Post here your Elvis' pictures

Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:21 pm

Just remembered where I would find these. Heavier yes, but then again, he lost a lot of weight from November onwards. And look, no chains around his neck!

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ige76.html

E

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:09 am

Eivind wrote:This style of coat must 've been a favorite of Elvis' as he wore similar coats with different colors, with small adujustments of pockets and shoulders, but basically the same cut.
At the top of my head I seem to remember that he started wearing those in the winter of 1973.
But Leroy, I must say I disagree on dating this to be from 1973. When leaving his plane on Feb. 18 1977 I believe he wore the same coat, and I there are others from the fall of 76 that looks to be the same. Don't remember him wearing this color in 73.
This is not science, (uh really?) but it sure looks like a photo taken a lot later than 73 and could easily been taken in Vegas, December of 76. Then again I agreed it was Brenda Lee next to him, so what do I know :D
But, bring on your evidence, (Big Bad) Leroy...(Brown ?)

E


It's not really a matter of evidence. It's just a matter of looking closely at the picture. In 1976 he would have worn a Karate Kenpo Necklace and his huge Diamond Maltese Cross would probably visible. If it would have been 1977 he would have worn a Hebrew Chai around his neck. But look at his waist; it's too thin to be either 1976 or 1977. And what color do you think this coat is? That is probably the hardtest part on a black & white picture. We automaticly assume it's the grey/blue version. But what if it is the red one? I have several pictures of Elvis wearing the red one in 1973. Elvis started to wear these coats in the beginning of 1973. The fact a 1973 picture of Elvis wearing the grey/blue coat never surfaced before will not mean he didn't wear it.....

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:47 am

This is not from 1973. It is 1976 for sure. Look at this link from 1976 and one from 1977 in similar coats;

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ego76.html

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... plane.html

Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:08 am

and this one, from december 73

Image

Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:21 am

paulsweeney wrote:This is not from 1973. It is 1976 for sure. Look at this link from 1976 and one from 1977 in similar coats;

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ego76.html

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... plane.html


With all do respect Paul but there are more pictures dated wrong in your picture gallery. But again look at what he's wearing as a necklace. He wore that throughout the year. And look at his waistline. It's much more evident he has "grown" a bit. On the picture where this question is about he's thin. At least thinner that he was in 1976. These are the points to look at, not the fact he's wearing this coat because this coat is older than one might suspect.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:38 pm

Leroy wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:This is not from 1973. It is 1976 for sure. Look at this link from 1976 and one from 1977 in similar coats;

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ego76.html

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... plane.html


With all do respect Paul but there are more pictures dated wrong in your picture gallery. But again look at what he's wearing as a necklace. He wore that throughout the year. And look at his waistline. It's much more evident he has "grown" a bit. On the picture where this question is about he's thin. At least thinner that he was in 1976. These are the points to look at, not the fact he's wearing this coat because this coat is older than one might suspect.


If there are dates that are wrong, please feel free to email me and I will correct them if needed. I have done it many times in the past. I always consult with others on any date changes, and if the majority agree, the date gets changed.

On this particular photo I guess we will have to agree to disagree 8)

Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:50 pm

My last word on this highly important, world changing subject: I' m absolutely sure about one thing: The color of the coat is either grey or or light blue, which shoud place it in the 76 / 77 timeframe. I've seen other shots of Elvis wearing this coat in 75, without any chains /necklaces. I had some color photos of Elvis wearing the same style of coat in red from 73, and changed them into black and white. The coat came out much darker than the once in light blue or grey.
If looking closely at the red coat from 73 you will see that it has a much broader / larger fit, then the photo in question. It may be the coat or it may be that Elvis as grew a bit closer to the fabric from 73 to 76 :) My guess is that Elvis bought several coats at the same time.
So guess what, I still say it's a 76 shot and from the looks of Elvis appearance I'd say December.

Eivind

Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:26 pm

paulsweeney wrote:
Leroy wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:This is not from 1973. It is 1976 for sure. Look at this link from 1976 and one from 1977 in similar coats;

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ego76.html

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... plane.html


With all do respect Paul but there are more pictures dated wrong in your picture gallery. But again look at what he's wearing as a necklace. He wore that throughout the year. And look at his waistline. It's much more evident he has "grown" a bit. On the picture where this question is about he's thin. At least thinner that he was in 1976. These are the points to look at, not the fact he's wearing this coat because this coat is older than one might suspect.


If there are dates that are wrong, please feel free to email me and I will correct them if needed. I have done it many times in the past. I always consult with others on any date changes, and if the majority agree, the date gets changed.

On this particular photo I guess we will have to agree to disagree 8)


Well, disagreeing is not the worst thing in the world. At least we are able to talk about it.

To tell you the truth I have spend several emails on pictures that were (IMO) dated wrong but without result or answer. I will just try again. No harm done.
:D

Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:36 pm

Leroy wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
Leroy wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:This is not from 1973. It is 1976 for sure. Look at this link from 1976 and one from 1977 in similar coats;

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ego76.html

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... plane.html


With all do respect Paul but there are more pictures dated wrong in your picture gallery. But again look at what he's wearing as a necklace. He wore that throughout the year. And look at his waistline. It's much more evident he has "grown" a bit. On the picture where this question is about he's thin. At least thinner that he was in 1976. These are the points to look at, not the fact he's wearing this coat because this coat is older than one might suspect.


If there are dates that are wrong, please feel free to email me and I will correct them if needed. I have done it many times in the past. I always consult with others on any date changes, and if the majority agree, the date gets changed.

On this particular photo I guess we will have to agree to disagree 8)


Well, disagreeing is not the worst thing in the world. At least we are able to talk about it.

To tell you the truth I have spend several emails on pictures that were (IMO) dated wrong but without result or answer. I will just try again. No harm done.
:D


I never got any emails. I just sent you an email with a new address to send me your emails.