Post here your Elvis' pictures

Buddy Holly

Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:06 am

BH on the extreme right side at EP first appearance in Lubbock TX 1955

Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:36 am

Elvis appeared in Lubbock that January, but this photo may be from June. Brian, do you know for sure?

DJC

Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:31 am

Thanks for the picture :wink:

Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:05 am

Buddy Holly was an AMAZING talent. Just INCREDIBLE. A true TALENT.

There are not many artists that can compare to his all around talent. He produced so much great music.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:58 pm

I can´t tell for sure but my guess is that the photo is from June 3, 1955 at the Fair Park Coliseum in Lubbock, Tx.

Elvis wears the green jacket that we see him in other photos from around mid-May 1955. The photo would obviously be from the Fair Park Coliseum and not from the Cotton Club where teen-agers were not allowed in.

Sincerely
Brian

http://www.brian56.dk

http://www.fly.to/brian56

Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:11 am

I agree, he was certainly a true talent.

Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:25 pm

Stanely Oberst´s Elvis In Texas says the date is June 3rd. I think it is funny, that there is no picture of Elvis and Buddy together if you think of Buddy´s admiration for Elvis...

O.S

Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:01 pm

bripet56 wrote:I can´t tell for sure but my guess is that the photo is from June 3, 1955 at the Fair Park Coliseum in Lubbock, Tx.

Thanks, Brian! That is my feeling as well.

DJC

Re: Buddy Holly

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:03 pm

Have there been rumors about june 3rd footage anyone :idea:

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:01 am

robbie wrote:Have there been rumors about june 3rd footage anyone :idea:

How neat would that be?

But I don't recall a professional outfit being at Lubbock's Johnson-Connelley Pontiac show room, or Fair Park Coliseum, on 6-03-1955 (Fri), so the footage would be amateur, and silent. And, no, I've never heard any such rumours.

Besides Buddy Holly and Bob Montgomery, later captured in that famous photo that evening at the Fair Park Coliseum, future songwriter, actor and singing star Mac Davis was there at the free Johnson-Connelley Pontiac show room show, he was about 13 and a half, and it changed his life. Future Cricket, Shindog and Presley piano player Glen Hardin was also present, he was 16.

http://scottymoore.net/lubbock.html

Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:48 pm

My hopes was up for a moment when i got this from Thom Zimny he seemed to be giving a hint when he states "you'll understand why when you see the film" in reference to the poster :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:17 pm

robbie wrote:My hopes was up for a moment when i got this from Thom Zimny he seemed to be giving a hint when he states "you'll understand why when you see the film" in reference to the poster :cry:

Some footage from the show probably will be included?

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:02 pm

robbie wrote:My hopes was up for a moment when i got this from Thom Zimny he seemed to be giving a hint when he states "you'll understand why when you see the film" in reference to the poster :cry:

The letter is signed by someone else, I can't quite make out the name. Could it be Kary Antholis, president of HBO miniseries?

The poster is one I've not seen before, I assume it's authentic. The insinuation is clear that they have some kind of footage from the evening show at the Fair Park Coliseum on 6-03-1955 (Fri).

And I just remembered there has long been a rumour about the show, something like "JUNE ? 1955 "LUBBOCK FAIR PARK" / COLOUR ." It's been posted on this forum more than once, I completely forgot.

So HBO may have some color home movie footage from that gig, perhaps found in the "Louisiana Hayride" archives, as it was a show featuring "Hayride" regulars.

Interestingly, in the course of an interview given on Ozarks Public Television in Springfield in October 2007, Presley rhythm guitarist John Wilkinson recalled how he first saw Elvis "on TV." However, he went on to claim twice, in detail, that what he saw were film clips from the Louisiana Hayride, aired on his local station in Springfield.

This, of course, would have been from 1955, and well before the huge media reaction to Presley's major network appearances in 1956-1957. And it underscores what others have said through the years about the existence of rare, early Elvis footage made when he was with the Hayride, for local TV broadcast.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Or maybe they've found an old, dusty, scratched acetate disc :wink:

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:09 pm

Greg1995 wrote:Or maybe they've found an old, dusty, scratched acetate disc :wink:

That won't add much to a three-hour HBO documentary.

I'm disappointed robbie has returned to the topic since my extensive, detailed reply was posted, and has not chosen to respond to my question, observations and conclusion.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:29 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:Or maybe they've found an old, dusty, scratched acetate disc :wink:

I'm disappointed robbie has returned to the topic since my extensive, detailed reply was posted, and has not chosen to respond to my question, observations and conclusion.

Are you disappointed with me :cry: my connection with the HBO thing has mostly been with the co-producer Zach Russo so it must be his signature on the letter and Thom Zimny on the poster, in truth i don't want to know all the footage they may have obtained that would spoil the surprise, but i did contact Zach last week about some 77 footage they may use and he said theres at least 3 months editing they have to do to get to that part

Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:58 am

robbie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Are you disappointed with me :cry: my connection with the HBO thing has mostly been with the co-producer Zach Russo so it must be his signature on the letter and Thom Zimny on the poster, in truth i don't want to know all the footage they may have obtained that would spoil the surprise, but i did contact Zach last week about some 77 footage they may use and he said theres at least 3 months editing they have to do to get to that part

Wow, so production didn't "wrap up" last November !

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:55 am

robbie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

My disappointment was because you returned to the topic a few hours after I made my detailed post, but did not acknowledge it, or address my query.

I guess you have no interest in the fact that the June 1955 Fair Park show has always been rumoured to have footage, or the statements John Wilkinson made on TV in 2007. I can tell you that I hope the HBO documentary uses very little 1977 footage, unless it is offstage and Elvis looks decent, or onstage from the last show in Indianapolis, which is a historical moment. Or unless they got a hold of the July 1977 Graceland poolside interview.

That letter is definitely not from Zimny, just reading it makes that clear. The signature on the letter could be anyone. Was there a name on the mailer it came in? I'm just curious.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:47 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
robbie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

My disappointment was because you returned to the topic a few hours after I made my detailed post, but did not acknowledge it, or address my query.

I guess you have no interest in the fact that the June 1955 Fair Park show has always been rumoured to have footage, or the statements John Wilkinson made on TV in 2007. I can tell you that I hope the HBO documentary uses very little 1977 footage, unless it is offstage and Elvis looks decent, or onstage from the last show in Indianapolis, which is a historical moment. Or unless they got a hold of the July 1977 Graceland poolside interview.

That letter is definitely not from Zimny, just reading it makes that clear. The signature on the letter could be anyone. Was there a name on the mailer it came in? I'm just curious.

Acknowledge what the 55 footage what you me to say about it i don't know if they have anything like that, do you wan't me to see what i can find out and post here they may not be too happy about that a, if you read my post i said the poster is signed by Thom not the letter,

Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:52 pm

Dan_T wrote:
robbie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Wow, so production didn't "wrap up" last November !

No it did not i don't know why it states that