Post here your Elvis' pictures

70 s candid

Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:32 pm

Does anyone know from when is that candid?

Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:41 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, late 1972. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:34 pm

That's Elvis wearing his Yellow Tulip with Green Leaf jumpsuit that he only wore as street attire.

Looking at Linda's hair I'd place it in 73, but 72 is just as likely.

Re: 70 s candid

Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:45 pm

Jones wrote:Does anyone know from when is that candid?

Looks like spring, 1973 -- perhaps April.

Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:17 pm

It was taken in San Bernardino, CA on May 13, 1974

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ber74.html

Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:47 pm

Good work, Paul!

Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:50 pm

I'm never right! Thanks Paul for the info.

Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:14 am

Courtesy of Pauls Elvis Page
ImageImage
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ber74.html
" . . . no, it's that way, man!"
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 51374.html

Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:03 am

I should take a look at the Candid Central more often, Paul.
Thanks for the answers!

Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:06 am

Steve_M wrote:That's Elvis wearing his Yellow Tulip with Green Leaf jumpsuit that he only wore as street attire.

:lol: :lol: Steve.........having dial-up (the 21st century equivalent of 2 tin cans and a string) I read your comment before the picture loaded.

I'm thinking "What the hell jumpsuit is that?? What have I missed??"

Sarcastic bastard :lol: :lol: :wink:

Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:12 pm

Just to ram home the degree to which I've become a sarcastic bastard......

I would have thought that even with my original comment aside that you would have had trouble following the rest of the thread if the picture hadn't loaded - given that it is fundamental to the actual thread :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's an age thing with me i think.... I've lost it completely now.

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:27 pm

You kill me Steverino!!! :wink:

Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:59 am

Scatter wrote:You kill me Steverino!!! :wink:

It wasn't me - i got 30 witnesses say i was at a seaweed massage palour being rubbed around my groin with the stuff by 3 he-shes and a straight eunuch.

It's okay, i'm not a pervert, I'd got a 50% off voucher in the post.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:15 am

Steve-M, can you please explain to me what this Green Leaf Jumpsuit is? To me he's wearing a powder blue two-piece. Thinking about a Green Leaf Jumpsuit the only one that comes to mind is the 1970 jumpsuit he also wore during one of the Houston shows...

Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:56 am

Leroy, are you kidding me ?

Take a look at the picture in the first post then whilst doing that read my description again, preferably whilst looking at the picture.

I think all will then become a little clearer :wink:

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:12 pm

Steve_M wrote:Leroy, are you kidding me ?

Take a look at the picture in the first post then whilst doing that read my description again, preferably whilst looking at the picture.

I think all will then become a little clearer :wink:

Steve_M wrote:
"what do we do (make that what should we do) when we dont know what someone is saying or we are unsure what they are saying or we want some clarification, could we not just ask ?"
:wink:

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:39 pm

What's your point Mr Dickman ? (note that that's a question)

I see I lived up to my own advice in that I asked a question of Leroy if he was kidding me or not and then in case he wasn't i went on to explain myself with instructions that I hope would make my comments clear - in other words i answered directly the querey raised by Leroy.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Steve_M wrote:What's your point Mr Dickman ? (note that that's a question)

in other words i answered directly the querey raised by Leroy.

Leroys question:Steve-M, can you please explain to me what this Green Leaf Jumpsuit is?

Your DIRECT answer:Leroy, are you kidding me ?

I think all will then become a little clearer .

mmmmmmmm...........about as direct as my response to your query on the Going Back In Time thread. (Which, by the way, was in bold type and LARGE font at the top left of screen)

Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:01 pm

you really think that ?

What show ? would equate to something along the lines of august 11th 1970 Midnight show.

What release ? would equate to the name of a CD that show was released on.

do you get it yet ? i thought you'd settled on the last word being spoken on that, or did you mean somethng different to what you said ?

I still fail to see the show mentioned in the thread title, even though I've looked a number of times. i can see the release title in the thread title but theres nothing there or inside the thread in your first post to state which show that release refers to. If you dont believe me the evidence is there please go and look and see that what i say is true.

As far as quoting me from another thread in this thread about something in an unrelated context in an attempt to throw it off its topic I'll leave that with Leroy, i'm sure that knowing him the way i do and for as long as i do he will find my response and subsequent answer to his question perfect for him to follow. Had it have been you asking the question I would have answered it in a different manner to suit. Being as i thankfully dont know you it wasn't the case.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:21 pm

[quote="Steve_M"]you really think that ?
Dumb question

What show ? would equate to something along the lines of august 11th 1970 Midnight show.
15th Feb. 77

What release ? would equate to the name of a CD that show was released on.
That is correct

do you get it yet ? i thought you'd settled on the last word being spoken on that, or did you mean somethng different to what you said ?
I don't like hypocrites

I still fail to see the show mentioned in the thread title, even though I've looked a number of times. i can see the release title in the thread title but theres nothing there or inside the thread in your first post to state which show that release refers to. If you dont believe me the evidence is there please go and look and see that what i say is true.
The date of the show is not in the thread title, I just assumed that someone with over 7000 posts might have half a clue as to what discs are being released
As far as quoting me from another thread in this thread about something in an unrelated context in an attempt to throw it off its topic I'll leave that with Leroy, i'm sure that knowing him the way i do and for as long as i do he will find my response and subsequent answer to his question perfect for him to follow. Had it have been you asking the question I would have answered it in a different manner to suit. Being as i thankfully dont know you it wasn't the case.
I responded here, as this is the thread in which your hypocrisy lies.[/quote]

Apologies to other posters for the hijack.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:46 pm

BTW Steve....see if you can stay away from the name calling this time......so childish.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:16 pm

Larry Dickman wrote:BTW Steve....see if you can stay away from the name calling this time......so childish.

what name calling ? Please quote it.

I'll give you an example to ensure you know what i mean:
Larry Dickman wrote:so childish.

Caling me childish is name calling in the example above, so please do the same and quote where I've name called.

Larry Dickman wrote:The date of the show is not in the thread title, I just assumed that someone with over 7000 posts might have half a clue as to what discs are being released

I would have done the same as you and possibly assumed the same unless that person actully demonstrated they didn't know by asking the question. DOH! that's exactly what i did.
I also knew that that disc was released but i didn't know what show it was from. I know very little about Elvis, Elvis Presley, Graceland and other respective trade marks and especially any releases. What i know about all of those mentioned put together can be wrapped up into a neat little package and inserted up an ants anus. This is nothing new or revealing about me because I've stated this info for everyone to read more than once on this very MB.
If you assume then you are wrong to assume correctly, that's a choice for you to make and take responsibility for.
Last edited by Steve_M on Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:20 pm

Steve_M wrote:
Larry Dickman wrote:BTW Steve....see if you can stay away from the name calling this time......so childish.

what name calling ? Please quote it.

I'll give you an example to ensure you know what i mean:
Larry Dickman wrote:so childish.

Caling me childish is name calling in the example above, so please do the same and quote where I've name called.

Steve_M wrote:
why are you going out of your way to try and act such an arsehole ?
I could be wrong, you might not be going out of your way or trying to be an arsehole at all - it might just come naturally for you.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:22 pm

BTW, this is from the Going Back In Time thread........in case you have forgotten.

Nice try in trying to cover your tracks to.....I think you know what I mean, very devious. :wink:

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:27 pm

I had not forgotten - you are the one that bought it up in this thread not me.

I have not called you any names, i asked a question which began "why" and ended with a question mark to denote it.

i also said that I could be wrong about that as you just quoted but failed to read.

I'd also editted my post from above whist you were adding your two others.