Post here your Elvis' pictures

July 12th '75 Candid!?

Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:13 pm

Since this shot is most definately from the July '75 tour (as per the choker) I tried to narrow it down and give it a place and date! I took note of Esposito' attire (his shirt) and cross - examined it with a still from the footage, taken from the footage on 'Return To Splendour'. IMO, the image is from Charleston, West Virginia (July 12th) as Presley was enroute to the Civic Center for his afternoon performance! Like always, feel free to correct me, if I am wrong! Cheers!
ImageImageCourtesy of
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Elvis-Backstag ... dZViewItem

Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:45 pm

Funky!

You remember the discussion about the pic in the parking lot, wrongly described as a Memphis car dealership?

Joe is wearing the same shirt in both pics - and Linda was with him in Charleston, as was proved by a pic on his way to the evening show. Both pics were taken in the afternoon, and so perhaps the pic was taken to / from this matinee show? Also, Red seems to be wearing the same white shirt too.

Have we just solved the mystery?

Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:51 pm

Thanks to Clint for these pics:

It is the correct date Funky.

Also note in the footage in the clip below the white plate / outdoor switch or whatever on the wall to our left of the door. The same guy is standing in the same place upon Elvis' return just in front of the white paint mark on the wall as is there when Elvis leaves.

July 12th 1975 afternoon: footage clip

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:02 pm

Thanks for the pics and Steve thanks for the footage!