Post here your Elvis' pictures

' . . is Avis coming down!?'

Sat May 27, 2006 10:02 am

Courtesy of SimplyCilla.com http://simplycilla.com/mp/simplycilla/c ... =326&pos=0
This was taken inside Graceland' loungeroom (not Dodger' room) on the evening of June 17th '76 and since Presley hadn't been on the road, since the 6th (Atlanta) and wasn't schedule back out, until the 25th (in Buffalo), we know Presley was in residence! Interesting reading in Day By Day in the journal's of 7th June and 16th of June! I couldn't help myself, I am always researching/ cross - referencing, trying to put the never - ending jigsaw puzzle together! Enjoy! Cheers!

Sat May 27, 2006 11:41 am

Perhaps he was the photographer, and perhaps there are a number of other photos from the same occasion, some with Elvis in them, since it was his grandma's birthday.....

Sat May 27, 2006 5:40 pm

What room is this? I live about 2 hrs from Graceland and have been there several times and wish I could see all the house. I know there are some rooms behind the kitchen and some rooms downstairs they dont let you see. Where was Dogers room at?

Re: ' . . is Avis coming down!?'

Sat May 27, 2006 7:32 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Courtesy of SimplyCilla.com http://simplycilla.com/mp/simplycilla/c ... =326&pos=0
This was taken inside Graceland' loungeroom (not Dodger' room) on the evening of June 17th '76 and since Presley hadn't been on the road, since the 6th (Atlanta) and wasn't schedule back out, until the 25th (in Buffalo), we know Presley was in residence! Interesting reading in Day By Day in the journal's of 7th June and 16th of June! I couldn't help myself, I am always researching/ cross - referencing, trying to put the never - ending jigsaw puzzle together! Enjoy! Cheers!

With all due respect to the memory of Uncle Vester, that caption is incorrect. They are posing in the living room. You can see the stairs behind them. It can't be 1976 because there's no "red look."

Vernon also looks quite a bit beefier than he did by '76.

Looks more like '72 or '73 to me.

Sat May 27, 2006 10:13 pm

I believe the loungeroom and livingroom are one in the same. Where was her room loated in the house. I've heard and read that it was behind the kitchen and I read it was dowmstairs.

Any one know?

Sun May 28, 2006 12:32 am

Dodger's room (formerly Ma and Pa Presley') was indeed behind that wall (to the right of the shot!)! If you remember Presley himself was photographed with his parents, back in June '58! (in the same spot!)
Also on the night of December 28th '70 during Sonny West' wedding reception, Presley was photographed in the same spot holding rifles.
elvisjock, you are a champion! You're close observation (concerning dates/ interior colours) is very much appreciated and I thank you! Cheers!

Sun May 28, 2006 1:12 am

thefunkyangel wrote:Dodger's room (formerly Ma and Pa Presley') was indeed behind that wall (to the right of the shot!)! If you remember Presley himself was photographed with his parents, back in June '58! (in the same spot!)
Also on the night of December 28th '70 during Sonny West' wedding reception, Presley was photographed in the same spot holding rifles.
elvisjock, you are a champion! You're close observation (concerning dates/ interior colours) is very much appreciated and I thank you! Cheers!

Back at ya, Funky. I always thought the army photo was taken at the other end of the living room - by the music room entrance. But, now I see it your way.

Also notice that in both the Dodger photo and the shot of Elvis with the rifle, the same portrait hangs on the wall.

Sun May 28, 2006 3:24 am

elvisjock wrote: Back at ya, Funky. I always thought the army photo was taken at the other end of the living room - by the music room entrance. But, now I see it your way.

elvisjock, don't see it my way, just yet! You know, you may be right about the army photo taken at the other end of the living room - by the music room entrance! All I now know is, that is was taken in either posistion! I always love to be corrected, if needed!
elvisjock, keep observing brother! Cheers!

Sun May 28, 2006 3:29 am

Wow, I've just notice - I've just reached 1000 posts :smt023! Like I said, it's not a race . . .

Dodgers room

Sun May 28, 2006 5:21 am

I didnt know her room was the bedroom to the right of the stairs. You can see that room when you tour Graceland.

Re: Dodgers room

Sun May 28, 2006 2:26 pm

gwsells wrote:I didnt know her room was the bedroom to the right of the stairs. You can see that room when you tour Graceland.

That's the one mate, you hit the nail on the head! (If you didn't know) The room above Dodger's room is the office, and the room above the lounge/ living room is Presley's bedroom! When you walk through the front door, look up, and that is where the bathroom is. The room above the dining room is a dual bodyguard/ closet room . . and finally, the room above the kitchen is Lisa' bedroom!
Here is a 1961 photo of Dodger in her room, that use to be Vern' and Gladys' room!
Here is Father and son, in the same room mourning Ol' Ma Presley!

Sun May 28, 2006 5:23 pm

And, how it looks today. Picture courtesy of JamesVRoy...

Interesting point about the army shot possibly being taken near the music room entrance. I also assumed it was shot near the entrance to the living room.

Re: Dodgers room

Sun May 28, 2006 6:11 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:
gwsells wrote:I didnt know her room was the bedroom to the right of the stairs. You can see that room when you tour Graceland.

That's the one mate, you hit the nail on the head! (If you didn't know) The room above Dodger's room is the office, and the room above the lounge/ living room is Presley's bedroom! When you walk through the front door, look up, and that is where the bathroom is. The room above the dining room is a dual bodyguard/ closet room . . and finally, the room above the kitchen is Lisa' bedroom!
Here is a 1961 photo of Dodger in her room, that use to be Vern' and Gladys' room!
Here is Father and son, in the same room mourning Ol' Ma Presley!
[URL=http://imageshack.us][img]
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3420/fam164ao.jpg[/img][/URL]

I don't think that photo of Dodger was snapped in her bedroom. The window is too small. Compare to the present photo.

Mon May 29, 2006 12:03 am

I think the photo is taken pre-1972, the portrait on the wall is of Priscilla and I don´t think Linda would have approved that. Just my thoughts