Post here your Elvis' pictures

Rarely seen/ uploaded 50's candid!

Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:19 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/WHO-IS-THIS-WOMAN-W ... dZViewItem

Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:05 pm

That looks like a very old (50 years) fake, in other words it was faked back then not now.

rarely seen

Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:40 pm

... Looks like one made in germany, circa 59/60 with his later to

be wife... Typical old fashioned, european photography as made

in camera equipment shops at the time. Fake? I doubt it.

Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:01 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:
Looks like one made in germany, circa 59/60 with his later to

be wife...

Is that Pricilla? That doesn't look like Pricilla.

RKS

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:14 am

Well, it's a fake to the extent that the background and foreground were originally separate (i.e. it's been composited). If you look closely, you'll see that there appears to be a slight matte fringe around parts of Elvis' hair. There's something very fishy about Elvis' left arm/hand, too. His face is also very sharply lit on one side with no obvious source of illumination. There are so many things up with this image.

rarely seen

Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:01 am

... Yes, that was the first thing Id noticed as well.

But, in those days it was common practice to hand brush the back

ground of photograps. I have a black and white photo of my mom,

from the 40s, were the photographer added shading on the background

with brush and ink. Still, I can be mistaken? But why would anybody

fake a photo 46/7 years ago? Its army Elvis. Not earlier. And the

girl looks a lot like the 14 year young Priscilla. Hairstyle, eye make up.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:13 am

Too me she looks like Debra Paget but Pris also looked like her a bit so it is confusing :roll:

rarely seen

Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:37 am

... Yeah, she looks a bit like Paget. But also a little like Lisa Marie.

This is his dark blonde Army haircut, no sideburns. So Debra is out.

Gawd, the things that keep us bussy! :D

Anyone, who can post a 14 year young miss Prissie here?

... Thank you.

rarely seen

Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:40 am

...PS: notice his white army t- shirt!

Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:57 am

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:07 am

I would !

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:15 am

Very similar nose!

rarely seen

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:25 am

... Simelar nose... and eyebrows!

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:39 pm

That picture just aint right. There's an outline around the bodies and the back of Elvis' hand looks odd, like the image of him was cut out and they got that bit slightly wrong.

rarely seen

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:58 pm

... Stevie, Stevie, Stevie! The outline was explained by me, in one

of my above posts. Its all about brush and ink, to create a back

ground for the photo. tsk..tsk..tsk...

Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:50 pm

So the consensus of opinion is that this is a genuine photo of Elvis with Priscilla done in a typical German studio portrait style of the late fifties.

However, this particular one for sale on eBay looks like it's a copy of an original damaged print. For instance, the creases look flattened out. And the corners are too sharp for it to be a vintage print. Maybe this is why it doesn't look quite right.

A case of buyer beware - like so much on eBay (especially when sellers appear to be ignorant about what it is they are auctioning)!

Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:21 pm

No, the photo is not genuine at all.

The image of Elvis and the girl is it seems is genuine but as Ger has pointed out again to me, the photo in a manufactured one and is not the original as it was taken.

As we dont have the phot as it originaly was or that Elvis and the girl appeared on then any other manufactured from it cant be the genuine original.

do you see what I mean ? If so please explain it back to me coz i just lost myself.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:28 pm

I have to agree with Ger on this one. I also find it "interesting" to see that Kingcandids are the highest bidder on this item, atleast last time I checked...they seem to know what to look for.

Eivind

Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:59 pm

Get one that's not been abused! >>>> :lol:

Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:25 pm

Steve_M wrote:No, the photo is not genuine at all.

The image of Elvis and the girl is it seems is genuine but as Ger has pointed out again to me, the photo in a manufactured one and is not the original as it was taken.

As we dont have the phot as it originaly was or that Elvis and the girl appeared on then any other manufactured from it cant be the genuine original.

do you see what I mean ? If so please explain it back to me coz i just lost myself.

OK this does make sense! You mean that there was a genuine photo of Elvis with this girl who is probably Priscilla. At some time the original background has been stripped away and the 2 figures have been put onto another background. So maybe the question is when was this done - recently on a computer or back at the time the photo was taken? Ger says this was a standard style for camera shops of the period so it could have been back then.
Either way the print for sale on eBay is a copy (of a copy) and looks to have been aritificially aged as you have shown by posting a 'clean' version.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:28 pm

You are da man Steve!

This is probably the most mysterious eBay Elvis photo I have ever seen, even if it really is a retouched black-and-white studio portrait. I wish I could tell you more about the workings of German photographers in addition to what Ger has said, but I was born three decades later. Only thing I know the studio portraits from the era in my family don't look this "strange". They are untouched and you can see the real studio background decoration. Would be interesting to know what's been written on the back. As the seller states "It has writing on the back, looks like some kid wrote it."

Also does anyone have a photo of the watch he is wearing? I don't think I have ever seen it before.

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:29 pm

I've told you folks about my dad reading elvis's love letters. That could be the actress.

rarely seen

Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:21 pm

... myterious love letters? What did I miss?!

Re: rarely seen

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:24 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... myterious love letters? What did I miss?!

Ok, heres the story in a nutshell. My dads friend' mom had a boarding house right. Okay, This lady rented a room. This Lady's sister was a big European movie star - she was dating guess who.
My dad and his buddies would sit around and read his ( guess who ) loves letters to this woman. My dad told me that there were alot of pictures also. Pictures of E and this chick ( i.e. hotel lobbys etc ).
This is the GOD honest truth - no joke.
My dad gets mad when I tell people about this cuz his feels like a fool for not taking anything ( stealing ). But my old man is true blue. And at that time it wasn't such a big deal. Out there somewhere are pictures and letters. It'll come to light one day.

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:36 pm

And to back this up. ANYBODY WHO WANTS TO TALK TO MY DAD - contact me and I'll give you his number & you can talk with him.
I am 100% telling the truth about this.