Post here your Elvis' pictures

September 4th '72 Vegas Candid!????

Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:00 am

Image courtesy of ForeverTheKing and TCB - World http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/showim ... 17156&c=48 Thanks guys!
I believe this shot does not pertain to the Aloha Press Conference, if you can correct me, then feel free to do so! Maybe it sans necklace!

Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:36 am

You are right. This picture was taken on another date. During the Aloha Press Conference Elvis wore a Navajo Flower Necklace. That one is not on this picture. If you look at his left shoulder you can also see a part of a black cape with Paisley lining. The same he wore in Chicago during the June 1972 tour. Maybe that's the date.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:30 am

The photo is from Joe Tunzi┬┤s first photo book Elvis, Encore Performance, and is credited to Steve Crane. There is just one other photo from him in the book.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:54 am

Unfortunately I do not own Tunzi's "Encore Performance" so I'm not able to compare but in "Encore Performance II" are 9 pictures of Elvis leaving the Fairmont Mayo Hotel in Tulsa wearing exactly the same clothes and rings. We're talking about June 20th, 1972. The pictures must have been taken after the concert because he's wearing a different shirt. His shirt matches the lining of the cape.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:12 pm

Fantastic shot! Amazing!