Post here your Elvis' pictures

Paparazzi

Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:02 pm

The following images have been uploadeded by Funky in the Easter thread. I copied them here, because they possibly fit in.

ImageImageImage

Have these photos been taken by a paparazzo?
What do you think?

Considering the amount of pictures, that have been taken by fans, in my opinion there are considerable few paparazzi shots, if any.

All I can think of is a b/w photo of a California home, on the terrace. By the pool. Possibly The Beatles in the driveway and arriving to testify in the paternity suit.

So my next question is weren't photographers after exclusive Elvis candids to sell to tabloids? I can't really imagine that. Or weren't the paparazzi chasing celebrities back in the days? Not that I wanted them to annoy Elvis et al.

paparazzi

Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:15 pm

... There are hundreds of Elvis/ paparazzi photographs in circulation.

During the 60s& 70s, these so called moviestar gossip mags, in the US, were

filled to the brim, with them. Many were taken in Vegas.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:36 am

I was born in the 80s--but I collect vintage magazines and I noticed that in the ones I have from the 50s (and even before that) and early 60s, there are more posed photos and happy stars--and then later, as the year go by, you see more photos of them that seem like the tabloid photos of today--stars with the sunglasses on, glaring at the camera...stars in their yards, etc.

I think the stars of today just don't appreciate their fans like the stars of yesterday did...you have to pay them outrageous amouts for decent photographs--you probably had to pay back then but also I think it was part of the contracts of contracted movie stars to get out there and jump into the camera frame any time good publicity came along...and contracting to specific studios went out in the early 60s I think (?)...maybe the stars of yesterday hated the photo ops but atleast they put on a good show for the fans before it all stopped for good.

- Stacy

Re: paparazzi

Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:31 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... There are hundreds of Elvis/ paparazzi photographs in circulation.

During the 60s& 70s, these so called moviestar gossip mags, in the US, were

filled to the brim, with them. Many were taken in Vegas.

Thank you very much for the information. I don't have any of those gossip mags, so I had no idea.

What happened to the photos / negatives, that are not in circulation?
Stored in vaults of photo agencies? Ended up in the trash?

Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:36 pm

dreamalittledream wrote:- Stacy

Welcome to the board!

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:17 am

Thanks! I figured it was time I stopped lurking and registered lol :)

- Stace