Post here your Elvis' pictures

Rare 50's

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:05 pm

Found these over at tcb-world..

Note the different guitars in the first two..
any clues about the dates?

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:43 pm

# 1, September 2, 1955. Elvis and his Blue Moon Boys were late for the show due to an accident with Elvis' 1955 pink & black Cadillac. They didn't have time to change into their stage-clothes so they just ran on stage and played in the clothes they had driven in.

# 2, March 10, 1956 at the Louisiana Hayride.

# 3, November 18, 1955 in Longview, Tx.

# 4, August 8, 1955 in Tyler, Tx.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:39 pm

bripet56 wrote:# 1, September 2, 1955. Elvis and his Blue Moon Boys were late for the show due to an accident with Elvis' 1955 pink & black Cadillac. They didn't have time to change into their stage-clothes so they just ran on stage and played in the clothes they had driven in.

Fascinating! Thanks to both of you.

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:03 pm

Thank ELTON for the pictures....very interesting the 1st one, never saw elvis with that kind of shirt...and performing ....thank BRIPET56 for the information,new to me
thanks
Lior :wink:

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:55 am

Thanks a million, Brian :lol:!

Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:51 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:
bripet56 wrote:# 1, September 2, 1955. Elvis and his Blue Moon Boys were late for the show due to an accident with Elvis' 1955 pink & black Cadillac. They didn't have time to change into their stage-clothes so they just ran on stage and played in the clothes they had driven in.

Fascinating! Thanks to both of you.

I agree 100%, great job fellas!

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:26 am

Not a bad set of "everyday clothes," either.

But then back in the '50s up to about the '70s, most Americans regardless of class felt the need to dress with some class when they went out in public.

Some of this was just that "oppressive conformity" we hear about in the '50s, but on the other hand, take a look at how adult Americans dress these days. I say this a "patriotic American" :lol: but the "jeans or shorts/ sneakers/ t-shirt" can be found in nearly every facet of every-day life now...to the office, to church, funerals, and probably weddings...

We're not looking too sharp, to say nothing of our growing girth...Old movies from the '30-early-to mid '60's show a class that existed on an everyday level. I even think a lot of this lasted into the '70s and even '80s. Only in the last ten years has it gotten out of control as the baby boomers ("let it all hang out") have come into power.

Even an old shot of folks in the ghetto, say in the '50s, show people dressed up rather snazilly on a daily basis. Today, you get that "conforming non-conformity" of ill-fitting hip hop wear...

Sidebar rant over... :oops: :lol: So, yes, Elvis looked pretty sharp in such a pinch... :D

Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:25 am

Greg ... you grumpy old man, you! :lol:

No: I agree. I'm a student myself, but I don't much care for the student look. Oh, sure, it's fun to adopt aspects of it, but I personally tired of seeing baggy trousers and faded jeans, garish belts that hang off the waistline, cheap shoes and obnoxious T-shirts with loud squiggles and logos from the moment they appeared. That stuff just don't float my boat. I'm always a little more refined and subversive in my dress. Heck, I'm looking for an Elvis-style neckerchief at the moment! I guess I'm a Bohemian boy. 8)

And what's with the fat? People are just so damn chubby these days. Even the very young. Youth is about slimness and sexiness to me; not porky faces, saggy bellies and lethargic approaches to health and life (reckless, sure; lethargic, no). If you're gonna screw your body up, do it in style -- don't just sit on your rear-end drinking five cans of cider with your housemates. Lame.

OK ... rant over. :lol:

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:15 pm

Cryogenic wrote:....tired of seeing baggy trousers and faded jeans, garish belts that hang off the waistline, cheap shoes and obnoxious T-shirts with loud squiggles...

You been going thru my wardrobe again ?

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:43 pm

Thanks Brian, for the info. Here are 3 more jewels.

Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:02 pm

Yeah Elton. those are three great pix. I bought copies of those not too long ago and they are magnificent.

However, I haven't been able to date them. But someday I will :lol:

Sincerely
Brian

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:37 am

Those last 3 look like from one of the later 1957 tours. By process of elimination it may be easy to date them since there were not that many shows then.

Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:28 am

Yeah I know Ekenee. I was thinking along the same line. The jacket is most likely the same blue one he used on the last tour and that would mean that the pix were from Hawaii.

Sincerely
Brian

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:46 pm

Yes the Hawaii date is what I've heard as well Brian,
and again thanks for sendin' me LMT photo..