Post here your Elvis' pictures

Canada 57

Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:36 pm

Hey, everybody.. got something cool, which I was given in Canada (I was given an original, how cool is that??), thought everybody might enjoy a look - this will eventually go on EAPSociety.com when I finally get time to update it...

http://www.jamieaaronkelley.com/misc/ElvisOttawa1957.jpg

Hope you like it. :)
Last edited by JamieAKelley on Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:02 pm

Wow, what a shot, thanks Jamie!

Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:06 pm

That is a beautiful pic. Love those panoramic looks at an Elvis show...

Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:03 pm

Fantastic photo! Thank you for letting us see it.

Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:34 pm

Jamie, that is one awesome photo.
Thanks for sharing

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
http://www.fly.to/brian56

Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:05 pm

hello JAMIE
How are you man ? thanks for that wonderful picture!
long time since you wrote here...
dont know if you remember me, we met in Memphis in 2002, i was wearin that red viva las vegas jacket
take care ....
sncerely
LIOR

Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:18 pm

Awesome picture Jamie....... :wink:
PEP 8)

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:24 pm

Great photo form my hometown 8)

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:39 pm

It's indeed a terrific, verite moment -- Wednesday, April 3, 1957, either the afternoon or evening performance. You can see it all, even the advertising banners on the back wall. Someone had a very good seat!

Any guess as to the song?

It appears Elvis has just put down his guitar and, with Jordanaire Hoyt Hawkins on piano, the other three Jordanaires already singing at the mic, and Scotty and Bill playing a chord, perhaps they're revving up the intro to "That's When Your Heartaches Begin"?

Thanks also, Jamie, for posting the shot as a link. At 1096x1154 pixels, an image display would ruin the formatting of the page.

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:53 pm

Hi, Lior,

Doing ok - headed 8 hrs away to Indiana, had a cousin who had a very bad heart attack, is unconscious but still alive (doctors said he'd only last 10 min after being taken off of life support but it's been over a day... that is an absolute miracle and we're leaving now to see him), I just think it's amazing and had to mention that, say a prayer for him for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Other than that I'm ok, but trying to do 10 million things at once.. lol pm me a picture, as I think I remember you but want to be sure - hope you're doing ok!

Thanks, everybody, and Doc, you're welcome - I decided to upload with a link because I didn't want anyone to miss out on the details of the picture, but still wanted to post it, so using links made a good compromise. I have another from Chicago 57, and as I get more in my travels I'll share them when I'm able to. :)

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:03 am

Dear JAMIE
I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin, i promise that i will pray for him & send him all the good energy & mind .
i can send you a picture of me, just send me your E.mail ( my e.mail: Liorelvis@walla.co.il )
im doing good, i perform with my band tribute to Elvis & other 50- early 60 artists, thanks for asking
Take care my friend
sincerely
LIOR

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:20 am

Super picture. Damn shame E didn't play Calgary.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:31 am

What a awesome photograph! Thanks for the upload! Cheers!