Post here your Elvis' pictures

Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:43 pm

Scatter wrote:If someone had cut mee off at the knees that way after 20 years of friendship, casting me and my family adrift like so much garbage, you better damn well know I'd strike back.

We've tried, but you won't leave. We had to give up.

Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:16 pm

Quitter....... :lol:

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:53 pm

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:When i first read the book, i could'nt believe the stuff i was reading, i did'nt know if it was true, it was terrible. It is not tame compared to other stuff written about him, it is the worst of the worst.

You gotta be kidding. A lot of the dates and so forth are wrong (that's down to poor memories and bad research), but the rest is based on true instances that have since been expanded upon in other publications.

There's lots more crap in the Goldman book, and others that have followed since. We all have skeletons in our cupbaords, and Elvis was no different. He wasn't the God-like angel some people build him up to be.

I don't fully agree that these stories should have been told in a book, but I do agree that Red and Sonny (I'm not so bothered about Hebler) were treat like sh*t by Elvis. They deserved better than that.

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:58 pm

Tits McGhee wrote:
Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:When i first read the book, i could'nt believe the stuff i was reading, i did'nt know if it was true, it was terrible. It is not tame compared to other stuff written about him, it is the worst of the worst.

You gotta be kidding. A lot of the dates and so forth are wrong (that's down to poor memories and bad research), but the rest is based on true instances that have since been expanded upon in other publications.

There's lots more crap in the Goldman book, and others that have followed since. We all have skeletons in our cupbaords, and Elvis was no different. He wasn't the God-like angel some people build him up to be.

I don't fully agree that these stories should have been told in a book, but I do agree that Red and Sonny (I'm not so bothered about Hebler) were treat like sh*t by Elvis. They deserved better than that.

They may have treated them like sh*t the last year, but lets not forget the twenty years prior. Also with me I lost respect for Red when he tape recorded EP behind his back, that was low.

Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:23 pm

Joe Car wrote:
Tits McGhee wrote:

They may have treated them like sh*t the last year, but lets not forget the twenty years prior. Also with me I lost respect for Red when he tape recorded EP behind his back, that was low.

Eh? You lost respect for Red when he tape recorded EP behind his back? What about all those concert-goers who did the same thing? Have you no respect for them either?

"Daddy, go and sack those naughty bodyguards for me. I'm too wacked out to do it myself. Plus, they might get angry with me if I do it. Then we'll hire lots of yes-men who'll agree with everything I say." How can you respect that?

Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:16 pm

Tits McGhee wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
Tits McGhee wrote:

Eh? You lost respect for Red when he tape recorded EP behind his back? What about all those concert-goers who did the same thing? Have you no respect for them either?

"Daddy, go and sack those naughty bodyguards for me. I'm too wacked out to do it myself. Plus, they might get angry with me if I do it. Then we'll hire lots of yes-men who'll agree with everything I say." How can you respect that?

Tits, I know you like to slam Elvis whenever possible, but now you're being ridiculous. If you can't see the difference, then there's no use debating you.

Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:53 pm

I'm only stating facts. Sometimes the truth hurts if you can't remove those rose-coloured glasses.

Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:04 am

Tits McGhee wrote:I'm only stating facts. Sometimes the truth hurts if you can't remove those rose-coloured glasses.

Tits, you don't have a clue. What does anything you have to say have to do with the creepy tape recording by Red West, that's as low as it gets.

Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:08 am

The only thing creepy about that tape recording is how much off his tits Elvis is - slurring his speech and talking garbage. But I suppose that was down to his "medication" - you know, all the stuff he got "legally" from "proper" doctors. Because Elvis never took anything that wasn't prescribed, did he?

Why shouldn't Red have taped the conversation? He'd been treat like sh*t by his best friend and was probably trying to work out why.

Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:59 am

Tits McGhee wrote:The only thing creepy about that tape recording is how much off his tits Elvis is - slurring his speech and talking garbage. But I suppose that was down to his "medication" - you know, all the stuff he got "legally" from "proper" doctors. Because Elvis never took anything that wasn't prescribed, did he?

Why shouldn't Red have taped the conversation? He'd been treat like sh*t by his best friend and was probably trying to work out why.

Tits, you're making yourself look stupid, enough already.

Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:11 pm

I read somewhere that Red taped the conversation because he wanted to have a proof if Elvis threatened him. He was probably aware that Elvis wasn´t too happy with the upcoming book.

//Björn

Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:44 pm

[/quote]

Err..... I think we all know who's making himself look stupid, and it ain't me. You obviously can't see past your nose.

Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:53 pm

Tits McGhee wrote:

Err..... I think we all know who's making himself look stupid, and it ain't me. You obviously can't see past your nose.[/quote]

You know something Tits, this picture section has been great and for the most part positive. I for one will not go back and forth with you and let it get like the main forum. Post your negative crap all you want, go ahead. You will not get anymore responses from me in this section of the forum, adios.

Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:12 pm

Bye, bye, Joe.

Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:17 am

The book was a low form of betrayal because of the timing of Elvis' death.

Had Elvis gone through a successful rehab in the fall of '77, the West's would've looked like Elvis' best friends.

All a question of timing and perspective.

Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:34 pm

Terrific point Ted......

Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:33 am

There is a section of the recording where you can tell that it was plain invasion of his privacy and enough already! The bodyguards (no doubt nice folks today) but real asses back then treating fans viciously as if Elvis' life was in danger when it wasn't. They were unhappy with Elvis and his/their situation and innocent people got hurt because of their mood.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:38 am

Fair enough JL.......but Elvis had been threatening (via telephone) the lives of the "businessmen" who had gotten him entangled in the Presley Center Courts fiasco.

And let's not forget that Red and Sonny still had contacts within the MMM who would have related the threats Elvis had made against their lives.......

And let's not forget that Red and Sonny were the ones Elvis had previously pressured to find a hit man to whack Mike Stone........

And let's not forget that Elvis was the one concocting pharmaceutically driven plots to assassinate the drug dealers in Memphis........

You have to put the taping in the context of these events and Elvis' deteriorating mental condition. When Red says the taping was done as a precaution, you can be assured that such precaution was necessary due to Elvis' increasing psychological/emotional instability.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:23 pm

After hearing the tape I don't find any part of it where Elvis appears at all threatening. Perhaps Red used that as an excuse? If it wasn't a threatening phone call, then why use it at all?

It sounds like Red was using an extension phone left off the hook to record the conversation, as there is a lot of background noise to it. Elvis even comments about the noise on the line. That's when Red says about the 'party line' - (you could have a few people talking on one line to each other... a bit like a conference). I can't find my transcript of the phone call, but the link on here doesn't seem to have all of the conversation.

I can understand Red's anger at Elvis, but the book wasn't written to help him, it was written for the money. In fact, Elvis's drug use got even worse when he heard the book was coming out. So it did nothing to help him.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:30 pm

Getlo wrote:After hearing the tape I don't find any part of it where Elvis appears at all threatening. Perhaps Red used that as an excuse? If it wasn't a threatening phone call, then why use it at all?

It sounds like Red was using an extension phone left off the hook to record the conversation, as there is a lot of background noise to it. Elvis even comments about the noise on the line. That's when Red says about the 'party line' - (you could have a few people talking on one line to each other... a bit like a conference). I can't find my transcript of the phone call, but the link on here doesn't seem to have all of the conversation.

I can understand Red's anger at Elvis, but the book wasn't written to help him, it was written for the money. In fact, Elvis's drug use got even worse when he heard the book was coming out. So it did nothing to help him.

Well written Getlo, EP never threatened him at all during this conversation. He even asked if he needed anything, (most likely his way of giving Red money indirectly). Wonder how long West had that tape recorder sitting there, waiting for the phone call from Elvis he knew was going to come?

Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:14 am

OK......so Red was a rival of the Amazing Kreskin now??? He KNEW that Elvis wasn't going to threaten him before the call came??

Your exercise in 20/20 hindsight is useless. The fact is that ELVIS HAD BEEN THREATENING THEIR LIVES FOR NEARLY A YEAR. It was pretty reasonable to assume in the light of the facts I've presented (and you've ignored) that Elvis might well do the same on the phone.

Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:33 am

Scatter wrote:OK......so Red was a rival of the Amazing Kreskin now??? He KNEW that Elvis wasn't going to threaten him before the call came??

Your exercise in 20/20 hindsight is useless. The fact is that ELVIS HAD BEEN THREATENING THEIR LIVES FOR NEARLY A YEAR. It was pretty reasonable to assume in the light of the facts I've presented (and you've ignored) that Elvis might well do the same on the phone.

The point of EP's call was a gesture to help Red out indirectly. It's always been said that EP never said he was sorry, perhaps the phone call was his way. When did Elvis threaten Red anyway?

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:47 am

Don't bother arguing with him, Scatter. Elvis was perfect and never did anything wrong in Joe's eyes. Everything bad that happened was down to the Colonel or the MM. I HATE that line of thinking. It's so damn naive and childish, but there are fans who think that way.

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:31 am

I think Elvis came out of the phone conversation in a sympathetic light
rick

Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:32 pm

Joe Car wrote:
Scatter wrote:OK......so Red was a rival of the Amazing Kreskin now??? He KNEW that Elvis wasn't going to threaten him before the call came??

The point of EP's call was a gesture to help Red out indirectly. It's always been said that EP never said he was sorry, perhaps the phone call was his way. When did Elvis threaten Red anyway?

Goodness Joe..........Elvis had been threatening the Wests since O'Grady came to him with the news that they were contracted to write a "tell-all". And it began escalating exponentially with every piece of the manuscript O'Grady managed to get into Elvis' hands.

Pretty common knowledge.........Billy Smith, the Stanley idiots (for what that's worth),Geller,Esposito, basically anyone within earshot of Elvis in private for the last year has reported this. And, considering the contacts the Wests still had within the MMM, there is litle doubt they had reason to be concerned.