Post here your Elvis' pictures

Denver '74!

Fri May 12, 2006 10:02 am

Can someone tell me whether or not these three are from Denver '74! If they are, can you kindly inform me of the date! For a while now, I thought these came from the Colo Radisson Hotel, Denver (November 11th '70 - whilst on tour!), but he looks a little heavy for it to be from '70! The bottom row (and #4 image) are from January '76!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fri May 12, 2006 10:12 am

Perhaps they could be! Maybe he put on a tie! Who knows? Hence my original question! I'm still confident there from '74!

_________
jpeg junkie

Fri May 12, 2006 10:19 am

Except for the n°1, 2 and 3 I have always seen the others as being dated : february 1976 . It's always puzzled me since elvis seems rather thin compared to other pics taken at that time

Fri May 12, 2006 10:19 am

Funky,

I misread your post so deleted my response. You'd already mentioned the '76 ones. I think your original dates are correct. 1970 for the first three and 1976 for the rest.

Re: Denver '74!

Fri May 12, 2006 11:49 am

thefunkyangel wrote:Can someone tell me whether or not these three are from Denver '74!

The first three are Nov '70, the rest are Jan-Feb '76. Brian probably can tell you the location for each.

DJC

Fri May 12, 2006 12:23 pm

Funky, Elvis played Denver on November 17, 1970. Here's a pic of Elvis receiving his honorary police badge from Denver Police Chief George L. Seaton on same date.
I believe your pix are from either same date or the next day before Elvis flew back home to Los Angeles.
Yours are from same date as the ones where Elvis kneels beside a case of guns.

Sincerely
Brian

http://www.brian56.dk

http://www.fly.to/brian56

Fri May 12, 2006 2:11 pm

drjohncarpenter, there is no way the first two are from November 1970!
Here are the ones from N70 -
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
The question still remains . . . are these images (below) from '74? They don't look like '76!
ImageImage

Fri May 12, 2006 2:33 pm

It's the same curtain and lamp in the background. So my guess is all are from 1970. I seem to recall reading somewhere, that these were taken at a private home. The hat on the last two images seems to actually belong to the person next to him. The man can be seen wearing it in the N70 photo, that is a little unsharp. Also note that in 1974 Elvis wears a diffrent jacket [double-breasted] and stripes? on his collar.

Edit: grammar
Last edited by Melanie on Fri May 12, 2006 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri May 12, 2006 2:33 pm

Still keeping with in the 1974, does anyone know when/ where these were taken!

Re: Denver '74!

Fri May 12, 2006 3:23 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Can someone tell me whether or not these three are from Denver '74! If they are, can you kindly inform me of the date! For a while now, I thought these came from the Colo Radisson Hotel, Denver (November 11th '70 - whilst on tour!), but he looks a little heavy for it to be from '70! The bottom row (and #4 image) are from January '76!
ImageImageImageImage

He does look much thinner. Would've been a great time to ditch the jumpsuits.

However, he looks ILL. Compare his appearance to early summer of '75. He never again looked healthy, even when his weight was down.

Fri May 12, 2006 3:45 pm

Regarding the two pics you are convinced are not from 1970: check out the last of these two and you'll see the tassles/fringes of the very same belt he's wearing on the other shots. This plus every other aspects of these pics makes it clear that all the shots are indeed from the same date.

Fri May 12, 2006 4:32 pm

Funky, you can trust the Doc and everybody else telling you the three first pix are from November 1970. If memory serves me well they were taken at the home of Jerry Kennedy who is the man in the white shirt. Elvis is in fact wearing Jerry's police uniform and police cap.

Here's another pic that was also processed in Dec 1970. Same guy as in one of Funky's pix but he has a white t-shirt instead of the black one when he poses with Elvis in Funky's pic. Elvis is even wearing the same tassle belt as in the other pix. Clearly the pix are from same locations.

Sincerely
Brian

http://www.brian56.dk

http://www.fly.to/brian56

Fri May 12, 2006 7:48 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:drjohncarpenter, there is no way the first two are from November 1970!

Yes way.

DJC

Fri May 12, 2006 10:33 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
thefunkyangel wrote:drjohncarpenter, there is no way the first two are from November 1970!

Yes way.

DJC

Ditto that, Nov. 1970 for sure 8)

Sat May 13, 2006 3:28 am

Okay, thanks guys. I have stand to be corrected!