Post here your Elvis' pictures

Presley and the Ono's!

Mon May 29, 2006 10:27 am

I had this sent to me from a friend . . . thought I'd share with you!
Cheers!

Mon May 29, 2006 1:19 pm

Hi!

1973?

Regards//Björn

Mon May 29, 2006 1:49 pm

What a fantastic pic!!!!!!!!

Mon May 29, 2006 3:26 pm

Does anyone else like the jacket?

I have to take a time out from the board. XP has a glitch. It's no virus or other malware, already checked for that. Windows Explorer is faulty and slow, search doesn't work at all, repair program doesn't get any results, high-speed internet is slow (hello modem), lots of applications don't work. I'll try to fix it by the end of the week. Hopefully. You guys and gals keep uploading. I shall return.

Mon May 29, 2006 3:26 pm

Hi Funky! You must have overseen it, as I posted the picture on the 70s candids-thread :wink: . Anyhow. Nice it is, isn't it? :D

Mon May 29, 2006 3:56 pm

From just looking at the jacket and his overall appearance, my gut reaction would be Vegas, January 1974. Several candids from this season shows Elvis in this particular jacket. Just my two cents.
Eivind

Tue May 30, 2006 12:54 am

Funky -

With all due respect, your topic title is pretty rude. Just because they are Japanese doesn't mean you need to call them "Ono's".

If you email the Elvis World Japan Webmaster, I'll bet he can tell you exactly who these fans are, and why they got backstage access.

DJC

Tue May 30, 2006 1:51 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Funky - With all due respect, your topic title is pretty rude. Just because they are Japanese doesn't mean you need to call them "Ono's". If you email the Elvis World Japan Webmaster, I'll bet he can tell you exactly who these fans are, and why they got backstage access.
DJC

Lighten up Doc!
Presley Ono!

Tue May 30, 2006 5:24 am

thefunkyangel wrote:Lighten up Doc!

Lighten up? OK. Go ahead and choose to be coarse and offensive. Certainly, your reply greatly lowers my opinion of you.

You must not have many friends of Japanese descent. Well, I do.

Given how often I have helped with dating photos on this MB, perhaps second only to Brian, I am truly disappointed.

DJC

Tue May 30, 2006 5:39 am

For god's sake DJC, lighten up! The good people who work in my local sushi train, in which I frequent every day (for lunch), like me, so don't go making a mountain out of a mole - hill, okay!
Go ahead and choose to be coarse and offensive. Certainly, your reply greatly lowers my opinion of you! How can you say that, you don't even know me! Jim Dandy is the only person on here that knows me personally in real life, so unless you want me to change my opinion of you, then don't take things so seriously!

Tue May 30, 2006 7:23 am

thefunkyangel wrote:How can you say that, you don't even know me!

I've made my observations based on your words. I also suggested a resource to find out all the information on the image itself.

I'll bet not one of these women is named "Ono."

Here's an idea: why don't you print out this page for your friends who work at the "sushi train" and see what they think?

Best of luck. I'm done here.

DJC

Tue May 30, 2006 3:52 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

I've made my observations based on your words. I also suggested a resource to find out all the information on the image itself.

Here's an idea: why don't you print out this page for your friends who work at the "sushi train" and see what they think?

DJC

C'mon Doc, I think you're overreacting. What are we doing here if we can't have any fun once in awhile. Being Italian, I don't take offense when people label most of us as being involved with the mafia, even though that's not the case. :wink:

Tue May 30, 2006 4:48 pm

Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

DJC

C'mon Doc, I think you're overreacting. What are we doing here if we can't have any fun once in awhile. Being Italian, I don't take offense when people label most of us as being involved with the mafia, even though that's not the case. :wink:

...or when people think´s that I have polar bears strolling in my garden here i Sweden :D

Regards Björn (which actually means "bear" in Swedish")

Tue May 30, 2006 6:49 pm

Funky's just being funky, and he meant no disrespect. That's just his way, and no one should get uptight about it. Funky--"Don't change a hair for me, not if you care for me!"

I suspect this has as much to do with funky using the name "Ono" as anything else.

Tue May 30, 2006 9:08 pm

Joe Car wrote:Being Italian, I don't take offense when people label most of us as being involved with the mafia, even though that's not the case. :wink:

Where is Jimmy Hoffa? Do tell!

Uno - Due - Tre....

Wed May 31, 2006 9:56 am

Italian or not, here's the answer I got from mr. Haruo Hirose:

This picture was taken in February 1974. (I don't know exact date)
At Las Vegas Hilton. In front of Elvis is Ms Negishi. She asked Col. Parker
to meet Elvis. I don't know the details.

Eivind
Last edited by Eivind on Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 31, 2006 1:26 pm

haha presley ono pic way 2 kool funk..
Don't ever let others take away your humor!

Wed May 31, 2006 3:03 pm

Melanie wrote:
Joe Car wrote:Being Italian, I don't take offense when people label most of us as being involved with the mafia, even though that's not the case. :wink:

Where is Jimmy Hoffa? Do tell!

Uno - Due - Tre....

I've been sworn to secrecy. :lol:

Wed May 31, 2006 4:17 pm

Thank you funky, once again.

Wed May 31, 2006 7:50 pm

One of them is definitely an Ono because she was heard to say: "Elveees, you leave TCB groop to come and make music with me. I wear tampon on head and we sing on 'Top Of The Pops' together. I scleam like daft cow and the 'intellectuals' think it cool. Real cooly."