Post here your Elvis' pictures

70's Candids!

Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:22 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage
1st image - IMO - Pontiac '75!
2nd image - Oct. '74 tour w/ Al wearing Presley' jacket!
3rd image - Definately July 10th '70!
4th image - 5th July '74 outside the Memphian!
5th image - your guess is as good as mine!

Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:34 pm

5th July '74 - outside the Memphian - arriving and leaving!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:42 pm

A brand new alternate angle of Presley and Ginger boarding the Lisa Marie in Kansas City, on June 19th '77, enroute to Omaha!

Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:52 am

Great pictures, thefunkyangel.

Here's another cool 70's candid;
the date is November 20, 1972 (at least I think so).

Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:48 pm

This photo has always disturbed me, in a sense that it shows Parker under pressure to bring out the 'circus' freak! Don't read to much into this, it's just my opinion! Presley looks so scared and frighten. Just look at the eyes!
Obviously Presley was not well, as the Press Conference clearly showed!
J thanks for uploading this image, it is very much appreciated! Cheers!

Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:58 pm

This I scanned from an old Japanese photo book. Elvis looks ok in these photos, though the video shows that everything was not ok.

Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:38 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:This photo has always disturbed me, in a sense that it shows Parker under pressure to bring out the 'circus' freak! Don't read to much into this, it's just my opinion! Presley looks so scared and frighten. Just look at the eyes!
Obviously Presley was not well, as the Press Conference clearly showed!
J thanks for uploading this image, it is very much appreciated! Cheers!

I'm wondering if this press conference was a spur of the moment thing, or was it planned well in advance. Either way, as much as it pains me to say this, it was up to EP to be mentally prepared, such as he was during his brilliant press conference a few months earlier in New York. Just a note, I can't believe how much EP and Vernon look alike in that sideview of Vernon.

Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:36 pm

Some more 70's candids.

Image Image Image Image Image

1st pic - Easter 1970.
2nd pic - At the Jaycees Ceremony (January 16, 1971).
3rd pic - November 12, 1972, at the San Bernardino airport.
4th pic - Again 1972, but no clue of the date.
5th pic - I think it's from 1974, but other than that, no clue.

Feel free to correct me if I got some information wrong. 8)

Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:54 pm

Joe Car wrote: Just a note, I can't believe how much EP and Vernon look alike in that sideview of Vernon.

It's not Vern!

Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:02 pm

J wrote:Image
3rd pic - November 12, 1972, at the San Bernardino airport. Feel free to correct me if I got some information wrong. 8)

Thanks for dating this image, as I didn't know when or where it was taken! If the place/ date are correct, please let Paul know.
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... jet72.html

Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:23 pm

J wrote:Some more 70's candids.

I'm really not sure but I think it was taken in june 73 in Atlanta, elvis is with Georgia governor

Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:41 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:
Joe Car wrote: Just a note, I can't believe how much EP and Vernon look alike in that sideview of Vernon.

It's not Vern!

Really, who the heck is it?

Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:54 am

The fool wrote:This I scanned from an old Japanese photo book. Elvis looks ok in these photos, though the video shows that everything was not ok.

[URL=http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hawaii728wf.jpg][img]http
://img82.imageshack.us/img82/921/hawaii728wf.th.jpg[/img][/URL]

Any info about those pics (place, date, etc)?

Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:40 am

They're nice shots from Nov 20, 1972. I have a little bit more footage from this conference that includes Japanese subtitles. Elvis expresses his desire to play abroad in Japan, England and Australia - IN FRON OF THE COLONEL! Elvis is askied what he thinks of his Japanese fans and he replies "I love 'em"! then giggles.
I'd love to see this whole interview in perfect quality.

Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:01 am

Spanish_Eyes wrote:
The fool wrote:This I scanned from an old Japanese photo book. Elvis looks ok in these photos, though the video shows that everything was not ok. [URL=http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hawaii728wf.jpg][img]http
://img82.imageshack.us/img82/921/hawaii728wf.th.jpg[/img][/URL]

Any info about those pics (place, date, etc)?

Yeah, they were taken at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, November 20th '72, during the Press Conference!

Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:14 am

I know we have touched upon this candid before, but silly me, I've forgotten the place/ date that we all established! I'm sure it was June 30th '76 in Greensboro! Obviously (unless I am mistaken!) it was taken when he landed in from Richmond! The second image was from after the gig that night! The third image is enroute to the venue!
ImageImage

Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:39 pm

elvis67 wrote:
J wrote:Some more 70's candids.

I'm really not sure but I think it was taken in june 73 in Atlanta, elvis is with Georgia governor

You might be right. I actually had no idea when the photo was taken. I just thought that it kind of looked like a '74 photo, so... but Thanks for the info. 8)

Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:04 pm

I've only seen it once in a paul lichter book without date

Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:16 pm

Thanks for sharing the candid pix of Elvis... really enjoyed looking at them :wink: