Post here your Elvis' pictures

Oakland, June 3, 1956

Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:18 am

These are a couple of the pix I've uploaded on my website under June 1956.

I've also made a new May 1956 site which has a review from the show in Des Moines on May 22.

I've also uploaded a site for the shows Elvis did in 1970. Only the ones from on tour. I'll be working some more on these sites during the holiday-season and some of the pix will be clickable to web-pages about that specific date.

Hope you all like it.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am

Thanks for the pics Brian, can't see the review however, it doesn't seem to be coming on.

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:33 am

That's fantastic, Brian! It's great to see your site being updated.

If you don't have any, I can send you a few pictures you're missing
from the "Elvis On Tour 1970" section.

Just holler. :wink:

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:59 am

Joe Car, you did click on the word "Review" on May 22, didn't you?? It should work. I've tested on other PC´s and it worked fine. Others having problem getting the review?

J, you're most welcome to send me some pix from my "missing" 1970s shows. I do have quite a number but I want to be 100% sure the photos are really from said shows before I post them on my website.

I've done quite an extensive research and the pix posted should be from said shows. I know that other websites probably won't agree with me on the Houston photos but the four pix I've posted are from the shows mentioned.

During the Sep and Nov 1970 tour Elvis used the chain suit along with the brownish belt and red scarf a number of times and that goes for the fringe suit with red belt and scarf as well. So it can often be difficult to tell which photo is from which show.

Sincerely
Brian

Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:39 pm

I just put them pictures in here that I was talking about, so that I don't have
to start messing around with PM's, if that's ok.

First of all, I have to say that by no means I am saying that all this information
is correct. If anyone has anything to correct, or add, please do so. 8)

I'll just cocentrate on the September tour "missing pictures" on this post...

But... as far as I know, you have at least one mistake in there. I believe the picture you have
on September 11th, is actually from September 12th evening show. I remember reading from
somewhere that the pictures from Miami are easy to spot because of the curtain behind the stage.

The pictures from the Detroit show were quite hard to find, but I think the ones, where the lowest
chain has opened very early on the show (the scarf is still inside the suit) are from that show... I can't fit
them anywhere else, so I thought they must be from this show.
Image Image

I believe the only time during this tour when he wore the "Chain Suit" with red macramé belt, was on
the 10th, and the only picture I've seen from that day is on the candid central, and it was taken after
the show... do you have any more? Can you tell me what belt is Elvis wearing on the picture you have up?

On Sept. 13th afternoon show Elvis wore the "Chain Suit" with brown macramé belt... I actually not 100%
sure if the pictures (below, the first two) are from this show... The only reason why I'd put them on this day
is the iron thingy, or whatever you can see on some of the pictures behind Elvis (2nd & 5th pic). You can see
it on both shows, so I just assume that the pictures are from the same date. On the evening show Elvis
wore the "Metal Eye Suit" with red scarf and red macramé belt.
So here are a few pictures from those shows;
Image Image Image Image Image

EDIT: I had no problems with the review.

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:16 pm

Hi Brian,

With Firefox, the background of your 70´s page is white, so the white text cannot be seen at all. Or is it just me? With IE everything is ok.

Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:57 am

Hi The Fool!
I think I spotted the mistake. Please try again with Firefox. I hope it is ok now.

J, I'll get back to you about the September 1970 pix. I'll check into the matters you described first.
And thanx a load for the pix.

Sincerely
Brian

Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:58 am

Now it's working fine, thanks Brian!

Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:16 am

Joe, I guess you were using Firefox as well, am I right??
I had to do the same adjustment to the 1956 review as I did to the 1970's page for The Fool.

Glad it all worked out fine. Let me know if there are other pages troubling you and I'll fix it right away.

Sincerely
Brian

Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:04 pm

The Oakland photo page is terrific, your site keeps getting better and better! Keep up the wonderful work!!

Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:32 pm

bripet56 wrote:Joe, I guess you were using Firefox as well, am I right??
I had to do the same adjustment to the 1956 review as I did to the 1970's page for The Fool.

Glad it all worked out fine. Let me know if there are other pages troubling you and I'll fix it right away.

Sincerely
Brian

Sorry, I didn't see this post until now Brian. Yes I do use firefox, thanks again!