Post here your Elvis' pictures

More rare pics from Photoplay magazine

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:33 pm

Here are some more rare pictures from my photoplay magazine collection. These were unfamilair to me.

Hope you like them.

More to come.

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:34 pm

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:40 pm

Always great to see "new" pictures, never seen theese before. Thanks for posting :D

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:51 pm

Great pictures,thanks for posting them!!! I have never seen them before.

Are these photos all original? I mean,gossip magazines sometimes fake pictures.

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:17 am

Photoplay magazine was a step above your average gossip magazine.
And there wasn't as much faking photo's then as there is now.
My guess is they are real as they are pictured.
They also printed many more photo's that are known to be real, but I choose these because they are not well circulated.

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:45 am

Thanks I appreciate it :D

Fantastic pictures

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:23 am

thank you
great pictures
lior :wink:

Re: More rare pics from Photoplay magazine

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:32 pm

That very first shot is used to great effect in RCA France's beautiful "Elvis' Chante (sings) Mort Shuman & Doc Pomus" set, as part of the inner fold-out.

Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:13 pm

WOW!

That first one is ULTRA COOL. 8)

What is this "Photoplay" magazine? Is it in print at the moment?

Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:29 am

Cyro', it's been defunct as I recall for a good 25 years.

The conglomerate that published it and other celebrity-oriented tabloids may still be around using other names...

Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:41 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Cyro', it's been defunct as I recall for a good 25 years.

The conglomerate that published it and other celebrity-oriented tabloids may still be around using other names...

Thanks, Greg.

I actually decided to do a little research in the interim and realised we're talking vintage here. I may have to try and get a copy after Christmas. Have to see how the ol' bank balance is holding up. The scales usually aren't holding anything up at all. :? :lol:

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:25 am

Cryogenic, these pics came from my collection of Photoplay. The top 3 pics came from issues from 1961-62 or 63. The articles are interesting too!. Actually there were other tabloid type magazines at the time that included rare photo's as well. You find them on ebay alot.

Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:09 am

Great photos! Does anyone know where/when the second pic is from (Elvis with the shirt open)... the background looks so strange, a movie set?

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:10 pm

Cryogenic wrote:
Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Cyro', it's been defunct as I recall for a good 25 years.

Thanks, Greg.

I actually decided to do a little research in the interim and realised we're talking vintage here. I may have to try and get a copy after Christmas. Have to see how the ol' bank balance is holding up. The scales usually aren't holding anything up at all. :? :lol:

look around at your local swap meet/flea markets, Cryogenic, I have found Photoplay and others like it, for as little as 50 cents .
Of course the rarier ones and the all Elvis issues may go for a little more.