Post here your Elvis' pictures

great great

Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:39 am

... A hippie, moi?

And yes, ringrock, Im very special, indeed.

Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:14 pm

Foregiveness is a virtue, which holds the middle between "forgetting" and "constantly remembering".

Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:32 pm

Back to Boston '71..........

A certain member here kindly mailed me this tremendous cd.

Just want to say "Thank 'ya verrrry much"!!!!!

You know who you are, you are...........though I just now learned you are a "special hippie" :lol:

Re: great great

Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:26 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:Comprendo?

Comprendo? After making the post, Ger then asked himself 'Do I understand?' iT'S COMPRENDES, Ignorante.

great great

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:28 pm

... O why you so kruel to me, jove? Andda on deux threados at ze zame

time? me stillo learn, yes? No?

Bugger off, snotty nose!

Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:14 pm

Scott is an Elvis fan. That means everything. At 15, who could blame him for taking the FTD releases offered to him? The mistake he made was telling people he had them.

I only buy original FTD's, to support the company. But if I were 15 and on a tight budget, I would probably do the same as Scott did.

It's good to share photo's of Elvis over the Internet. I've come across tons of rare shots on the Internet - that's the world we are in now, it's made a forum for people to share rare pictures. If you aren't making a profit from them and giving credit to the photographer I don't think it's the worst crime in the world.

I don't agree with slating a 15 year old Elvis fan - when us wrinklies are 6 foot under, they will be the ones carrying on the Elvis legacy.

Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:17 pm

It was his snotty (even gloating) tone and words that sparked the well-deserved spanking, Get-Lo, and not all of us are all that old or full of cash, for that matter.

I'm still not sure what the benefactor thought he had in mind. The idea should be to spark an interest in collecting, be it masters (Scott's admitted not having all of them) or FTDs - not supply the entire collection.

That someone copied all of them makes you wonder what the objective was of the CD-R Sugar Daddy. :smt017 :lol:

Surely many of us have used CD-R's as a springboard to real collecting but hearing it crowed about rubbed folks the wrong way, from a 15 year-old, no less.

Anyway, Scott has already sincerely apologized his comments. We've all moved on, for the most part.

But being "shamed" and "in the doghouse" is a natural part of life.

Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:32 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Renan, do Brazilian Elvis fans support the FTD label AT ALL?
I mean, how many are there that could even want Elvis soundboards, outtakes and "deluxe" album verions?

Sounds like a lot of free-loading to me. You of course steer clear of these people and such activities, right? :lol:

Sincerely? :lol:

Including myself 5 people that buys original FTDs.

People that have all FTD collection in CDR? More than 2.000 not exagerating in the number. We have a large fan club here.....and consequently "thiefs" as some here dare to say.

But again, there ain´t no way to stop that.

Re: great great

Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:35 am

Jove wrote:
Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:Comprendo?

Comprendo? After making the post, Ger then asked himself 'Do I understand?' iT'S COMPRENDES, Ignorante.

ae cambada de fio da puta! oceis vão tudo tomá no seus cú!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:21 pm

Renan wrote:
Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Renan, do Brazilian Elvis fans support the FTD label AT ALL?
I mean, how many are there that could even want Elvis soundboards, outtakes and "deluxe" album verions?

Sounds like a lot of free-loading to me. You of course steer clear of these people and such activities, right? :lol:

Sincerely? :lol:

Including myself 5 people that buys original FTDs.

People that have all FTD collection in CDR? More than 2.000 not exagerating in the number. We have a large fan club here.....and consequently "thiefs" as some here dare to say.

But again, there ain´t no way to stop that.

Well, a little peer pressure wouldn't hurt, Renan. That's what goes on here. It's not about picking on people but asking everyone to pull their weight and support FTD and even importers.

Very few of us are independently wealthy, but if we knew that literally 1000's of fellow ELvis fans were going the CD-R route, you'd think someone would be up in arms about all the free-loading. Sooner or later, things will dry up if folks all think that's okay.

And if you wanted to get to the bottom of it, you can get all five of you in the room and chat. :evil: :lol:

I find it hard to believe that there are that many Brazilian fans that would care about outtakes and live soundboards, anyway. That number seems awfully high. Even in the US, how many Elvis fans really are into FTD-level collecting?

The only caveat might be that, after all, Brazil just does not have the wealth of many of the nations represented here among fans.

I hope they enjoy their crappy CD-R collections. :twisted: :lol:

Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:52 pm

Not a high number since we have 190 million of people living in Brazil and Elvis is very known here.

We had events during the 90's that used to participate more than 1.000 fans!!

And people here really support FTD. Not in the right way but they do. :lol:

The last event I went was in a mall and we probably had 5.000 people participating. Really good isn't it?

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:14 pm

Not too shabby...

Let me guess: the outtake(s) of "Silvia" go over really well. :lol:

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:07 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Not too shabby...

Let me guess: the outtake(s) of "Silvia" go over really well. :lol:

Yes. Also Always On My Mind and Suspicious Minds!