Post here your Elvis' pictures

Presley' funeral/ procession!

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:48 pm

Of all the 'official' visual material we have on Presley, I am suprised we haven't got one in regards his funeral! I am sure there is an abundant of material out there that can be passsed on to an editing production team. Having said that, I have uploaded some images that a new to me. The first one is the closest I've seen to anyone of the cars in the procession . . .
ImageImage

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:04 pm

I would love to see more pictures like these. It's so nice to see how many peoples was come to see when Elvis left to his last trip.

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:03 pm

Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:49 am

Great looking pictures.
I've never seen them before.

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:15 pm

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:16 pm

Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:27 pm

Thanks for those last two, Jon. I hadn't seen those before.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:41 pm

How many people was in Elvis' funeral, and front of Graceland in time of Elvis' death? Does somebody know?

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:23 pm

i made some scans form a book called Remember elvis....written by Mike E. Rodgers..

Linda Thompson..

Vernon...

Priscilla and mike stone

a picture of 16th august....the first fan's heard the news that elvis had died

cleaning the updrive to graceland

JD sumner.......and his wife???

marcel

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:45 pm

Thanks for the pics, Marcel. Very nice. One correction--the photo you labeled as "Priscilla and Mike Stone" is neither person. Is the man not Al Strada? I am unsure of the identity of the lady, though. (Looks like Jennifer Lopez!). Thanks, again.....

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:51 pm

KHoots wrote:Thanks for the pics, Marcel. Very nice. One correction--the photo you labeled as "Priscilla and Mike Stone" is neither person. Is the man not Al Strada? I am unsure of the identity of the lady, though. (Looks like Jennifer Lopez!). Thanks, again.....

when i saw this picture i had my doubts to...let me see what the book says about the picture
the book says it is Priscilla Beaulieu wo is leavin the Mausoleum....but i doubt that.....but who is this girl??

marcel

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:59 pm

God... some of those pictures are tough.

That last-but-one picture, with the woman holding the album of photos... I'm not ashamed to say... it brought a tear to my eye. I don't get choked up easily, not even with all the depression and sadness surrounding Elvis' last years, but that picture affected me.

Anyway: some of those look like they were taken yesterday!

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:55 pm

Could the pohoto in question be Al Strada and Mindi Miller??

BTW, awesome pics! Where do you guys get such pictures??

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:38 pm

Stop the press!!!!!

The "drivaeway cleaner machine" (if that is a driveway cleaner machine) photo plus the other b&w outside the gates photo is not necessarily from this date but from October 2nd 1977 and the "2nd funeral".

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:36 pm

Steve_M wrote:Stop the press!!!!!

The "drivaeway cleaner machine" (if that is a driveway cleaner machine) photo plus the other b&w outside the gates photo is not necessarily from this date but from October 2nd 1977 and the "2nd funeral".

Why do you think this is from October 2, 1977, Steve? Just curious....

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:43 pm

Yes, and I liked those photos.

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:26 am

Tony Trout wrote:

Why do you think this is from October 2, 1977, Steve? Just curious....

Not only because it is dark, but because one of the fans looks like the one seen in the footage that was pro shot showing the hearses bringing back Elvis and Gladys on Oct 2nd.

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:15 pm

in the book they wrote...( i have to translate it from Dutch)
during the night of 16 and 17 august...a lot of fan's dropped trash on the boulevard....so they had to clean op the elvis presley boulevard..so they are speaking of 2 nights....16 and 17 august
that is what the book says about it.

marcel

Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:49 am

The pic was not at all Pris and Mike.

First of all Pris had alreaddy broken up with Mike at that time.

The man is Al strada and the girl was in my opinion a Kennedy family remember but not sure.

Anyhow not at all Priscilla Beaulieu.

She was at the funeral with a long black dress and black pantys on and held hands with Lisa the whole time.

That is Priscilla on the funeral:

This correction said, thank you so much for the funeral pictures posted.

Especially those in colour of Linda and Vernon were some I was alreaddy looking for a long time.

Has anyone got some pictures in colour of Priscilla and Lisa on that particular sad day.

I have only those two Black and white ones.

Riley

Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:46 am

hisby,

Thank you for posting the pix's they are really awesome and I have never seen some of them before. It was very heartbreaking day
in the history of music and the King.

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:58 am

Who's the woman standing by Vernon's right side?

Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:37 am

Would that be Vernon's then-fiancee' Sandy (sp?) Miller standing next to Vernon? Poor Vernon looks so frail.... :(
Last edited by Tony Trout on Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:40 am

You're right, Tony. It's shocking to see how aged Vernon was from the mid 70's onwards. He was, what, like 60? He looked like an 80 year old man.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:46 am

Vernon was only 61 when Elvis died.....but, sadly, he did look much older....

Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:20 am

riley wrote:She was at the funeral with a long black dress and black pantys on and held hands with Lisa the whole time.

And black panties? That's a lot of detail :lol: