Post here your Elvis' pictures

Assorted candids!

Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:47 am

Although the first image is small (like the rest of them), it doesn't have the writing on it, like the bigger size' one, I recently uploaded! They are not in chronological order . . . I have no idea of the origin of the first, second and third image (Brian?) - the last one is from Ginger' grandmother's funeral!
ImageImageImageImage

Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:43 am

Funky, isn't that last one Elvis and Lisa leaving the Dec 76 Pittsburg concert??

Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:11 pm

Could someone please tell me how to see these great pics in a bigger size? Whenever I click on them I get "a chance to get a hot evening with (that idiot) Robbie Williams".

Thanks.

Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:51 pm

Funky!
Hard to tell on those small photos, but from the necklace and the suit he's wearing, could it be either the april tour or early July ' 76. I know he wore the suit when leaving Tulsa on the 5th of July, enroute to Memphis, but his hair looks a bit different in your photo, so I'm not sure.

Eivind

Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:21 pm

The second photo is from Greensboro NC on 30th June 76. The third is from West Palm Beach Florida on 13th Feb 77. The last picture is Elvis and Lisa leaving the Pittsburg concert of 31st December 76, so you would have to say it was Jan 1st 77.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:35 am

The last one was taken around the time Alden's grand mother was buried. Here is the enlargement!

Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:00 am

chris c wrote:The last picture is Elvis and Lisa leaving the Pittsburg concert of 31st December 76, so you would have to say it was Jan 1st 77.

With all due respect chris c . . . it would be highly unlikely Presley would change clothes at the venue (Civic Center Arena) after the gig (January 1st '77), then jump a limo to the airport and then fly back home to Memphis!
Please correct me if I am wrong! Cheers!

_________
jpeg junkie

Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:50 am

No, you might be right, Funky. That is what Lisa wore to the concert at Pittsburg, however! There is a b&w photo of Elvis leaving a hotel(?) in the same outfit, which you probably know. Can we date that one?

Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:08 am

Also, I guess you noticed that your photo is a split-second different from the little one posted above.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:35 am

Having checked with Guralnick's Day by Day, I see it says that Elvis left Pittsburg at 6.30 am, so he would have changed out of his stage suit by then, probably....?

Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:11 pm

I would say it is from after the Pittsburgh show as Lisa has the coat on she wore at the concert, so early on the morning of January 1, 1977.

Larger copies of those images would be great 8)

Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:02 pm

Fine, that's settled then. I never could believe this picture had anything to do with the funeral of Ginger's grandmother.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:08 pm

http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/showim ... 17058&c=47 Here is a slightly restored candid courtesy of ForeverTheKing and TCB - World! Isn't it such an awesome candid! I've never seen it before! Cheers!
thefunkyangel
jpeg junkie

Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:01 pm

That one is new to me, too, but what a beauty!

Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:18 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=17058&c=47 Here is a slightly restored candid courtesy of ForeverTheKing and TCB - World! Isn't it such an awesome candid! I've never seen it before! Cheers!
thefunkyangel
jpeg junkie

Incredible photo! They have some awesome pics at that site as well.