Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis and Pat Boone - date of photo?

Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:11 pm

Any idea on when this photo was taken? I think maybe 1973 or 1974...

Image

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/patboone70s.html

Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:11 pm

Thanks for the pic Paul. It's strange to see EP in the seventies not wearing any jewerly around his neck. I believe this pic was taken in 1974, though with my record at guesses, I wouldn't bet money on it.
Last edited by Joe Car on Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:21 pm

The fact that he's not wearing anything around the neck is pretty unusual, you're right about that, Joe. It also makes it harder to date the photo! Don't believe I've seen that jacket before, either... And yes, I agree - Probably 74, or maybe 73.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:25 pm

Hav-A-Tampa wrote:The fact that he's not wearing anything around the neck is pretty unusual, you're right about that, Joe. It also makes it harder to date the photo! Don't believe I've seen that jacket before, either... And yes, I agree - Probably 74, or maybe 73.


The closer I look, I believe he has a real thin necklace on. Take another look, I don't have the best eyesight.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:26 pm

Hi Paul!
I get a distinct feel that this photo probably would turn out to be from 1974, as is the guess of the others replying to your post.
From the tigers on his jacket to appearance of Charlie ( If I remember he was, as his boss, heavier the year before), my guess would also be 74. I can't make out his sideburns, if really short, would place it during the august/september season.

Eivind

Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:42 pm

Neat. My best guess would also place this circa August 1974 in Las Vegas. It's too bad the picture isn't a little better quality.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:23 pm

I'll also take a stab and say 1974....simply cuz of Elvis's hairstyle.....

Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:07 am

Thanks for the replies so far everyone - it seems 1974 may be our year 8)

And yes, a better quality picture would be nice...

Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:31 am

paulsweeney wrote:Thanks for the replies so far everyone - it seems 1974 may be our year ...

It's difficult to find any information on Boone from that era, such as when he may've been in Vegas performing -- I know, hard to believe.

On a side note, Paul, did you see this post? It pertains to another page in your wonderful "Candids" section of this Web site:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... isa#298522

Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:53 am

Initially I thought August '74, but it may well date from as late as August '75. I recall a photo from that engagement of EP with a Belgian fan, and Elvis' hairstyle and general appearance look quite similar.

Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:50 pm

This pic looks to be taken about Sept 74 in Vegas, just about the same time when that awesome pic of EP just standing outside his car, tanned, looking fit, (though a bit overweight) was taken, and you could see his reflection off the hood of his car. It kind runs hand in hand with the fake picture of EP and Cher. This has to be around the same time.

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:43 pm

great pic - thanks for the info.
rick

Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:41 pm

Actually, if that photo would have been taken in August/September 1974,
I think Elvis would have worn different kind of shades. Like the ones on this picture:
Image


When I first saw the picture, I immediately thought of these pictures (below) from August 1975.
So I'm with Rock Legend on this one.
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/belg75.html
Image Image

Image

Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:06 pm

J wrote:Actually, if that photo would have been taken in August/September 1974,
I think Elvis would have worn different kind of shades. Like the ones on this picture:
Image


When I first saw the picture, I immediately thought of these pictures (below) from August 1975.
So I'm with Rock Legend on this one.
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/belg75.html
Image Image

[URL=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/51
37/scc9.jpg[/img][/URL]


J, the top photo is the photo I was talking about, you could be right. There is one man who will know, oh Leroy, where art thou?

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:53 pm

Do whe have a concert where elvis introduce Pat Boone?

Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:31 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:Thanks for the replies so far everyone - it seems 1974 may be our year ...

It's difficult to find any information on Boone from that era, such as when he may've been in Vegas performing -- I know, hard to believe.

On a side note, Paul, did you see this post? It pertains to another page in your wonderful "Candids" section of this Web site:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... isa#298522


No I had not - thanks for pointing it out to me, and yes, 1969 it would be.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:19 am

Rock Legend wrote:Initially I thought August '74, but it may well date from as late as August '75. I recall a photo from that engagement of EP with a Belgian fan, and Elvis' hairstyle and general appearance look quite similar.


Any other suggestions - I'm leaning towards August 1975 as well...

Does the FECC admin have any idea on the date?

Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:54 am

I agree with Rock Legend on this as being taken from around August 1975. It was also during the Summer of 1975 he was wearing a lot those denim jackets with different designs/colors.

Regards,

FECC Team

Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:05 am

If August 1975, that's a very small window to meet other celebrities -- he arrived August 16 and was gone in the early morning hours of August 21. And he wasn't in the best of moods.

Re: Elvis and Pat Boone - date of photo?

Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:07 pm

This is from the February 1975 issue of Nashville´s Music City News.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis and Pat Boone - date of photo?

Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:32 am

The fool wrote:This is from the February 1975 issue of Nashville´s Music City News.

Image



This is a very helpful article, and proves the shot cannot be from August 1975. Thank you for finding it.

Researching Pat Boone's activity for the Motown subsidiary label, Melodyland, it appears his Memphis session may have been in September 1974.

22 August 1973 poss. Hilltop Recording Studios, 902 Due West Ave., Nashville, TN – Pat Boone (Producer: Norro Wilson)
889 73L-5607/62773 CANDY LIPS MGM unissued/Melodyland ME-6001F
890 73L-5608/62992 YOUNG GIRL MGM unissued/Melodyland ME 6001F ME-6005F/H6-405S1


1974 unknown – Pat Boone Family (Producer: Michael Lloyd)
F79 62713 PLEASE MR. POSTMAN Motown M1314-F

September 1974 unknown – Pat Boone Family (Producer: Michael Lloyd)
F80 62958 FRIEND Motown M1314-F

http://countrydiscography.blogspot.com/2012/08/pat-boone-part-1.html
http://www.bsnpubs.com/motown/melodyland/melodyville.html



Boone's official signing announcement happened in mid-October 1974, and the single "Candy Lips" released shortly after. It did not chart.

In any event, the meeting likely dates from the time Elvis was home from Las Vegas, and before he left to go on tour: mid-to-late September 1974. He does have a bit of that "College Park" look in his eyes, if you know what I mean.


740900_w Hodge_Boone_Fike_Memphis.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:17 am

Joe Car wrote:
Hav-A-Tampa wrote:The fact that he's not wearing anything around the neck is pretty unusual, you're right about that, Joe. It also makes it harder to date the photo! Don't believe I've seen that jacket before, either... And yes, I agree - Probably 74, or maybe 73.


The closer I look, I believe he has a real thin necklace on. Take another look, I don't have the best eyesight.


You may be right. I see the beading of a very very very very super thin necklace around his neck.

Re: Elvis and Pat Boone - date of photo?

Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:08 am

Here's Pat's 1974 single, which launched the Melodyland label:

phpBB [video]


Pat Boone "Candy Lips" (Melodyland 6001F, October 1974)


And here's one of the tracks Pat and his kids likely cut in Memphis at the time of the Elvis photo:

phpBB [video]


Pat Boone Family "Please Mr. Postman" (Motown M1314, November 9, 1974)


Wonder why these didn't chart?

Re: Elvis and Pat Boone - date of photo?

Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:17 pm

Yeah, Charlie wrote a lot of songs for Elvis. Between giving him scarves and water, he was hard at work writing his next hit single. :mrgreen:

Re: Elvis and Pat Boone - date of photo?

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:24 pm

The fool wrote:This is from the February 1975 issue of Nashville´s Music City News.


Great find. I'll modify the page when I'm back home. Also thanks to the Doc.


Sent from my rotary dial party line phone