Post here your Elvis' pictures

Is this from American Sound?

Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:35 am

Added some freinds to Scotty's myspace page today and one of them had this picture. I don't think I've seen this one but I think I've seen other similar.
Was this at American Sound in Memphis?

Image

Jim

Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:19 am

This is from Western Recorders in Los Angeles, on Sunday, June 23, 1968. Elvis is about to cut the peerless studio take of "If I Can Dream"!

Scotty and DJ arrived at NBC-TV Studios in Burbank the day before. Incidentally, the phenominal June 24 sit down rehearsal at NBC, with Moore and Fontana, will be officially issued next month on FTD.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:26 am

I love this pic. Thanks for the info Doc and the pic James, much appreciated fellas!

Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:35 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:This is from Western Recorders in Los Angeles, on Sunday, June 23, 1968. Elvis is about to cut the peerless studio take of "If I Can Dream"!

Scotty and DJ arrived at NBC-TV Studios in Burbank the day before. Incidentally, the phenominal June 24 sit down rehearsal at NBC, with Moore and Fontana, will be officially issued next month on FTD.


He has every reason in the world to be looking so assured and relaxed. He's about to make the greatest music of his life! Yet it's shocking to think -- if Steve Binder isn't lying or embellishing -- that he was sweating buckets in his dressing room and had to be prompted to come out for the first sitdown session! Wow, oh wow. Anyway, this is indeed a tres cool photoreeeno.

BTW: "It never ceases to amaze me..." Look how skinny his legs are. He looks like a little boy. It's scary to think that he was slimmer still in 1969!

Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:41 am

Cryogenic wrote:BTW: "It never ceases to amaze me..." Look how skinny his legs are. He looks like a little boy. It's scary to think that he was slimmer still in 1969!


And without the Vegas flares, don't his feet look huge ?

Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:15 pm

Nice to see this pic again James
thxs pal, for posting it...

Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:15 pm

ColinB wrote:And without the Vegas flares, don't his feet look huge ?


He had huge feet, that's why the flared legs came in handy