Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis in Memphis, September '74!

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:08 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELVIS-PHOTO-Outside ... dZViewItem
What an awesome candid this is! The image is courtesy of . . . . .

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:28 pm

Outside the Memphian ?

The outfit looks like he was leaving after a days filming of the karate film.

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:57 pm

Steve_M, with all due respect, look at Presley' attire. Not once during the two days that I know filming was done (9th and 16th) did he have a red shirt on (he indeed is wearing a red shirt w/ collar) and that karate emblem! Without big noting myself, I'm forever looking at the big picture, endeavouring to correctly date/ place an image. For all I know, this image may not even be what is says! I'm just uploading for all to see!
It would be good if it was Presley coming home after filming :lol:!

elvis in memphis

Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:42 pm

... kool haircut!

When did he start having that "eaten by rats" Beatles haircut?

On some of them later photos [ fall/ winter of 75?] he looked like

a sausage with a wig... okay, Im overdoing it... but he really

looked bad, then.

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:53 pm

Cool shot Funkeyangel...always cool to see new pictures, especially ones from Sept.of 1974...

His hairstyle and sideburns look great here, the burns are kept short, and the hair wasn't too long...

Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:48 am

It is so friggin amazing that almost 30 years after his death, that new pictures to this day can show up. Makes you wonder how many more there are, as much as the stars in the sky........ 8)

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:24 pm

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:It is so friggin amazing that almost 30 years after his death, that new pictures to this day can show up. Makes you wonder how many more there are........

There is a never-ending supply of pics we haven't seen yet, many of which are buried in shor boxes, crates, and who knows where else. The fun is in the waiting for the discovery...

Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:35 pm

Elvis was once in the record book as the most photographed man in the world. I'm not sure if he still holds that title or not.

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:08 am

Rob wrote:Elvis was once in the record book as the most photographed man in the world. I'm not sure if he still holds that title or not.

It's tough to say. There were so many pics taken of him, especially from fans only.

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:19 pm

Doubtful he does, despite publicly unseen images that keep popping up.

The method of photography was so different back then. A small atomic explosion that went off as an excuse for a flashbulb and the sheer cost of film as well as its development meant that photographers, both amateur and professional, weren't so finger happy to press the button as todays digital photgraphers are and also their motor wind on predecessors.

However, despite this, there is seldom a man who comes along who could take the crown of most photographed man. whilst Elvis was outdone in his lifetime by the Queen and then by Princess Di, i can't think of another man who could qualify. I suppose due in part to the length of his reign that Pope John Paul II might have managed it. I still doubt it though.

A Rolling Stone ? Could it be that Mr Jagger has more cameras going off more often at soe of their shows than Elvis ? Much much bigger crowds that they play to.....

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:39 pm

Steve_M wrote:However, despite this, there is seldom a man who comes along who could take the crown of most photographed man. whilst Elvis was outdone in his lifetime by the Queen and then by Princess Di, i can't think of another man who could qualify. I suppose due in part to the length of his reign that Pope John Paul II might have managed it. I still doubt it though.

Is there something you're not telling us Steve?

...edited to include the rest of the sentence....
Last edited by Larry Dickman on Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:58 pm

Yes, there's plenty I'm not telling you in the part quote of me you made, but it is all there in the original post of mine, especially the end of the sentence.

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:03 pm

Mick Jagger????
He's not a man. :wink:

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:06 pm

The end of the sentence you quoted, not the end of my original post.

Though I didn't know you had personal knowledge that comprehensive to be able to confirm that Mr Jagger is not a man. Thank you for your input.

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:11 pm

My original post edited, for your viewing pleasure.......