Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:00 am

From: http://starbulletin.com/2004/08/13/features/story7.html

Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:05 am

Astrodome '74.

Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:20 am

Thanks!

What's the deal with the partitions?

Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:27 am

That was a very different set-up for a concert. The only guess I have on the partitions, specifically, though is that it was an unusually shallow stage, putting other people on stage right on top of the drums. Without a partition, all they'd have heard would have been the drums beating and cymbals crashing around their ears.

We all know about Elvis going out without an orchestra at the Astrodome, but truth is, though, I'm not sure why the stage couldn't have been a little deeper than it was so that everyone wouldn't be quite so crowded up there.
Last edited by elvissessions on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:48 am

Did anyone notice, Ronnie's bassdrums did not have mics?
What is this for god sake? Ronnie Tutt unplugged?

The cage is to prevent his regular mics picking up echoes from the building. Thats the main reason for feedback issues during concerts..

Cheers, RJ

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:52 pm

Robert wrote:The cage is to prevent his regular mics picking up echoes from the building. Thats the main reason for feedback issues during concerts.

That sounds plausible until I start to wonder why we don't see these partitions in photos from many more indoor concerts. What's up with that?

Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:32 pm

I thought those were "wind screens" as the Astrodome doesn't have a roof.

Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:42 pm

stefan kock wrote:I thought those were "wind screens" as the Astrodome doesn't have a roof.

You're kidding, right?

Maybe not.

The Astrodome is a domed arena -- the first of its kind, in fact.

It definitely has a roof. That's kind of the whole point.

(If this response sounds unnecessarily dickish, I apologize, but the building is rather famous for its "domedness." It seems rather hard to miss.)

Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:56 pm

elvissessions.com wrote:
stefan kock wrote:I thought those were "wind screens" as the Astrodome doesn't have a roof.

You're kidding, right?

Maybe not.

The Astrodome is a domed arena -- the first of its kind, in fact.

It definitely has a roof. That's kind of the whole point.

(If this response sounds unnecessarily dickish, I apologize, but the building is rather famous for its "domedness." It seems rather hard to miss.)

No hard feelings and point taken, but I'm in noway familliar with The Dome and I always thought it was an 'open air" kinda thing.

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:02 pm

Wasn`t it also the place where people had shelter when the disaster hit New orleans :?:

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:22 pm

You may be thinking of the Superdome in New Orleans, although I believe some people did take shelter at the Astrodome. Ironically, the Astrodome would fit inside the Superdome.

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:02 pm

I just remember thinking of Elvis when they mentioned the Houston astrodome in the news, but I could have heard wrong.

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:08 pm

I just found this:
http://www.homelandstupidity.us/2005/08 ... astrodome/