Post here your Elvis' pictures

Graceland in 2005

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:54 am

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:37 pm

I visited Graceland in 2005, so those pics are very like the ones I have.

I couldn't seem to get a decent shot of the Jungle Room though. Maybe it's my camera..

K.

Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:13 am

VERY NICE PICS
Someone has photos of the jumpsuits exposed in trophy room ?
Christian M

Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:31 am

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:27 am

Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:04 pm

Fabulous pics! Thanks for sharing them all. Always nice to see. Carolyn, I've never taken an "acceptable" shot of the Jungle Room; then again, I have never used a top-end camera. My exterior shots are also fine, but the interior shots stink. So, instead of my camera letting me down, I think it's more appropriate to say that I let my camera down!

Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:44 pm

Incredible pics, thanks for sharing!

Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:28 am

I am certainly no photography expert, but I think lighting is the biggest problem. The mansion colors are mostly quite dark, which, when coupled with the lack of natural light, makes for tough pics. And, God forbid, we use a flash!

"A flash is like a tiny burst of sunlight, and over time these thousands of bursts of sunlight break down the delicate fabric of the irreplaceable...." blah blah blah. :lol: I have a zillion lousy, dark, shaky shots of the interior, yet I keep on snappin' 'em!

In the end, I do what I always do--enjoy the tour, take (mostly) crappy pics to show I was there, and hope like heck someone else has some good ones...

Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:33 am

GREAT THANKS TO SHARE !!!!
Christian

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:05 am

There is no conspiracy here.

KHoots wrote:"A flash is like a tiny burst of sunlight, and over time these thousands of bursts of sunlight break down the delicate fabric of the irreplaceable...." blah blah blah. :lol: I have a zillion lousy, dark, shaky shots of the interior, yet I keep on snappin' 'em!

The carbon dioxide emissions from people's respired breath also damages the paint/wallpaper over time.

The rule about "no flash photography" is in place to cut out a major source of damage.

The reason that inside shots suck for most people is that there simply isn't enough light entering the lens. You need a pretty good camera and a good grasp of optics to get good pictures.

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:20 pm

Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:10 pm

Here are some good ones from jungle room.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:14 pm

Is it a common thing for Graceland that all pictures get blurry especially in Jungle Room. :D