Post here your Elvis' pictures

September 1970

Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:34 pm

Does anyone know the date/place for this picture?
All I know is that it's from the September tour...

Image Image

Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:48 pm

Hi,

Maybe it's Sept 11th 1970 in Detroit. He wore that suit / belt combo there. If Fransescs site, Elvis In Concert is right, he also wore that suit / belt the following night in Miami the following night.

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c700911.htm

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c700912.htm

Hope that helps! By the way, the 2 pics you posted are taken moments apart, but are definitely 2 different pics.

Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:12 pm

I dunno about moments apart, at the most it is a single moment if not the exact same moment. I was trying to suss out why it didn't look right, I thought it was a cropped versiojn of the other, but now i realise that someone above the height of the other seems to have snapped the exact same moment.

Okay, i know, maybe a few thousandths of a second do seperate them. :lol:

Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:48 pm

I didn't even realize that they were two "different" pictures... I just though they
were cropped differently. :lol:

Elvis actually wore that suit/belt combination three times during this tour, but I
too, have been thinking about that they might be from Detroit. I was just hoping
that someone might have either one of the pics in some book or something
with a date.

But let's say that it's from Detroit. :wink:

Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:05 pm

You can see more of the bald guy in the brown jacket in the second photo, and elvis' left hand is slighly more forward in the second photo. Split seconds apart, but different nontheless.

He looked in fantastic shape, didn't he?

Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:56 pm

Darryl, the reason you can see more of the other guy is because the other person taking the photo was above the other looking over Elvis and also slightly to one side thus giving the impression Elvis' hand has moved but its just a perspective difference.

Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:34 pm

Steve, you may well be right. Great pics either way.

Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:12 pm

DarrylMac wrote:You can see more of the bald guy in the brown jacket in the second photo, and elvis' left hand is slighly more forward in the second photo. Split seconds apart, but different nontheless.

He looked in fantastic shape, didn't he?

He sure did! Thanks for the awesome pics J!