here is another from him

he certainly has a talent for art

the guy on bass doesn´t look like bill black to me ...
can someone re-up both images on imageshack, please?
i´m sure, many would like to see `em bigger, as they are impressed of mcdowells talent.

@jak: i always follow your posts and appreciate your stories and experiences very much. that is a beautiful story, too.
could you please post a current pic of ronnie (if you posess one)? he must be at least in his fifties now ...

Christopher
I dont have any recent photos of Ronnie.Im sure there are some on the web.He probably has a site.
Jak

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:40 pm

Christopher wrote:could you please post a current pic of ronnie (if you posess one)? he must be at least in his fifties now ...

Here's one from the last time I saw Ronnie, in 2004. Scotty sells those prints through his website autographed by Ronnie, himself and DJ but they're out of stock at the moment. Its a cool painting except that DJ realistically would not have been with them when they were using Bobbie's Chevy and they never tied the bass to the roof (nitpicking, yes I know). More pix from that show here http://www.pbase.com/jroy/legends04

Stan is a nice guy. He was recently at Scotty's 75th birthday party last December. This pic is from the party and athat's Kenny Lovelace, Jerry Lee's guitarist on the left.

Jim