Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:38 am

Anyone know when this was taken???

Image

Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:10 pm

Just based on Elvis' general appearance, I'd hazard a guess at Sep / Oct 1970, but it's purely a guess.

He's fairly slim and his hair is right between the length is was in Aug, and the much longer length of Dec / Jan.

He also looks like he's wearing that black belt with the gold eagle / presidential type buckle he wore at Sonny West's wedding in 1970.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:17 am

I once read an article where this photo was printed and it said New Years eve 1971

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:48 pm

Man I just saw the date printed somewhere. I think it's from Vegas 1971?

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:55 pm

I always thought this was early '71, but cannot be certain.

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:46 pm

Judging from Priscilla's hair which was straight in early March 1971 but more curly in April 1971 my guess would be Lake Tahoe in July 1971.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:25 pm

Me wrote:Anyone know when this was taken???

Image



This has absolutely nothing to do with dating this photo, but Elvis sure did like clothing with strings on jackets and pants. The earliest photos I can recall, there are some photos taken of him at The Memphian in the 60's with pants that laced in the front, almost looking like pants worn for playing football, but when he returned to Vegas, he lots of of clothing with strings and such......

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:16 pm

nickcat wrote:
Me wrote:Anyone know when this was taken???

Image



This has absolutely nothing to do with dating this photo, but Elvis sure did like clothing with strings on jackets and pants. The earliest photos I can recall, there are some photos taken of him at The Memphian in the 60's with pants that laced in the front, almost looking like pants worn for playing football, but when he returned to Vegas, he lots of of clothing with strings and such......


I believe this was the style in the mid-to-late sixties, well into the seventies.

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:36 pm

Joe Car wrote:
nickcat wrote:
Me wrote:Anyone know when this was taken???

Image



This has absolutely nothing to do with dating this photo, but Elvis sure did like clothing with strings on jackets and pants. The earliest photos I can recall, there are some photos taken of him at The Memphian in the 60's with pants that laced in the front, almost looking like pants worn for playing football, but when he returned to Vegas, he lots of of clothing with strings and such......


I believe this was the style in the mid-to-late sixties, well into the seventies.


You are correct. I am only pointing out that this was something that he obviously liked. When you consider the clothes with all of the strings, its not a far-gone conclusion to realize the karate belts that he wore his first few engagements in Vegas (which I happen to prefer over the belts.)

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:35 am

It is so hard to believe this was only 5-6 yrs before the pics we see in Lakeland in Sept '76! The deterioration is just unbelievable and so sad!

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:15 pm

maybe from the self day :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:14 pm

He looked really cool in that pic. never seen it, thanks for sharing!

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:25 pm

Ito Eats wrote:maybe from the self day :?:

He has a different belt -- or none at all -- in the May 1971 backstage photo from Caesar's Palace.

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:39 pm

Ito Eats wrote:maybe from the self day :?:


No, not from the same date.
We've had a discussion about these photos before but we never found a date on the one with Priscilla.

In the one with priscilla Elvis wears a belt and there is no rings on his right hand.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:53 pm

The photo is in Joe Espositos book ,Good rocking tonight He says its from the International Hotel,doesn't mention a year.He goes onto say that it is his favorite picture of Elvis & Priscilla because they looked so great together.

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:07 am

jacob wrote:The photo is in Joe Espositos book ,Good rocking tonight He says its from the International Hotel,doesn't mention a year.He goes onto say that it is his favorite picture of Elvis & Priscilla because they looked so great together.


It is definitely 1971 in my opinion.

Could be from the same time (but not same date) as the one with Tom Jones but if from one of his engagements I'd lean more towards Aug/Sep 71 than on Jan/Feb 1971.

Or maybe Lake Tahoe July 1971.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:07 am

If I recall correctly, I think they were going to watch the Ali/Fraizer fight. Close circuit in Memphis....I think.

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:53 am

No he was heavier and wearing a different shirt that day. I still wonder where I saw this recently. Other then Good Rockin Tonight what books has this been in?

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:44 pm

gigitmd wrote:If I recall correctly, I think they were going to watch the Ali/Fraizer fight. Close circuit in Memphis....I think.


Both Elvis and Priscilla wore totally different clothes that day and as I mentioned above Priscilla didn't have the more curlier hair in March 1971.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:03 pm

This is stunning. I'd say definately '71. Also, does anybody have any pictures of Elvis and Priscilla on the day they went to see the Ali fight?

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:45 pm

I found another one of that day, looks to me that Priscilla is walking somewhere "backstage" by herself so it might be at on of Elvis shows !?

Would also love to see pictures from the boxing fight in 1971.


Booohhhh its says i cant upload it bmp is not allowed :(

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:52 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Ito Eats wrote:maybe from the self day :?:

He has a different belt -- or none at all -- in the May 1971 backstage photo from Caesar's Palace.


It could well be that he just removed that heavy belt or its hidden?
I checked out Priscilla┬┤s hair style and at Easter which was April she had curly hair like on that picture.

I think the picture was taken at the Tom Jones show at Ceaser Palace in May 1971.
Which also makes sence as the Presleys were celebrating Easter in LA so the were "around" to visit LV.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:07 pm

Better size
Image

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:56 am

71....??

+1
!!! :D
Ed

Re: Elvis and Priscilla pic. A date?

Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:04 pm

yep i would say Tom Jones show at Caeser Palace in LV May 1971 :smt035