Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis receiving the Gold Attendance Belt

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:26 pm

Does anyone happen to have this picture in better quality??
Or maybe even some alternate photos from the occasion?

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:28 pm

And as Leroy will add - this was taken in 1969 and not 1970 as originally believed.

Leroy might have better quality version of this and also at least one other shot from that occassion.

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:04 pm

Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:22 pm

For fellow Fin: :D

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:51 am

Thanks Funky, and Thank You Patori!

I knew I had seen at least one alternate picture of the occasion.
Thanks for putting them up! 8)

Superb pictures!

Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:59 am

Man I wish he had stuck to that as stagewear...........sharp as a tack!!!!

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:15 pm

Scatter wrote:Man I wish he had stuck to that as stagewear...........sharp as a tack!!!!

It was awesome wasn't it!

Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:22 am

greatr pivs

Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:29 am

Elvis never looked sharper or more handsome than in 1969. Incredible stuff.

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:41 pm

Here is a better quality version of the picture. It was taken just moments after his closing show on August 28th, 1969.

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:49 pm

Never knew you'd found an exact date for that Leroy. Excellent!

Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:05 pm

It helps to have some sources within the circle. Let me put it that way.
The only problem is that EPE will tell a diferent story which they cannot underline with proof, but they stick to it.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:32 am

Steve_M wrote:Never knew you'd found an exact date for that Leroy. Excellent!

Hey Leroy, what a scoop! I've been after the date of this image for so long!

Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:08 am

In that case I am glad to be at your service, FunkyAngel.

But I do suspect that in a couple of days there will be a lot of comments about the date. Almost all "offcial" sources claim this picture was taken on September 7th, 1970.
But I trust there is enough expertise on this board to see this can't be true.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:29 pm

I'm no expert, as a matter of fact I'm usually wrong about dates of photos, but his sideburns alone are a giveaway, definitely not 1970, but 69, thanks Leroy!

Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:36 pm

Do these photos exist in color? I think I have seen them before.
Or it might have been other photos, because I clearly remember that wallpaper in color.
And in my opinion it wasn't the most hideous in that hotel.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:44 pm

Mel, the wallpaper is known to all of us for its color from the August 4th 1970 reheasals featured in TTWII. maybe that's how you know the color of it.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:50 pm

Nice of you to want to help a lunatic woman, who is talking about wallpapers now. You are a true gent. But in my opinion it's not the same wallpaper and design. Take a look.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... vegas.html

I am pretty sure I saw pictures. Elvis, Vernon and some other people. I might try to uncover them tomorrow.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:41 pm

Melanie wrote:Nice of you to want to help a lunatic woman, who is talking about wallpapers now. You are a true gent. But in my opinion it's not the same wallpaper and design. Take a look.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... vegas.html

I am pretty sure I saw pictures. Elvis, Vernon and some other people. I might try to uncover them tomorrow.

Yes, you have seen this design before. There are pictures taken from Elvis' suite in September of 1973. Here's the link in the candid central page.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/room74.html

These pictures were used on DAE's wondferful From Sunset Blvd. to Paradise Road import.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:21 pm

Joe Car wrote:I'm no expert, as a matter of fact I'm usually wrong about dates of photos, but his sideburns alone are a giveaway, definitely not 1970, but 69, thanks Leroy!

Joe, but you are using your eyes the way they're meant to. That's the difference. You see what you see and that's the same way I work. But a company like EPE want to re-create the myth and try to tell us to see what they want us to see....

Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:22 am

Leroy wrote:
Joe Car wrote:I'm no expert, as a matter of fact I'm usually wrong about dates of photos, but his sideburns alone are a giveaway, definitely not 1970, but 69, thanks Leroy!

Joe, but you are using your eyes the way they're meant to. That's the difference. You see what you see and that's the same way I work. But a company like EPE want to re-create the myth and try to tell us to see what they want us to see....

That's pretty sad that EPE takes info like that for granted. To most of us, getting correct dates of EP's pics and such, means a lot. Thanks for the kind words btw, I'm trying to learn what to look for when looking at pics and obviously sideburns are a big clue.

Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:10 pm

Mike C wrote:Yes, you have seen this design before. There are pictures taken from Elvis' suite in September of 1973. Here's the link in the candid central page. http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/room74.html These pictures were used on DAE's wondferful From Sunset Blvd. to Paradise Road import.

Thanks! Those are the pictures. But I am still conviced I have seen that wallpaper in color before. It is dark blue and white as far I remember. I didn't know the Drug Enforcement Agency is in the import biz now. ;-)