Post here your Elvis' pictures

Horace Logan wearing an Elvis button

Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:48 am

Just watched "Louisiana Hayride-Cradle of the Starts", they show a picture of Elvis on stage with Horace Logan, upon closer look he's wearing an Elvis button. I wonder if this picture has been doctored, I can't picture an adult man wearing an Elvis button at that time in the '50s, and the picture on the button I always placed as being taken after Elvis' hayride days.
close up: Image

the button looks to be this picture: Image

Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:27 am

Cool pictures, thanks for posting them.

Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:30 am

Didn´t John Lennon wear the same button on his Mind Games video?

Re: Horace Logan wearing an Elvis button

Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:54 am

Memphis wrote:I wonder if this picture has been doctored, I can't picture an adult man wearing an Elvis button at that time in the '50s, and the picture on the button I always placed as being taken after Elvis' hayride days.

It's authentic. The photo was taken at Elvis' final "Hayride" gig, a benefit, on December 15, 1956. Since the tape of the whole show is apparently in the hands of BMG/FTD, maybe we'll hear Elvis make a reference to it in the near future!

DJC

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Memphis wrote:I wonder if this picture has been doctored, I can't picture an adult man wearing an Elvis button at that time in the '50s, and the picture on the button I always placed as being taken after Elvis' hayride days.

It's authentic. The photo was taken at Elvis' final "Hayride" gig, a benefit, on December 15, 1956. Since the tape of the whole show is apparently in the hands of BMG/FTD, maybe we'll hear Elvis make a reference to it in the near future!

DJC

Thanks Doc,
You mean audio tape right?

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:12 am

The fool wrote:Didn´t John Lennon wear the same button on his Mind Games video?

I don't think I've ever noticed John Lennon wearing a picture button, I remember seeing a pic of him wearing a jewel encrusted Elvis name pin, on a rooftop. I'll have to watch that video.

Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:34 pm

Memphis wrote:Thanks Doc, You mean audio tape right?

Yes -- I've never heard of any film footage from this date.

DJC

Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:52 am

The fool wrote:Didn´t John Lennon wear the same button on his Mind Games video?

Oops, I was wrong. Wrong button. Here are some screenshots from the video of Lennon wearing a ´56 flasher pin.

ImageImageImage

Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:55 am

Pretty cool anyway!

John never hid his love for Elvis and his music -- it changed his life. No Elvis, no Beatles! John also wore a huge "ELVIS" pin on his jacket at the 1975 Grammy Awards.

Rock on, John. Rock on, Elvis.

DJC