Post here your Elvis' pictures

The effect of short sideburns or just a good angle?

Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:07 am

http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/files/ ... AS7451.jpg

Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:34 pm

They look real short to me!

Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:18 pm

Looks like 1968 comeback sideburns :wink:
Interesting picture, never saw this one...thanks :wink:
Lior

Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:52 pm

It's real difficult to date that pic !

Doesn't seem to fit with anything we're used to seeing !

Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:05 pm

I seen the concert the nite before so, I say..
Aug.28th.1974

Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:09 pm

I would have guessed 1974 also, given the stage outfit he has on. I never liked that particular suit, as it did nothing for Elvis. Cool pic, though!

Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:57 pm

The guitar suggests 74 and the lack of the Kenpo decal suggests pre (sometime in) September.

http://scottymoore.net/ep68J200.html

Jim

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:14 pm

It's from Vegas in August, 1974. Look at any photos from that engagement and you'll see he cut his sideburns a little shorter and thinner. He should've kept 'em like that. It was nice to see more two-piece leather outfits than jumpsuits, too.

Save his distended tummy, he looked pretty good. Sadly, the gut was due to his pill abuse, although few knew that at the time.

Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:56 am

Some more pics, from Skar's "The Concert Years." I wish Elvis had chosen the two-piece suits more often, as well, just not this particular one.

[img][img]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/KHoots/VegasSuit2.jpg[/img][/img]

Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:30 pm

I never really liked that suit but he looks so cool with those sideburns!

O.S.

Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:54 am

Thats a co-incidence I posted about the smaller sideburns on another site the other day.

This was probably the shortest Elvis had his sideburns in the 70's.

Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:25 am

Cool pix!!!!!

I've never seen his sideburns this short post '68-'69. It's really becoming......he should have kept them this way (especially considering how loooooooong they got '76 and onward)

Perhaps he didn't keep it this way because it was accidental. You know, the trimmer got a bit acrried away on one side, so the other had to be cut to match.

I did that with my moustache once.........trimmed one side too short, had to compensate on the other side. Cut that one too short as well. By the time I was done I had a nice little Hitler job on my upper lip :lol:

Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:30 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:It's from Vegas in August, 1974. Look at any photos from that engagement and you'll see he cut his sideburns a little shorter and thinner. He should've kept 'em like that. It was nice to see more two-piece leather outfits than jumpsuits, too.

Save his distended tummy, he looked pretty good. Sadly, the gut was due to his pill abuse, although few knew that at the time.

I absolutely agree; he looks younger and healthier than in a long time - apart from the stomach, the rest of him looks quite thin, which only makes it more disturbing. Something was wrong! It seems he wanted to make some changes at that time (different set list, the two-piece suits)
but it didn't last long.

Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:55 am

I think the long hair and long sideburns made his face seem fuler than it was (at times). I'd love to see a late 76 shot played arond with to remove te sideburns and give him back his ears!

Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:22 pm

Great pictures thank you for sharing them.

He does look a lot younger with the shorter sideburns, even his hair is shorter.

It was good to see him wearing something other than the jumpsuits. He did look good in a lot of 1974. He had definitely shed quite a bit of weight.

Sadly 1974 didn't produce many good mood concerts during that tour. He was taking something that didn't agree with him.

He also introduced the speech about explaining his rings and why he was telling the crowd about them... "because you paid for 'em!" Don't know who thought that joke up, but it was on a few occasions that Elvis delivered it. It seemed arrogant and out of character.

the effect of short sideburns

Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:45 pm

it looks just a bit short . the facial expressions looks like he was in TTWII. Its supposed to be 1974 .with that suit from Vegas .-

just a bit short, i feel - like 68 come back special.-

photos

Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:26 pm

My friend anne (psa) saw the man in vegas aug 31st m/s and sept 1st and 2nd she said that she saw him in two different leather suits a plain leather 2 piece suit and the wine glass suit, also the peacock suit and the tigersuit with black karate jacket on for the karate demo.
she was sat right in front of the mike for 2 of the shows and was rewarded with the sweat stained white scarf so im guessing that either the 31st m/s could be the date of wearing the suit pictured

EFFECT OF SIDEBURNS

Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:22 pm

this picture looks just like 68 with ttwii facial expressions .- i guess it was taken at a different angle. i believe that he dis many vegas shows - aug.4 .
nice suit tho -

u are alucky guy daz .- knowing anne( yo friend ) - i bet she has many memories of shows attended at this venue . :wink:

Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:38 am

Incredible photos!

Never get tired of looking at photos from this period. Something to show all those people who rigidly believe in a "super fat" Elvis for the duration of the 70's!

Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:10 am

these pics are great

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:37 pm

The picture date is August 29th, 1974, during the midnight show. He's wearing a cream coloured leather two-piece made by North Beach Leather. This is the one with fountain-like sparkles on the shoulders, and on some part of the legs.
During the final part of this engagement his hair and sideburns were the shortest ever during the seventies.

This was also the case during his July 1975 tour but not as short as here.

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:58 pm

Leroy, being as he looked darn cool in July 75 as well I got to thinking: what would happen to Elvis' appearance from something like the 77 CBS special if his sidies were partly airbrushed out ? hmmm....

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:39 am

I am afraid Elvis would have appeared more bloated. That was one of the reasons to let the sideburns grow more to his chin, to create a smaller jaw line. Take it away and you will reach the opposite

Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:05 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Save his distended tummy, he looked pretty good. Sadly, the gut was due to his pill abuse, although few knew that at the time.

Maybe not as much 'abuse' as you might think Doctor......a quote from a 2002 Ernst interview:

"But when you listen to shows from August 1974, they can generally not be faulted. What is wrong with those shows, is that after the day when Elvis cancelled on the 26th, he starts commenting on all the rumours. That ruins the later shows, but if you talk about musical performances, they are very very good shows, all of them. From day one to the last show. It’s only the erratic talking from the 27th onwards that ruins it: on the first few days very controlled, with comments that he’s "tired of that", but they expand, as does the karate routine and the talking about it. It’s obvious that Elvis has been deeply hurt by the stuff that’s circulating, and I also think it’s very likely that he actually had the ‘flu on the 26th, as opposed to being "strung out!". I think that is very likely.