red leather suit

Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:16 am

Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:25 am

As (forever) seen on Pauls page!
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 32676.html

Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:12 pm

great thank you

Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:38 pm

Does anyone know who took these pictures? A reporter who had rushed to the scene of the accident? An eye-witness? A police officer, who was a fan? What do you suppose the other three men who are looking into the camera on photo #3 are thinking? Also on photo #1 on Paul's page, is that hair/skin on the right side? Somebody in the back seat?

Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:15 pm

I believe these picture were taken by Bill Burke. They were from one of his books.

Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:35 pm

Just because the photos appeared in one of Bill Burk's books does not mean he took the photos.

In fact, I doubt if Bill himself ever took a photo of Elvis. He's a terriffec researcher and has written some great books but he was a journalist with the Press Scimitar, NOT a photographer.

Sincerely
Brian

Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:51 pm

On the cover of Bill E. BurkĀ“s Elvis World magazine, Spring 1987, the copyright of the photo is given to Mark Stansbury.

Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:55 pm

Was Elvis "alone" on the crash-site that night? In all the other similar pics his usual hangers-ons was swarming around, but in the pics from the crash I can't recognize any of the MM. E climbs out of his car at the drivers side, and the car seems otherwise empty. Was he on his own that night, or perhaps it was just him and Linda going out for a ride?

Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:51 am

Elivs, you were such a badass!!!

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:21 pm

according to a Bil Burk interview several years ago this was one of the moments that Elvis was out alone, without his bodyguards
He did that often

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:30 pm

If you look closely in the color-pic in the link above, however, E is sitting in the passenger's seat, and what could be a glimpse of a longhaired person in the backseat can also be seen. So I don't know.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:59 pm

FVH wrote:If you look closely in the color-pic in the link above, however, E is sitting in the passenger's seat, and what could be a glimpse of a longhaired person in the backseat can also be seen. So I don't know.

Actually, it looks almost as if Elvis is leaning over from the driver's side.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:20 pm

I have always heard that Elvis drove the car but David Stanley was with his. That might explain the somewhat long haired figure in the back seat.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:26 pm

maybe he grab the right police badge