Post here your Elvis' pictures

A very cool, late 60's candid!

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:16 am

Anyone have any alternate's . . .

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:17 am

Nope sorry Funkeyangel, sure don't....That's a very cool pictire though!!

8)

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:28 am

The only known (by me) photo that showed those glasses! Looks like he knocked them off from Grandma (Dodger)!

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:32 am

It's from late June 1968.

The same glasses -- much cooler than the cliched "EP" ones he wore 1970-77 -- may be seen in the photo under the plastic tray of the new FTD - Let Yourself Go. That same awesome June 23, 1968 image from Western Recorders in Hollywood was previously used for the cover of "Sessions" by JAT (1993), and, IIRC, is also in "Sessions II" -- or "Sessions III."

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:21 am

It *was* a little tacky of Elvis to have his initials put on the frame of slightly questionable sunglasses, wasn't it? The 70's was a crazy decade, though -- for EP and everyone else -- fashion-wise. But this is still a cool pic:

Re: A very cool, late 60's candid!

Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:39 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Anyone have any alternate's . . .

To me the late 60's remind of the fifties in that he never took a bad pic and everyone I've seen is cool! Thanks for the awesome pic funkman!

a very cool - late 60s pic

Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:21 pm

a great picture from 1968 .-

this is quite rare to see Elvis with these glasses on besides the authentic 70s glasses that he wore in 1970-77.

great pic .

many thanx for sharing this with us fans . :wink:

Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:54 pm

Cryogenic wrote:It *was* a little tacky of Elvis to have his initials put on the frame of slightly questionable sunglasses, wasn't it? The 70's was a crazy decade, though -- for EP and everyone else -- fashion-wise. But this is still a cool pic:

I think those glasses were very cool...Elvis looked awesome in them..
All through the 70's !!

8)

Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:43 am

Thanks for that pic, funky...

Those are cool shades, for sure 8)

Rich

Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:49 am

Brad M wrote:
Cryogenic wrote:It *was* a little tacky of Elvis to have his initials put on the frame of slightly questionable sunglasses, wasn't it? The 70's was a crazy decade, though -- for EP and everyone else -- fashion-wise. But this is still a cool pic:

I think those glasses were very cool...Elvis looked awesome in them..
All through the 70's !!

8)

These shades were fantastic!

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:00 am

carolynlm wrote:I can't see the difference between Elvis having his initials on his sunglasses.....very cool BTW......to someone wearing clothes nowadays with all the brand names.......Chanel, Calvin Klein etc......once again, Elvis was doing it before anyone........

I know, he was an original. I'm wondering, did these glasses from 1970, seem less bulkier then those from 1972, specifically, EOT?

Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:37 pm

Question??
Around the time of EOT the shades he wore,where not only an EP fashion for the time but wasn't the glasses prescription as well?

if so was he near-sighted, or far-sighted?