Post here your Elvis' pictures

Houston '76 Candid!?

Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:00 pm

Unless I am proven wrong (and I am all for corrections, as you all know) I think these candids (the concert shot is!) belong to Houston, August 28th, 1976! The file name suggests they are, so . . . . .
ImageImageImageImage

Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:21 pm

Funky, they might indeed be from Houston August 28th 1976.

When looking at the pictures of Elvis boarding the Lisa Marie after the performance (from Shavers The Life Of Elvis) you can see that (as far as I can see) David Steanly is wearing the same T-shirt as on your pictures and (correct me if I'm wrong) Ed Parker seems to have "spickels" on his collar in your picture above which can be seen (far more clearly) on pics in Shavers The Life Of Elvis from that same event (Elvis boarding the Lisa Marie). Also the glasses look the same.

Perhaps someone can upload the pictures from that book as I don't have a scanner at the moment.

Re: Houston '76 Candid!?

Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:28 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Unless I am proven wrong (and I am all for corrections, as you all know) I think these candids (the concert shot is!) belong to Houston, August 28th, 1976! The file name suggests they are, so . . . . .
ImageImageImageImage

You have solved another date question - August 28th is the date 8)

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... imo76.html

Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:13 pm

Interesting, thanks! So this is Elvis heading for one of the worst performances of his career... !

Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:15 pm

That's it! You can clearly see in the limo shots that he is obviously under - slept, over - medicated! Although Shaver used a lot of film later on in the sequence of leaving the bus, boarding/ entering the plane; I'll just upload four shots!
ImageImageImageImage

Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:47 am

And yet he looks great in the smiling shot
rick

Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:49 am

Thanks for the pics funkeyangel, sad to see Elvis this way.

Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:37 pm

rickeap wrote:And yet he looks great in the smiling shot
rick

I agree, he looks better than expected in that shot... But the rest of the pictures tell a different story! And look at all the serious faces around him... everyone probably knew they were heading for a disaster!

Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:21 pm

Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:37 pm

These may belong to Houston '76! Presley does look bad behind the curtain!
ImageImage
Ed Parker does appear to have a bone - coloured shirt, so I am not really sure!

Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:20 pm

This is a Len Leech photo from Roanoke, August 2, 1976.

Last edited by The fool on Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:26 pm

The fool, thank you for the correction. It is, like always, very much appreciated! Cheers!

Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:32 pm

You´re welcome. I just scanned a better quality version of the photo, and replaced the earlier photo with it.

Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:14 am

Thanks for the last sets of pictures!