Post here your Elvis' pictures

Whare are the other two to his set?

Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:27 pm

These were taken in Memphis on Sept 9, 1954 when the band played at the opening of the Katz drugstore at the Lamar Airways shopping ctr.

I used to have all 3 but can't find them for the life of me now. One was cut up and used by that memphis recording service website that shows just Elvis leaning agains the back of the car.

Are the other 2 in original style kicking around?

Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:41 pm

Ok,
Just looked around again and found one of the others buried somewhere.

Still looking for the third though

Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:46 pm

Was the other one taken during daylight ? I seem to recall that that was the difference, so much so that it wasn't until more recent times that it was realised to be from the same day. sorry but I only have the two you have under this date.

where are the

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:26 pm

.... No, Stevie, Nooo...!

The third one has the Memphis flash posing solo.

sorta from the waist up. And Steve, it was still dark... [ heh, heh...]

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:32 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:Ok,
Just looked around again and found one of the others buried somewhere.

Still looking for the third though

How could somebody 19 years old, look so frickin cool! Thanks for the post James, much appreciated!

Re: where are the

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:06 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:.... No, Stevie, Nooo...!

The third one has the Memphis flash posing solo.

sorta from the waist up. And Steve, it was still dark... [ heh, heh...]

Thanks Ger, I'm thinking of the wrong photo altogether then. I'd like to see the third one from this day now.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:39 pm

Thank you very much JAMES for those outstanding photos!
Man, elvis is looking so cool on those pics...
i love theat outfit & the shoes :D , still looking that kind of shoes shoes , there are no shoes like these in israel....only in U.S.A ( I will try to find in my next vacation :wink: )
sincerely
LIOR

Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:09 am

I bought copies of those photos many years ago from the owner Opal Walker of Memphis.
I'll see if I have them all scanned (my scanner is not working) when I get back home from work and post the third one here.

Opal Walker is selling the photos on Ebay from time to time.

Sincerely
Brian

Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:34 pm

Can anyone explain the significance of the tie Elvis is wearing?

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:55 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Can anyone explain the significance of the tie Elvis is wearing?

I don't know why I think this, but does it have something to do with wearing that tie when he attended high school?

Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:17 pm

Well, I only had this not too perfect copy on my PC but at least you can get an idea of what it looks like.

Maybe someone else has a better copy.

Sincerely
Brian

Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:44 pm

Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Can anyone explain the significance of the tie Elvis is wearing?

I don't know why I think this, but does it have something to do with wearing that tie when he attended high school?

This tie appears to be the same one he wore for his professional debut at the Overton Park Shell on July 30. My guess? It was his "lucky tie."

These three photos are some of my very favorites from Elvis' early days. Just 19 years old, so young, so full of promise!