Post here your Elvis' pictures

Cleveland Ohio Nov 23 1956

Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:02 am

Hi
Got a folder for a new book from a friend today and it features some real nice 1956 photos taken in Cleveland Ohio November 23, 1956-
Here they are for all to enjoy

How cool is this next shot!

Greybeard

Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:08 am

Stunning pics Greybeard, especially the "cool shot." Nobody was sharper or cooler then EP, especially in the fifties!

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:46 am

Those sure are great pix Greybeard.

It's a shame the book is going to be so expensive. Would love to see what other Elvis photos are included in the book
Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:50 pm

..and there's "Nick Adams" trailin' behind him in the KOOL treachcoat pic,
MMMn wonder if lil nick was Charlie Hodge of the fiftys?
sum good ones here Greybeard!

Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:47 pm

Elton wrote:..and there's "Nick Adams" trailin' behind him in the KOOL treachcoat pic,
MMMn wonder if lil nick was Charlie Hodge of the fiftys?
sum good ones here Greybeard!

I wonder if Elvis was aware of Nick's sexual persuasion............

Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:54 pm

Anybody else notice the ring ( see the pix with the two highclass chicks ) Elvis is wearing. Anyways, it is safe to say Little Elvis had some fun too that night. LOL

Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:17 pm

Rockabilly, if you're referring to the one on Elvis' right hand (the one on the left in the photo) then it's just because he often turned the ring around 180 degrees so the "face" of the ring was inside the palm of his hand so to speak.

Sincerly
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:46 am

bripet56 wrote:It's a shame the book is going to be so expensive ...

What book is this? Greybeard did not mention either a title or a cost.

Elton wrote:wonder if lil nick was Charlie Hodge of the fiftys?

I don't -- Charlie Hodge was the "Charlie Hodge of the fifties," he met Elvis in September 1958.

As for Nick Adams, he was a successful actor in Hollywood before he met Elvis, with roles in both "Rebel Without A Cause" (1955) and "Giant" (1956) -- James Dean's final two films. And if Nick fooled around with the same sex, it wasn't during the time he knew Elvis.

Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:41 pm

[quote]I don't -- Charlie Hodge was the "Charlie Hodge of the fifties," he met Elvis in September 1958.

Well i supose i should have said "Early Fiftys" as thats what i meant!

as far as Nick goes,I had never heard anything about his sexual side of life, till AFTER Elvis passed..
He aslo had a successful t.V. show as "Johnny Uma" in "The Rebel"

Happy Holidays to ya Doc!!

Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:49 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
bripet56 wrote:It's a shame the book is going to be so expensive ...

What book is this? Greybeard did not mention either a title or a cost.

Elvis & the Birth of Rock

http://www.genesis-publications.com/books/elvis_allen/index.html

Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:42 pm

Elton wrote:Well i supose i should have said "Early Fiftys" as thats what i meant!

Elvis met Nick Adams in Hollywood in August 1956 -- that's not the "early fifties." 1951-53 is "early," 1954-56 is "mid" and 1957-59 is "late."

Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:57 pm

The Purple Gang wrote:Elvis & the Birth of Rock

Thanks, TPG.

This UK book is being sold at £250 (collector) / £395 (deluxe)!

It's a limited edition of 1750 total copies.

Only 27 of the 78 photos are of Elvis.

It's a nice package, but the site PR is a bit much (bold is mine):

"Elvis & the Birth of Rock shows Elvis as he has never been seen before: on the telephone to a fan backstage; surrounded by beautiful women at a press conference; laughing with Bill Black on stage and performing the typical Elvis pouts, moves and shakes that made him worshipped and reviled in equal measure."

Um, "as he has never been seen before"?

Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:31 pm

Elvis met Nick Adams in Hollywood in August 1956 -- that's not the "early fifties." 1951-53 is "early," 1954-56 is "mid" and 1957-59 is "late."

I stand corrected by Da Doc, once again!! :shock:

Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:46 pm

Elton wrote:I stand corrected by Da Doc ...

I prefer the term "enlightened." Have a happy new year.

Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:30 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
The Purple Gang wrote:Elvis & the Birth of Rock

Thanks, TPG.

This UK book is being sold at £250 (collector) / £395 (deluxe)!

It's a limited edition of 1750 total copies.

Only 27 of the 78 photos are of Elvis.

Both versions are very expensive and it's hard to imagine they will shift them very quickly. Some of the Genesis books have almost been good value such as Ringo Starr's 'Postcards From the Boys'.

They produced a mass market hardback of the Ringo book not long after its first publication so the same might still happen with 'Elvis & the Birth of Rock'.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:14 pm

The March 2007 issue of MOJO magazine has an interview with & article about Lew Allen and his new book. There's 5 photos of Elvis in the mag and 3 photos of other rock 'n' roll performers.

This issue is a 'Sgt. Pepper Anniversary Special'.