Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Is this from a Gospel Convention in memphis 1975

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:23 am

stayawayjoe wrote:I was thinking that these photos are shot at a gospel convention in memphis the Ellis Auditorium a week after after the memphis concert 1975.

These were taken in late 1972, in California or Tennessee.

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:56 pm

The back of my photo says " 1972 National (Gospel) Quartet Convention - Nashville, Tennessee"

I thought I had the date somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

re

Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:27 am

you re probably right bripet

i read somewhere on a gospel forum that elvis requested sherrill nielsen to sing "the impossible dream" for the convention 8)

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:05 am

Hav-A-Tampa wrote:My guess as to when the photos were taken is September-October ´72, well any time really between Vegas and the November tour.

Late July/early August doesn't really seem possible, wouldn't EP be in Vegas then - opening show was August 4, IIRC. And he was still a bit heavy on the Nov. tour, before he started losing weight for Aloha...

Hey Tampa.........I had that EXACT Ford Mustang from your avatar years ago.

'68 fastback.........sweet car. Also had a '64, '66 fastback, '66 convertible, and '67 coupe.

Now.............I have kids instead. Man I miss my cars :lol:

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:24 am

Scatter wrote:
Hav-A-Tampa wrote:My guess as to when the photos were taken is September-October ´72, well any time really between Vegas and the November tour.

Late July/early August doesn't really seem possible, wouldn't EP be in Vegas then - opening show was August 4, IIRC. And he was still a bit heavy on the Nov. tour, before he started losing weight for Aloha...

Hey Tampa.........I had that EXACT Ford Mustang from your avatar years ago.

'68 fastback.........sweet car. Also had a '64, '66 fastback, '66 convertible, and '67 coupe.

Now.............I have kids instead. Man I miss my cars :lol:

God, were those beautiful cars or what! The things we sacrifice for our kids, if they only knew.

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:51 am

Yeah, that is a beautiful car... and the avatar picture is from a great movie (Bullit)!

Scatter, you never should have sold it!