Post here your Elvis' pictures

Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:12 pm

Yes, I can imagine that it was a self esteem killer. Pretty sad to have made that kind of transformation in just three or four years really. Still makes you angry at the guy and sad all at the same time.

Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:05 pm

I would like to come back on the (supposed) Kansas City backstage picture with comedian Jacky Kahane. This picture was indeed NOT from Kansas City but from Ann Arbor on April 24th, 1977. I have spend several weeks comparing pictures. March is out of the question because his hair was already messy when he got on stage for the opening song. The reason fot this picture being Ann Arbor is in the way he's wearing his belt. The belt buckle is just a little right from the middle which is also the way he wore it on stage that night. And the shape of his waist is also the same.
I have posted two pictures for you to compare.

Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:27 pm

The only thing that throws me is the jewelry around his neck. Unless the longer chain is extremely crooked in the first picture, it seems as if the shorter chain is missing in the 2nd one. Unless it is hidden in the 2nd one by his right hand (seems doubtful though).

Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:44 pm

The chain you are refering to is the "Hebrew Chai". It is there but behind his hand. He wore it constantly during 1977. It did not miss a single performance.

Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:53 pm

This is not how he looked when he entered the stage in Ann Arbor. It could be before the Duluth or Saginaw May 3rd concert.

FECC Team

Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:58 pm

This picture wasn't taken when he entered the stage but halfway though the show.

Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:05 am

Has that second picture been altered? Why the fringe around Charlie and Elvis that ends with nothing but dark brown (save for a few random splotches)?

EDIT: It's definitely been altered. But I guess it isn't pertinent.

Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:27 am

This picture wasn't taken when he entered the stage but halfway though the show.

It doesn't matter and wasn't referring to the other pic. I attend the show and was seated pretty close. He never looked anything close to that backstage shot during the show from the minute he entered the stage.

FECC Team