Post here your Elvis' pictures

'Reconsider Baby' CD cover

Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:45 pm

What is the date, location of the front cover? Thanks.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:28 am

Rich, that looks colorised to me, and that's thrown it for me unless Brian knows the time frame for that jacket which I'm sure was not that color

Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:50 am

I'm guesssing January or February of 1956 given Elvis's hairstyle. It looks like a shot taken outside the Stage Door to the Dorsey Brother's show.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:00 pm

You nailed it pretty good Mike.
The photo is indeed from outside the back entrance to the Dorsey Brothers Show.
Date is probably February 18, 1956 as this was the clothes Elvis wore at that specific show. Only show he wore those clothes.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:17 pm

The original 1985 LP sported just a single cover sticker. Once the plastic wrap was removed, you beheld a gorgeous image with no words to mar the visual experience.

This may've been a first for RCA in 29 years of Elvis LPs, and was a great piece of work from art director Joe Stelmach:

It was also pressed on blue vinyl, a la 1977's Moody Blue, and had fantastic notes on the back cover by some guy named Peter Guralnick.

Reconsider Baby (AFL1-5418) was one of project A&R director Gregg Geller's finest Presley efforts.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:30 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:The original 1985 LP sported just a single cover sticker. Once the plastic wrap was removed, you beheld a gorgeous image with no words to mar the visual experience.

This may've been a first for RCA in 29 years of Elvis LPs, and was a great piece of work from art director Joe Stelmach:

It was also pressed on blue vinyl, a la 1977's Moody Blue, and had fantastic notes on the back cover by some guy named Peter Guralnick.

Reconsider Baby (AFL1-5418) was one of project A&R director Gregg Geller's finest Presley efforts.

It truly is stunning, thanks for the pic and info guys!