Post here your Elvis' pictures

Panoramic 70's candids!

Thu May 25, 2006 3:34 pm

The recent inclination that there's a preference in panoramic on/off - stage shots, like the 27th July '76 (Syracuse) candid I recently uploaded, made me think of this shot on the 17th of June '77 in Springfield, Missouri!
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... start.html Paul's text somes it in a nutshell! C/O of Paul's Elvis Page!
Last edited by thefunkyangel on Fri May 26, 2006 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu May 25, 2006 3:45 pm

Thank you for posting this great pic. (Good Old Dr. Nick) :roll:

Dovey :wink:

Thu May 25, 2006 9:02 pm

awesome pic

Fri May 26, 2006 2:22 pm

Is that Jerry Shilling behind Dick ? (next to the copper)

Fri May 26, 2006 8:01 pm

That's not Schillling. It's Tom Hulett.

Sat May 27, 2006 3:47 pm

Shot from August/ September 1973 in Vegas.

Joern

Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:29 pm

Aloha From Hawaii

yellow buttons?

Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:56 pm

I think this GREAT picture is from March 1975.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:48 pm

The ultimate panoramic Elvis shot ever.. enjoy folks.. :shock:

Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:44 pm

sweet- does anyone have this in a bigger size?

Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:48 pm

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:56 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this GREAT picture is from March 1975.
is this shot from vegas? :?

Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:41 pm

Yes, Elton, it's from Vegas. Those light effects are pretty cool, don't you think?

Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:38 pm

j..yes i do. i was at the hilton and seen a show in '74
and don't remember them using this effect , but then
i was a little distracted..wink! :wink:

Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:54 pm

J wrote:I think this GREAT picture is from March 1975.

Ronnie actually lost one bass drum that evening..

Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:38 pm

What happened with RonnieĀ“s drumkit, you know that Robert? Is the picture re-touched?

Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:48 pm

J wrote:Yes, Elton, it's from Vegas. Those light effects are pretty cool, don't you think?

How can this picture have been taken in LV, if it looks like a round stage and ranks? I actually see people infront (left corner) and high up behind the stage. If this was the Hilton the photographer would have had do to what? Climb up the wall behind the orchestra or something? For that the angle is wrong and everything just doesn't ooze Vegas. For one thing I don't see any chandeliers. And those lit areas look like VIP lounges at venues. I have never heard that they actually lit the area below the balcony like that in Las Vegas.

Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:18 pm

Melanie wrote:
J wrote:Yes, Elton, it's from Vegas. Those light effects are pretty cool, don't you think?

How can this picture have been taken in LV, if it looks like a round stage and ranks? I actually see people infront (left corner) and high up behind the stage. If this was the Hilton the photographer would have had do to what? Climb up the wall behind the orchestra or something? For that the angle is wrong and everything just doesn't ooze Vegas. For one thing I don't see any chandeliers. And those lit areas look like VIP lounges at venues. I have never heard that they actually lit the area below the balcony like that in Las Vegas.

Melanie, the picture I posted is from Pontiac'75..

Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:19 pm

Melanie, the picture J posted definately is from Vegas, March 1975! I guess you're talking about the image posted by Robert, which is from a concert venue. Does anyone know where & when that was taken?

Edit: Robert just answered that question!

Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:37 pm

Thanks guys! I got a little irritated there with the unusual style of quoting.