Post here your Elvis' pictures

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:15 pm

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:Guys, it is my fault. I do deserve this. His comments are justified, i did the wrong thing.

you just posted a link.
You didn`t scan the picture in HQ and ask everybody to download them.
you just wanted that other people enjoy the picture, too.

You are not the first to do so and also not the last.

I`m not saying that it is okay, but the way certain people are explaning you that this was not okay and why it was not okay, is really a shame.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:20 pm

No Susan, this is going on for an entirely different reason. I'm ashamed to tell it, but:

Its because i said i had the whole FTD collection copied for free

There you go. Hard to type again, but thats why this is happening to me, and i deserve it, really.

I know that has changed things, but i just ahve to say, i really love your site. Please keep up the good work. That is not a comment to mend things, but i've just always wanted to say it.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:49 pm

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:No Susan, this is going on for an entirely different reason. I'm ashamed to tell it, but:

There you go. Hard to type again, but thats why this is happening to me, and i deserve it, really.

I know that has changed things, but i just ahve to say, i really love your site. Please keep up the good work. That is not a comment to mend things, but i've just always wanted to say it.

Scott, owning the entire FTD collection on CDR doesn't make you deserve this. It has become quite sad that 15 year old people are getting bashed/insulted by multiple "adult" people likt this. I guess these people where born rich enouh to buy everything they want original and imediately when it is released.

Don't let them get to you mate, you're ok in my book.

great great

Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:36 pm

... Mr the cock, keep your nose out of this, please. Ive never been rich

in my life. I had to save money, like everybody else, to buy new, and

old releases. And thats why its called a hobby, snotty pants.

O yeah, we copied songs on to cassette, in the old days. But thats

because a lot of material wasnt available in the shops anymore.

Thats quite different from getting a large collection of pirate cd titles

that are all still FOR SALE. Comprendo?

Re: great great

Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:47 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote: Comprendo?

My Spanish isn't as good as it once was, so if you could translate the above in a normal english (of nederlands) reply it would help me a lot.

Oh, and Mr. Rijff, please refer to me by my actual name, as it's too early in the argument to insult eachother by changing names. Let's keep that sort of things for when we reach page 10 of this, upcoming, discussion.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:12 pm

Get your facts straight, 'Unchained' (perhaps that is about to change?), you never made a design for me. You made a design for Peter Haan.

Oh yeah, that poster you promised me of my own photo. First you said you were going to send it, then you decided that it was too expensive to send, and told me I could just pick it up next time I was in Hague. Then, next time I enquired about it, you'd already given it away. Terrific chap!

Anyway, I just talked to Laurens, and as can be expected, he was livid. Which is fair enough, because his photographs are his only means of income. So I gave him all the necessary info, including address. He said that charges would be around € 1.000 per photo. Bon appetit!

The funny thing is that these people who constantly steal photos from books, etc., usually get real uptight whenever somebody 'steals' one of their designs. Now, how do you spell 'hypocrisy'? :?

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:22 pm

Why don't you guys fight your own little battles through PM? :wink:

Cheers, RJ

great great

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:29 pm

... Okay, K. o. c. k, lets stop here.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:03 pm

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:No Susan, this is going on for an entirely different reason. I'm ashamed to tell it, but:

Well, this is not my case but I know hundreds and hundreds of people that have the entire FTD collection in CDR and sell it for 3 dollars a copy. You´re not alone on this. :lol:

Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:51 pm

Renan wrote:Well, this is not my case but I know hundreds and hundreds of people that have the entire FTD collection in CDR and sell it for 3 dollars a copy.

That many ? They should be named, shamed & boycotted !

I know many of us copy & share the odd recording, but not FTD stuff !

If the FTD label doesn't get the support it needs, it will fold !

Then no one will benefit.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:23 pm

Renan wrote:

Well, this is not my case but I know hundreds and hundreds of people that have the entire FTD collection in CDR and sell it for 3 dollars a copy. You´re not alone on this. :lol:

Renan, Scott explained in another thread that someone on this board had given him the complete FTD collection on CDR, but that he didn't ask for that.

He doesn't copy them himself, he doesn't sell them .... he just enjoys them untill he has replaced them all in time with originals.

Yet, he's being punished for just having them !

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:59 pm

stefan kock wrote:Renan, Scott explained in another thread that someone on this board had given him the complete FTD collection on CDR, but that he didn't ask for that.

He doesn't copy them himself, he doesn't sell them .... he just enjoys them untill he has replaced them all in time with originals.

Yet, he's being punished for just having them !

Is this what you believe stefan? Lets cast our minds back...

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:
Guys, i really, personally could'nt give a damn about having originals or not. The sound is still the same regardless, i don't give half a crock of sh*t if they're originals. They're Elvis, and thats all that matters to me. I am as happy as a pig wallowing in mud with these, if that does'nt make you happy, thats your problem. ITS STILL ELVIS

But i must say, i do prefer to get the boxsets for my own. Thats really worth buying, the packaging and booklet is always good for me. Besides, as far as i'm concerned, the FTD packaging ain't worth it. I bought ST 77 for FIFTY BUCKS Australian, and what do i get for packaging? A friggin cardboard case, only the content lived up to the price.

Might i also add that i got all of these for FREE=Nil, zero cost.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:29 pm

Chris, point taken. Still that only applies to the last part of my post.

If he wouldn't had gotten them on CDR he probably wouldn't have bought them anyway. So, eitherway the money wouldn't have gone to FTD in this case.

Still, owning them on CDR doesn't justify the amount and tone of insults he has gotten. If something has to be said, then it has to be against the one that coppied them for him (the sender) and not Scott (the receiver) imo.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For the record, I'm not for copying official stuff ! FTD has to be supported all the way. But please, don't "kill" a 15-year old kid for having CDR copies. He'll grow up. We all did !

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:22 pm

Chris, point taken. Still that only applies to the last part of my post.

No, he didn't ask for them, but he happily (& extreamly gratefully) took them.

If he wouldn't had gotten them on CDR he probably wouldn't have bought them anyway. So, eitherway the money wouldn't have gone to FTD in this case.

Agreed, but then why should he have the material?
To coin a phrase used now & again on this board: Your logic is flawed.

Still, owning them on CDR doesn't justify the amount and tone of insults he has gotten. If something has to be said, then it has to be against the one that coppied them for him (the sender) and not Scott (the receiver) imo.

If you read my above post again you may understand some of the, shall we say, ill-will.

I agree the "ill-will" should be directed more-so (lets face it there was a fair bit of misguided gloating on Scottys behalf when he originally brought this to light) at the sender, but I doubt very much if we will ever know who this is.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:05 pm

Robert wrote:Why don't you guys fight your own little battles through PM? :wink:

Cheers, RJ

I agree....take this stuff elsewhere....ever hear of IM's?

This board is getting ridiculous with all the fighting...... :(

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:34 pm

ChrisG- the younger wrote:Chris, point taken. Still that only applies to the last part of my post.

No, he didn't ask for them, but he happily (& extreamly gratefully) took them.

Agreed, but then why should he have the material?
To coin a phrase used now & again on this board: Your logic is flawed.

If you read my above post again you may understand some of the, shall we say, ill-will.

I agree the "ill-will" should be directed more-so (lets face it there was a fair bit of misguided gloating on Scottys behalf when he originally brought this to light) at the sender, but I doubt very much if we will ever know who this is.

Although just 15, Scott's tenure in the "doghouse" has not been that long. I say he's taking a well-deserved licking.

Renan wrote:

ColinB wrote:That many ? They should be named, shamed & boycotted !

I know many of us copy & share the odd recording, but not FTD stuff !

If the FTD label doesn't get the support it needs, it will fold !

Then no one will benefit.

Renan, do Brazilian Elvis fans support the FTD label AT ALL?
I mean, how many are there that could even want Elvis soundboards, outtakes and "deluxe" album verions?

Sounds like a lot of free-loading to me. You of course steer clear of these people and such activities, right? :lol:

Copyright

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:10 pm

Btw, hunderds of photos in fecc PICTURE GALLERY are not copyrighted? Or are they used with permission of all their authors? Just curious...

I do not think that it is neccessary to make an affair if someone scan few photos and publish them on web... my personal opinion.

A lot of my photos (nature, fishes, butterflies, people etc...) was used for some related websites without my permission, but once I published them somewhere, I lost control over them. I can live with this fact ... no need to sue anybody.

Re: Copyright

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:53 pm

deadringer wrote:Btw, hunderds of photos in fecc PICTURE GALLERY are not copyrighted? Or are they used with permission of all their authors? Just curious...

I do not think that it is neccessary to make an affair if someone scan few photos and publish them on web... my personal opinion.

Yes, I agree.

There is a difference between a commercioal enterprise, like publishing a book for profit, and 'publishing' photos on a website for fun and entertainment only.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:23 pm

I know i have not done the right thing, however i am a serious Elvis fan. Last year i saw at a RECORD shop, not a cd shop, a record of the Pot Luck album. I knew it was a rare album, and even when i saw the $60 price tag on it for just a single record (When i had bought the EIC double for just a mere $25) i knew i would'nt have an opportunity liek this possibly again. Later on a copule months later i saw it was on Ebay for 4 times under that price tag at just $15. Thats just the way it goes soemtime, but i don't regret getting the album.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:04 pm

Scott, you made a mistake, don't worry about it, you'll make more as you get older. Try to learn from them, that's all.

Or better

Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:08 pm

Or even better, try to learn from mistakes that other people are doing :-)

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:14 pm

Man, some of these posts just wanna make me leave this forum for good.
Why can't you guys take your fights behind the curtains and let's keep this an ELVIS-forum.

Not so Sincerely this time
Brian

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:29 pm

bripet56 wrote:Man, some of these posts just wanna make me leave this forum for good.
Why can't you guys take your fights behind the curtains and let's keep this an ELVIS-forum.

Not so Sincerely this time
Brian

I agree, Brian...the fighting is getting absolutely ridiculous..... :roll: :roll:

This is an Elvis board...not a flippin' fighting arena... :( :cry: :roll:

Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:28 am

:D So Mr Tallhair is very special indeed. The only person in Holland who NEVER made a copy on Cassette from anything. Not Elvis or any other artist. Not from any source. Not from friends, radio nor library. Very special indeed. As we say in Holland: I suspect he's got a big lump of butter on his head. That must be the way he keeps his hair so tall :) Ever heard the word forgiveness ? Come on hippie, if you want to change the world because you think you're holy there are friendlier ways. No need to bully a fellow Elvis fan.
When I was fifteen ofcourse I taped anything I could lay my hands on after I'd already spend all my money on (just a few) records. So you really cannot understand one tiny bit why a kid would do such a thing ? I'd say the kid in his learning process has showed more than enough remorse and he's aware now of what he did, and you just might shake hands with him to clear the air and show you've been through some sort of growing-up process too :wink:

Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:54 am

Well said Ringrock. I usually come to this site to get away from from all the fighting I hear about in the media, so its annoying to find Elvis fans bickering over very trivial things on my favourite site. We are all Elvis fans together ,and on the scale of things there probably isnt that many of us left these days so we should try to settle our differences more kindly and quickly. As the old saying goes , "No tree has branches so foolish as to fight amongst themselves ".