Post here your Elvis' pictures

August 29th, 1969 Candids!

Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:32 am

Celebrating Nancy Sinatra's Opening at the International!

Enjoy!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

The image below is not from the 29th! Note Vern' attire!

. . feel free to add more images :lol: !

Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:23 pm

Man, did he look good or did he look good!!

Sincerely
Brian

http://www.brian56.dk

http://www.fly.to/brian56

Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:38 pm

The sad part about it, was Presley had less than eight years to live!

Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:05 pm

Great post Funky - and great photos!! There where at least 8 that I had never seen before. Elvis did indeed looked great in 1969. Andhis hair and clothes where flawless althrough the year!

Here are a few more from August 29.
Image Image Image Image

Funky - great thing noticing the difference in what Vernon is wearing on these photos. But there is actually one more way to tell that we are dealing with two different nights. On the photos from August 29 Elvis is wearing a pin on his jacket, on the othe rone he is not. So I think it i s safe to say that at least #16 is not from August 29. Maybe #19 also. Another way to tell this is what Priscilla is wearing. On August 29 she's wearing her v-necked fringe dress. On this other night she's actually wearing a black dress. And her hair has more curls in it.

Image Image Image Image Image

If I am wrong on any of my assumptions, please tell... I would love to get all of these babies dated (correctly)! :D

Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:39 pm

I used to think that this first photo was from August 29 until I noticed that the neckline of her dress is different, as well as her hair. On the 29th the dress has a v-neck but here it is more of a U-shape. :D And her hair has more curls in it. So here it is together with three more photos I believe is from the same evening.

Image Image Image Image

Whatever one might think of Priscilla as a person, one can't deny that she was one foxy lady! 8) And in 1969 Elvis and she was one cool couple!!

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:58 pm

Cool pictures, man Priscilla used to be so good-looking :lol:

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:55 pm

Little Sister, thank you soooo much for your most valuable, constructive, informative input! I learnt more about the night in question, just by reading your replies then I did, with my own research! I tell you, you have made my morning! I just woke up and it's 7am AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) - now I'm going to make myself some coffee :lol: ! Cheers L/S!

Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:43 am

Great pix and thoughts Little Sister.

Is it just my pix that are badly coloured or did Elvis wear a brown suit just like the blue/black in the other pix?? The ones where he sits with Priscilla in the booth in Las Vegas looks like he wears the brown suit as in the one I've posted here.

In the pix where Elvis wears this pin on his jacket Pris has her V-shaped top on. Just like in the b/w pix in the booth where Elvis is to the left in the pic.

In the pic where Elvis do NOT wear the pin Priscilla wear the U-shaped dress. Just like in the two colour pix in the booth where Elvis sist in the right side of the pix.

Probably just my pic that is mis-coloured!!

Sincerely
Brian

http://www.brian56.dk

http://www.fly.to/brian56

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:25 am

Great pictures funky & Little Sister! 8)

Anyone happen to know a date for the picture Brian posted??
It was taken at the end of August '69, right?

Here are also a few more from the same day/walk.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:42 pm

Incredible pics--thanks!! I especially like the look on Vernon's face in the third shot of funky's original post. Something struck Ol' Vern's fancy in that snapshot!

Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:54 pm

They truly were a beautiful couple, my god. Khoots, great observation. Everybody who contributed with pics and added info, thanks again!

Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:50 pm

This is a wonderful thread. These photos have always been among my favorites, as they were such a beautiful couple. And Fred Astaire is there.

J wrote:Image

This is a photo from an old magazine. You might notice that it looks a little bent. Especially left corner at the top. That's because I took this picture of the site last year, as I don't have a scanner. At that time I wanted to know if the guy is carrying a film camera or regular still camera.

Re: August 29th, 1969 Candids!

Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:54 am

thefunkyangel wrote:Celebrating Nancy Sinatra's Opening at the International!

Enjoy!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

The image below is not from the 29th! Note Vern' attire!

. . feel free to add more images :lol: !

Elvis and Priscilla were the best looking couple ever. They both look perfect in those photos.

And be careful what you hear about Priscilla not being a nice person. The majority of people seem to like her. Nobody is a saint or an angel.

Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:21 pm

Priscilla and Elvis they were pure magic :wink:

So beautiful together. Especially in her Vegas period , Pris was in my opinion at the peek of her beauty.

Altough it went so wrong between the two of them, I do hope they have had some wonderful years together, with lots of love and laughter.

I have some additional pics you all will enjoye too:

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:51 am

Thank you for letting us see these beautiful photographs, I cant imagine another man ever to have the same looks as Elvis ever, he was a one off, unique, fine speciman of a man. If only.............

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:34 pm

Melanie wrote:This is a wonderful thread. These photos have always been among my favorites, as they were such a beautiful couple. And Fred Astaire is there.

J wrote:Image

This is a photo from an old magazine. You might notice that it looks a little bent. Especially left corner at the top. That's because I took this picture of the site last year, as I don't have a scanner. At that time I wanted to know if the guy is carrying a film camera or regular still camera.

It's a still camera. He is holding the camera flash in his left hand. Probably taking some of the pictures we are seeing here!

Thank you for the pictures on this thread - one of the best years for Elvis and Priscilla.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:58 pm

He was stupidly good looking in 1969.

Seriously. I get dumber just looking at these photos.

No guy should look THAT good. It just aint right!

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:07 pm

Cryogenic wrote:He was stupidly good looking in 1969.

I know. He also looked incredibly cool dressed to the nines in his own unique
way.

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:58 am

Cryogenic wrote:He was stupidly good looking in 1969.

I agree. He had the most amazing voice - wasn't that enough! :shock: Good looks, amazing voice, talent... in fact, everything. Oh yeah, and loads of fans! Lucky SOB!

Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:18 pm

Brad M wrote:Cool pictures, man Priscilla used to be so good-looking :lol:

What do you mean USED TO???

Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:10 pm

Dya ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight ?

Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:48 am

Awesoem pics guys!

But some of those photos Cilla don't look all that happy. The strain looks liek its already showing

Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:10 am

elvis-fan wrote:
Brad M wrote:Cool pictures, man Priscilla used to be so good-looking :lol:

What do you mean USED TO???

:shock: ... like i said, "Used To" :wink:

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:11 am

You can take one's worst picture and believe me we all have them or you can take one's best picture.

I have one of Pris here and I must say being 61 years old she still is a beautiful women.

Wish she didn't have plastic surgery tough, she was beautiful enough and could have aged perfectly the way she was

Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:36 am

riley wrote:You can take one's worst picture and believe me we all have them or you can take one's best picture.

I have one of Pris here and I must say being 61 years old she still is a beautiful women.

Wish she didn't have plastic surgery tough, she was beautiful enough and could have aged perfectly the way she was

It's amazing what an airbrush can do...