Post here your Elvis' pictures

GREAT GREAT pics from Boston 71 AKA One night only

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:25 am

You need to join TCB world to view them, but by god these pics are the perfect companion to the great cd

http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/browse ... rchid=1126

great great

Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:26 am

... p*ss off thief!

Re: great great

Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:08 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... p*ss off thief!

That site (TCB-World) is also about the same:

Ripping-off the works of others, claiming as one's own, & otherwise using the efforts of others for their own gain.

JMO, based on first-hand experience.

N8 / Captain Elwood David

great great

Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:24 am

... That explains why Scotty feels at home there.

One big family of rip off artists.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:29 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... That explains why Scotty feels at home there.

One big family of rip off artists.

Much agreed.

N8

Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:39 am

Really nice atmosphere in here.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:44 am

Denman wrote:Really nice atmosphere in here.

Keep it in context:

If you were the one being ripped-off, you'd understand.

N8

great great

Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:49 pm

... Teach me a thing or two... ? Youre funny.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:16 pm

unchained wrote:I kind of like some of your work “Ger”, to bad you got such a shitty attitude. When your done telling everybody how good you are your welcome at a real forum and we can teach you a thing or two. But work on that attitude first....... :?

Hey "Flash"
Doesn't seem to me like he's got a "shitty attitude", just tellin' it like it is.

What's the problem?
Did somebody upset the cdr crew :cry:

Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:37 pm

Those are some great photos, to say the least. I have always wished for some like that from the Tuscaloosa show later in that tour. We attended that show and so far all I have been able to find is one 8 x 10 that I purchased from George Hill that was taken during "Suspicious Minds".

But still great shots....

Virtual Crayons & CD-R's ............

Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:03 am

unchained wrote:The tcb-forum forum is not about ripping pictures Cappy. It’s about people like you and others uploading pictures for your Elvis buddy’s (if you got any?). Just wanted to get the record straight Cappy.

You guys couldn't set the record straight even with a ruler to go along with your crayons (same thing applies to your sh***y creations).

Ripping-off the works of others:

Ripped-off photos from others .............. (Bonja - and others - agree on this one, too, remember?).

Claiming as one's own:

Ripped-off photos from others .................. that are now your own because you changed ONE pixel in them ............... or because the pictures weren't allowed to be taken in the 1st place .......... so that makes them everybody's. (Hint: not my lame arguments, either).

Using the efforts of others for their own gain:

Like I said, first hand experience on the receiving end of that one.

unchained wrote:It’s about people like you and others uploading pictures for your Elvis buddy’s (if you got any?).

Yes, "unchained", ........ I sure have some, some you've never seen, too.

As you say, ............. I do share them with my "buddies." :wink:

unchained wrote:I kind of like some of your work “Ger”, to bad you got such a shitty attitude. When your done telling everybody how good you are your welcome at a real forum and we can teach you a thing or two. But work on that attitude first........

Ger's cv (look it up) speaks for itself - in the real world.

The only thing you guys can teach him (at a "real forum") is how be two-faced & backstab each other behind-the-scenes.

I know which side needs the attitude work, ................ & it ain't Ger.

Have a good one, & enjoy coloring your ripped photos - wanna-be Da-Vinci's (again, not my lame comparison). :lol:

Have a Happy,

Cappy / N8

Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:22 am

Ger, I'm one of those who has a lot of time for your work because the 50s Elvis is also my favourite era, but seems to me you are getting a little carried away here. Are you going to follow every post he makes with something abusive? Hasn't the point already been well made? What I find odd is that you're attacking a 15 yr old kid at every turn for doing something almost every single member of this board has done at some point. Those with no CDRs in their collection will be in a small minority. Hell, the trade section is full of CDR trades, including some well respected members of the board. I don't see you telling all those guys to piss off after every post they make. What's the difference? Or is he an easy target?

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:33 am

Jeez, those creeps have used more than 40 pics from "Caught In A Trap" alone. It's obvious that they've been scanned directly from the book.
I'll call Laurens van Houten tomorrow, and see what he wants to do about it. He's used to dealing with copyright thieves like the scumbags behind TCB world, so no doubt it's going to be a costly affair for them.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:44 am

Rock Legend wrote:Jeez, those creeps have used more than 40 pics from "Caught In A Trap" alone. It's obvious that they've been scanned directly from the book.
I'll call Laurens van Houten tomorrow, and see what he wants to do about it. He's used to dealing with copyright thieves like the scumbags behind TCB world, so no doubt it's going to be a costly affair for them.

Amen, brother, amen.

If I were in LvH's shoes, I'd do exactly the same thing.

Cappy / N8

PS - Boy, The Mansion must be hopping now with more chaos than usual (inside joke, folks ........ :wink: ).

PPS - In fairness to TCB-World, .... not all are thieves, ........... some are just idiots.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:09 am

I share some of Ger's view here, but all I really care about is that "a 100 years from now," that all of this work should somehow be in the public domain (or just "available"). I do hope that no one goes so far as to attempt to take these photos with them.

I enjoy looking at TCB on occasion, but was unware such things happened. Is it a case of the "bootleggers" being bootlegged or not? I don't like it either, but I'd imagine that EPE would like to take it all over - if they could.

We've discussed broadcasting and recording rules, but what are the rules for photography as far as copyright laws in Europe, or the USA? How long does, say, Albert Wertheimer, have the rights to his classic photos? Until death? His family...?

Ger? "N880EP"?

Pathetically yours,
"Greg" :wink:

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:32 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Ger? "N880EP"?

Pathetically yours,
"Greg" :wink:

Speaking for myself, ..............

When you can overcome your pathetic fallaciousness (as in the post above), .............. then I'll be more than happy to help you further (on this matter & others).

In the meantime, ........... please don't stalk me (if you would be so kind).

My thanks in advance, Tonto.

N8

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:47 am

"Stalk," Moi? :lol:

Seriously, I'd like your imput and Ger on this issue.

I do know a noted American blues and jazz photographer who has greeted the advent of the internet with some disdain for the reasons mentioned above.

Apparently, he's finally taken the plunge with an internet site after folks told him how to proceed.

Still, the issue remains that as soon as you "publish" your photos (on the internet or on paper), some cad with a scanner is sure to follow.

On a "know-nothing" "I'm-just- fan-just-enjoying-himself" level (such as Scott and his infamous collection of CD-R's of imports and FTD's), it seems innocent enough - one could argue.

But given the work that people put into this profession (publishing, copyrights, access, marketing), it does seem wrong and downright "anti-Elvis" in the big picture as you'll not see many follow-ups as a result.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:28 am

I did'nt post these pictures ever thinking of the copyright laws. I posted them for fellow Elvis fans to enjoy. Sure, such stuff is involved, but i did'nt think of that. All i thought is when i saw these pics, i'd share them for fans who'd never seen them to enjoy.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:53 am

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:I did'nt post these pictures ever thinking of the copyright laws. I posted them for fellow Elvis fans to enjoy. Sure, such stuff is involved, but i did'nt think of that.

And therein lies the problem.

I must admit to enjoying the TCB galleries, and all told, my own attitude is too whimsical, and N8 should, after this post, accost me for it, but there we go. However, I don't make covers (certainly none that are published on the web), nor do I ever present images as my own when they are not. In short, I am not a thief, but I perhaps don't look upon such material with the prudence and integrity it deserves (as it pertains to copyright/ownership).

I hope something amicable can be arranged. However, if the images are forced down, then they are forced down; the original owners are well within their rights to pursue such legal action.

Personally speaking, despite my own confession above, I would never just scan-n-upload. That's bad. But, with those images already being up, I'd be completely lying to you if I said I didn't browse them frequently, constantly seeing what's new, and also what's maybe old and unseen. But I understand the anger entirely. They've put a lot into that site, but you've put a lot into your collections, and the law is on your side.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:49 am

It seems from time to time that the Elvis scenery is a somewhat class-divided society: the ones that have it all, the ones that know it all and the ones that are only there to get bashed up for being ... something.

I also wonder each time by myself that persons just like Ger react in such a strong way. Your reputation in the Elvis-world is undenied, but your behaviour is really disconcerting from time to time.

Scott is a 15 year old boy who is nothing less excited about Elvis as you were in your younger years. You didn't start writing books at his age neither, didn't you? It would serve you well, if you would behave more wisely at the age you are in. There's no need for a man with your reputation to react in such a way.

@Rock Legend: You haven't exactly covered yourself with glory in the past.

Joern

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:53 am

TJ wrote:

Ger, I'm one of those who has a lot of time for your work because the 50s Elvis is also my favourite era, but seems to me you are getting a little carried away here. Are you going to follow every post he makes with something abusive? Hasn't the point already been well made? What I find odd is that you're attacking a 15 yr old kid at every turn for doing something almost every single member of this board has done at some point. Those with no CDRs in their collection will be in a small minority. Hell, the trade section is full of CDR trades, including some well respected members of the board. I don't see you telling all those guys to piss off after every post they make. What's the difference? Or is he an easy target?
What I don't get: Ger says he doesn't want to waste his precious time on most 70's work and live material, but somehow he has enough time to "hunt" on Scott and bash every post made by him? :roll:

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:03 pm

Guys, it is my fault. I do deserve this. His comments are justified, i did the wrong thing.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:03 pm

TJ wrote:the trade section is full of CDR trades, including some well respected members of the board.

Sorry TJ, who are these well respected CDR traders again?