Post here your Elvis' pictures

GREAT 75 CANDID

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:21 am

One of the best 70's candid I've seen.
Taken in 75, elvis is with linda, dick grob, billy smith and joe......
I'm just so sorry to show it to you this way :oops: :oops:

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:37 am

This has been posted here recently.

It's really hard to agree that this is "One of the best 70's candid." Between 1970 and 1977 there were scores of great candid images, just look at Paul's section on FECC!

Maybe seeing the photo properly scanned might make it more enjoyable.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:47 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:It's really hard to agree that this is "One of the best 70's candid."

it was just my opinion....sorry if it has been posted before :?

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:47 am

It's certainly an unusual shot, but let's be honest, he looks like a bad Elvis impersonator. Why oh why didn't he drop the jumpsuits after Aloha?

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:43 pm

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:57 pm

Delboy wrote:It's certainly an unusual shot, but let's be honest, he looks like a bad Elvis impersonator.
Why oh why didn't he drop the jumpsuits after Aloha?

This has been debated at length on here.

As I said before, the jumpsuit had passed its sell-by date by the time of the Aloha concert, let alone in the later years.

Haha

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:31 am

Mrs Rockin' Robin Rosaaen money maker rip off....

Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:35 pm

This is quite an interesting photo on several fronts.

First, to my eyes it looks like he's wearing the "dog collar" chain around his neck. I believe that he only wore that during the July tour of 1975. Maybe this was taken after the afternoon show he performed in Norfolk, VA on July 20, 1975, since he wore this suit w/ the dog collar?

Finally, if the photo is indeed from July 75, why is Linda there? I thought Elvis was accompanied by another woman during this tour?

Any thoughts here?
Last edited by Big Boss Man on Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:21 pm

It (the photo) wasn't taken on tour! The photo is a candid taken (in Memphis) sometime between July 24th and the opening in Vegas, some three weeks later! I still believe the photo was taken at Madison Cadillac, down on Union!
If it was on tour, then Presley would of had a white scarf (scarve) intact and the limo backed up to the rear (or the inside) of the backstage area!

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:44 pm

Are you sure about that Funkyangel?

I never heard of Elvis going out in public wearing a jumpsuit! :lol:
Plus, if this was "after a show", which it appears by the look of his hair this was, he wouldn't be wearing a scarf, although he may have a towel wrapped around his neck?

Too bad this photo isn't more clearer.

Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:27 pm

Please don't tell me my hero went out in public (i.e. off stage) looking like that...

Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:46 pm

Tits McGhee wrote:Please don't tell me my hero went out in public (i.e. off stage) looking like that...

ImageImageImage

Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:53 pm

Hey Funk, please tell me those snaps were snapped after a show. He didn't go shopping dressed like that, did he? Or go for petrol like that. Or go to the gym like... no he didn't do that.

Pizza, anyone?

Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:11 am

Tits McGhee wrote:Hey Funk, please tell me those snaps were snapped after a show. He didn't go shopping dressed like that, did he? Or go for petrol like that. Or go to the gym like... no he didn't do that. Pizza, anyone?

Why would Presley drive himself home/ hotel/ airport after a gig :roll:! I'm sure Presley (overly medicated) went about town wearing the jumpsuits! Like he said ' . . . I need 'em man'!

Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:19 am

Funky,

Is it not possible that Elvis was perhaps just driving himself home from the airport in Memphis after a gig when the pic in the Gypsy / Aztec suit was taken?

I can't believe Elvis wore his stage suits off stage. Is there no other explaination? Was he not maybe en route to / from a gig / the plane / a car? Maybe he was on his way home from a show and got distracted?

As for the flying suits worn in early 75, they don't look too bad as casual wear.

Big boss man - Linda was indeed on the July tour, for some of the dates - see below...

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... eps75.html

Thanks Paul for the pic. It shows Linda with Elvis in Charleston on the 12th. Elvis was a busy boy around this time!

Here's a link to the original thread featuring this pic - funky, it was you who posted it! The consensus at the time was that it wasn't Madison Cadillac, and included posts from people who's family worked at Madison, and would have remembers a jumpsuited Elvis!!!

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... highlight=

Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:30 am

DarrylMac wrote:Funky, Is it not possible that Elvis was perhaps just driving himself home from the airport in Memphis after a gig when the pic in the Gypsy / Aztec suit was taken? I can't believe Elvis wore his stage suits off stage. Is there no other explaination? Was he not maybe en route to / from a gig / the plane / a car? Maybe he was on his way home from a show and got distracted?

:roll: So, in your opinion, Presley flew home to Memphis after his gig in Uniondale, NY (July 19th '75 E/S), only to return for a afternoon performance, the day after in Norfolk! It (the photo) may belong to Presley's whereabouts in Asheville! Look at his left cheek bone! I don't know about you, but I can see pimples on his skin! Besides, anyone who cares to notice, the inflamed face!

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:58 pm

Funky,

The could be pimples, but also, if you look at the roof of the car, and his sleeves, it's raining, so they could just be raindrops on the window.

As for the explaination of why Elvis was driving himself, I don't know the answer, but I still can't believe Elvis wore stage suits as casual wear.

After all, we've seen the pics of him leaving his hotel in 1977, and getting behind the wheel of a car as he was unhappy with the accommodation, so why not decide to drive himself to / from a gig back to the hotel / plane / wherever in this pic?

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:54 pm

We've seen countless photo's of EP getting into the back seat of a car after a concert, still in his concert gear. I'm sure he drove sometimes as well in these situations.

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:10 pm

DarrylMac, glad you mentioned about the raindrops! ) Inregards this topic, I love a good debate! I may be wrong, but Presley was never that big @ both June or July tours!

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:35 pm

Funky,

I'd agree with you about the May / June tour, but in July, he was certainly as big as in the candid pic...

He wore the Blue / Silver phoenix suit for 2 matinee shows on the July tour - Norfolk VA on July 20th, and July 12th in Charleston WV. In fact, Linda was definitely in Charleston, as she can be seen in pics of Elvis leaving for the evening show. Maybe this is the date of the pic?

If he was leaving / returning from that show, that would explain the daylight time, and Linda's presence.