Post here your Elvis' pictures

Spinout - on set candid!

Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:16 pm

Here is another time (unreported until now) Presley gave a cheque away to charity. Does anyone know much about this encounter!? It had only been just on six months (whilst he was filming Frankie and Johnny) since Presley donated 50 grand to the Motion Picture Relief Fund, reportedly the largest single donation the organization had ever received up until that date. Barbara Stanwyck and Frank Sinatra accepted that one. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this the outfit Lacker (Marty) was designing for Presley, at the time!?

Courtesy of TCB - World/ Fan http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/showim ... 21706&c=73 Thanks guys!

Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:12 pm

Hello Funkyangel
how are you?
thanks alot for that amazing candid, once again, never saw this one
About Elvis' outfit, dont know who was designing it but i love it!
very cool jacket \ vest....Elvis looks good in SPINOUT !
thanks again...keep them coming (those great elvis '50-'60 candids) :wink:
sincerely
LIOR

Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:06 pm

You're the reason I upload LIOR :lol:! Sharing/ Uploading (whilst given the credit!) images is what it is all about! Keep smiling! Cheers!

Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:49 pm

I don't know how much, but knowing Elvis it wasn't some coins :D

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:42 am

Here´s another candid from the Spinout set. With the famous French singer Mireille Mathieu and producer Joe Pasternak.

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:00 am

Thank for this candid THE FOOL :wink:
sincerely
LIOR

Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:27 pm

Thanks Fool for the pic.

Are you positive that is Mireille??
I can clearly see the likeliness but 19-year-old Mireille didn't get her breakthrough untill November 21, 1965 in a French TV-program where she won a singing contest. Her debut album "Mon Credo" was released in 1966 and sold an astonishing 1,3 million in 5 months.

Elvis filmed Spinout during February thru April 8, 1966 so Mireille would have had to go to the US at the same time her debut album was released and she was just starting to build a career in France.

I've never heard of a meeting between Elvis and Mireille but it sure looks like her.

By the way, for those who don't know Mireille Mathieu, she has a fantastic voice that gives me goosebumps just like Elvis does at times.

Here's a pic og Mireille from around the same time as Elvis filmed Spinout
http://www.mireillemathieu.com/6607.jpg

Sincerely
Brian

Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:18 pm

I must confess that I do not know anything about her besides her beautiful singing in the Eurovision song contest years and years ago. I took this photo from a French magazine that says it is Mireille.

Also, I found this web site with the same photo. The caption says:

In the spring of 1966, Mireille Mathieu for the first time risked
the jump across the Big Pond. In New York she appeared in the
Ed-Sullivan-Show - for many artists the crowining event of their
career, for Mireille Mathieu a milestone on her way to
international fame.
After several other TV shows and three tours through Canada
her name was well-known throughout North-America.

http://avignon.skynetblogs.be/post/3707526/mireille-et-elvis
Last edited by The fool on Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:24 pm

Fool, you're absolutely right. I checked some more sites, the one you mentioned as well, and it is clear that is it indeed Mireille Mathieu together with Elvis in that pic.

Thanks man, two of my favourite singers in a pic I never saw before.

Sincerely
Brian

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:59 pm

The fool wrote:Image

notice their eyes, especially his!
ole´ el´ seems to eat her up with his eyes, it looks as if there was something goin´ on ... :shock: